New Epcot Resort coming soon?

At this point I’m not sure if I’m doing a poor job of making my point or if you are just being deliberately antagonistic.

I’m not talking about Disney’s current, MUCH-NEEDED investments in attractions and infrastructure. The hypothetical is directed at all of the 5th park truthers who seem to view that as either a necessity or an inevitability. The question is...when Disney begins deliberating how to spend the NEXT $4 billion in Florida, do you really want half spent to turn 500 acres of Florida swampland into yet another park, leaving (at best) $2B for attractions? Or would you rather they spend the entire $4B on new attractions and enhancements for the current destinations?
kinda rude to our moderator but whatever I guess.

Most retired folks are too smart to work at Disney. I know a few, through RV groups, that snowbird down there. Many will work for Disney for a season, maybe 2, because they love Disney, but they quickly discover it's not worth it. Between traffic, time spent getting in and out of costume and from backstage to the Parks, random schedules, brutal 12 hour type shifts, the $$/hour is a heck of a lot less in reality than working at a Chic-Fil-A, who actively hunts for retired labor and treats them pretty well.

As you mention, one of the biggest obstacles to working at Disney World is that you need to give them almost complete control over your life. By that I mean you need to agree to work any shift on any day of the week. You're at Disney's mercy when it comes to your schedule.

That's how it was back when I worked there years ago. And because I was considering moving back up to Orlando last year, I inquired about seasonal or part-time employment. (I work for myself and I thought it might be fun to get out of the house.) The woman I spoke with at Casting told me that I probably wouldn't get hired if I put restrictions of what days/times I could work.

Unless Disney lets potential part-time/seasonal/retired employees limit the days or total hours per day they are willing to work, they won't be able to turn those people into Cast Members. So, their labor problems are partially their own doing.

Yes Tron is an add - BUT...we still are down one ride due to Stitch.
Epcot YES is getting adds - Rat and UK ride and Brazil - but GotG is a replacement.
AK - net positive - yes it added two rides

DHS not so fast though here... - SW:GE is two rides - replacing one ride(tour) and show(stunt show), TSL is +2 rides but replaces a few failed things.

Again, not trying to nitpick here. I like where the changes are going - but it can't be JUST replacement - it needs to be ADDS as well.
In defense of the studios, there isn’t a lot of room to add. The rest of the parks have expansion pads so I agree on those

Hmm there is still some space at DHS, to expand, I will agree they did kind of surround it in heavy traffic roads but those can be built over or diverted if needed. Its not like Disney doesnt have the ability to treat the area like a giant sandbox and move remove or change what they want on a whim

Lol, I am ok with nothing replacing stitch at the moment. That was terrible.

DHS's guest foot print is expanded though. Other than thing Jack Sparrow thing what else did TSL replace? That Jack Sparrow thing didn't last log anyways.
I have to admit, I miss, REALLY miss the drawing academy. It was favorite of me and my daughter, who is an art student in college. Loved that class and the movie. So I am a bit salty on that.

There is still the rumor of the third phase of DHS not sure which IP is currently the topic of discussion on that one but there is still more space at DHS to add more attractions.
Not sure this is the case anymore. By all reports I have seen by insiders the ONLY thing being thought about in DHS in the next few years is possibly some upgrades to shows(BatB and Mermaid) and Star Tours being moved to new IP once SW:GE opens.... There is a rumor of the potential of a "boat ride" like Shanghai PotC in DHS...but still very blue sky I believe.

But there will be no more "lands" added per what I have heard

I fully agree with ADDS being better - but it's not like they are knocking down one super popular thing to replace it with another - I mean, how many people did Universe of Energy really get a day? Not what the capacity was, but people that actually went on it? I am sure that is a fraction of what will go to the new Guardains ride, so while it is a net neutral as far as number of attraction it will take people away from other things much more than Universe of Energy did
Absolutley, I don't disagree. Here is the thing though....

The competition in Orlando and area is getting better. Assuming Uni actually builds the Nintendo world, and also adds its 4th(really 3rd you can't count a water park....sheesh) gate, Disney must keep pace.

Now, do they need a 5th gate? I don't think so. I think if they do what they are currently doing plus a bit, they will more than compete and continue to dominate....
First - continue with replacing poor executions - example - GotG for Energy, upgraded speedway with Tron add and such. Stitch eventually needs replacement, so does the Indy stunt show IMO.
Second - continue to ADD to the parks - Tron in MK is a great example, Rat, UK ride and new pavilion in Epcot is another. Avatar in AK as well. But Epcot, DHS and AK need MORE and MORE additional.
Third - continue to add resorts themed - I think this is the next step in immersion. Star Wars resort in DHS area that has a direct tie to the land both in theme, path and execution will only add to the stay. Would love to see the new add in EPCOT be space or future world themed.

But it can't just replace, I don't think that is enough.

In defense of the studios, there isn’t a lot of room to add. The rest of the parks have expansion pads so I agree on those
By most insider reports there is an expansion area IN SW:GE for another add, an expansion pad to go into the parking lot near Mupets(I think) that was original target for SW:GE, and in the animation area as well. So yes, it is tight, but there is still space.

By most insider reports there is an expansion area IN SW:GE for another add, an expansion pad to go into the parking lot near Mupets(I think) that was original target for SW:GE, and in the animation area as well. So yes, it is tight, but there is still space.
definitely, although the parking lot thing is a little more tricky now since they decided you forgo the garage that was planned there. I’d expect if they do anything with the studios in the future that the animation area will be the next to get revamped

Absolutley, I don't disagree. Here is the thing though....

The competition in Orlando and area is getting better. Assuming Uni actually builds the Nintendo world, and also adds its 4th(really 3rd you can't count a water park....sheesh) gate, Disney must keep pace.

Now, do they need a 5th gate? I don't think so. I think if they do what they are currently doing plus a bit, they will more than compete and continue to dominate....
First - continue with replacing poor executions - example - GotG for Energy, upgraded speedway with Tron add and such. Stitch eventually needs replacement, so does the Indy stunt show IMO.
Second - continue to ADD to the parks - Tron in MK is a great example, Rat, UK ride and new pavilion in Epcot is another. Avatar in AK as well. But Epcot, DHS and AK need MORE and MORE additional.
Third - continue to add resorts themed - I think this is the next step in immersion. Star Wars resort in DHS area that has a direct tie to the land both in theme, path and execution will only add to the stay. Would love to see the new add in EPCOT be space or future world themed.

But it can't just replace, I don't think that is enough.

I agree with all of this - and if I cam across as implying Disney shouldn't add as well, then i didn't communicate myself well. My point was more when I see people say that there is not net increase at DHS or something - when, yes, perhaps the # of attractions is the same as before but the guests those attractions will service in a day is drastically higher. Same with UoE for Guardians, by number of attractions it is net 0, but the new ride will take in so many more guests than UoE was that is will help reduce demand on other attraction, that's all

I also would love to just see more things over in the Animal Kingdom area - it seems so isolated from the rest of the parks and resorts. Not sure what that would be but an Animal themed fully immersive hotel could be cool or just some other area to hang out in

Obviously not the same as being in the park but I believe they still do the drawing classes are Art or Animation
True, but to be honest I and my family never go over there. If we stay on site we usually stay in MK area resorts, and if off site we don't do much resort visiting or hopping.

I agree with all of this - and if I cam across as implying Disney shouldn't add as well, then i didn't communicate myself well. My point was more when I see people say that there is not net increase at DHS or something - when, yes, perhaps the # of attractions is the same as before but the guests those attractions will service in a day is drastically higher. Same with UoE for Guardians, by number of attractions it is net 0, but the new ride will take in so many more guests than UoE was that is will help reduce demand on other attraction, that's all

I also would love to just see more things over in the Animal Kingdom area - it seems so isolated from the rest of the parks and resorts. Not sure what that would be but an Animal themed fully immersive hotel could be cool or just some other area to hang out in
Just me, I know - I would love to stay in a Tarzan type resort - Jungle tree houses, with rope bridges to get around...even an area for kids to swing by rope from place to place would be soooo cool. I know they have the tree houses at Saratoga...but to me its not close to the immersion I am looking for. Just me I guess.

Just me, I know - I would love to stay in a Tarzan type resort - Jungle tree houses, with rope bridges to get around...even an area for kids to swing by rope from place to place would be soooo cool. I know they have the tree houses at Saratoga...but to me its not close to the immersion I am looking for. Just me I guess.

I don't think it is just you - I think a lot of people would like that and if it included interaction with actual animals as part of the stay - sort of like including some of the tours like the Care for Elephants, etc. - as part of your stay there ... and maybe you can earn "credits' by passing "courses" or something just to add a gamifacation element. I think that would be cool

I also thought a cool concept for a resort would be like "Mickey's Dude Ranch" like they have in other parts of the country ... where it was like a real working ranch and you had associated activities and campfires and ride horses and stuff. And a lot of those include spas too for members of the family that want that aspect

The more and more I think about this, the more and more I want to learn more about this Epcot Hotel. If only I could be a fly on the wall in the room of Blue Prints that Disney Imagineers must have

I thought I just saw on my Twitter feed that they've announced a premium hotel in the UK pavilion......now I can't find it.

Ha ha. It's a fake story. It got me!

The way the question was worded, I assume you are not counting Art of Animation, correct? If so, then Animal Kingdom Lodge is the correct answer

i assumes the same
as Art of animation was a build on to the whole All Stars portfolio

Find it odd they are land clearing for a hotel that isn't even announced yet they haven't broke ground on the Star Wars hotel yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter