Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a CR fan only because we have built up our own nostalgia by staying there over the years. And walking to MK helps as well ;)

But objectively looking at its architecture, it’s not as appealing to me as the other deluxes which are more traditional
I love the contemporary for the a-frame look, the monorail situation, and the concourse as a whole, especially the Blair murals. But objectively you’re spot on, heck hop over to GF or poly on the monorail, or by boat to WL for absolutely stunning theming

An aspect that interests me here is that this is the first time in WDW they’re creating a dvc and regular hotel hybrid from the ground up. If I’m not mistaken, the other dvc with deluxes in Orlando were added on after the fact as additions. And the only time they’ve done it in the past was with grand Californian, which has something like 20 DVC units in it, so I’m not sure if that really counts. It definitely adds an interesting element to this whole thing

I think Contemporary was a bit more of a future theme than modern.

The theming of the hotels told a story, and that story was never “today in Everywhere, USA”

But, since we haven’t heard any backstory, yet...the Paris Nature Resort seems somewhat successful in bringing the outdoors inside.
When done right, modern design can allow for more seamless glass walls (without any adornment/molding) so it might be the right choice for a Nature theme.

Future was the theme but the architecture was solidly modern. This new hotel can be themed nature but the architecture style also looks to be modern. Which is interesting because there hasn’t been much of that in the Disney Deluxes other than the CR. It will be interesting to see how it turns out and how it’s received

An aspect that interests me here is that this is the first time in WDW they’re creating a dvc and regular hotel hybrid from the ground up. If I’m not mistaken, the other dvc with deluxes in Orlando were added on after the fact as additions. And the only time they’ve done it in the past was with grand Californian, which has something like 20 DVC units in it, so I’m not sure if that really counts. It definitely adds an interesting element to this whole thing
No, the Boardwalk was a hybrid ground up.

I'm excited for a new resort and for unused land to find a new purpose BUT I would rather see more DVC at Disneyland since it's so limited already.

I'm excited for a new resort and for unused land to find a new purpose BUT I would rather see more DVC at Disneyland since it's so limited already.
Agree with the desire to have more DVC at Disneyland. But I don't see them as mutually exclusive. No reason they couldn't build a DVC resort (or add on to the existing one) at the same time they are doing River Country.

Agree with the desire to have more DVC at Disneyland. But I don't see them as mutually exclusive. No reason they couldn't build a DVC resort (or add on to the existing one) at the same time they are doing River Country.

That's a good point! Though with the hotel recently being cancelled at Disneyland, I doubt we'll see anything soon, unfortunately.

I've seen apartment complexes with better theming than this.
To say I'm underwhelmed would be an understatement.

Last edited:
You're exactly right - precisely why I will not waste my vacation hours and money staying in a Hyatt look-a-like. It's a sad day to me when Universal's resorts now out-theme Disney, and it will be a continuing trend as seen in recent developments.
I happen to think this is a nice change of pace though, there are plenty of places to stay that ARE heavily themed, but sometimes it's nice to have the break. Though I do love Universal's hotels and agree at some points they do out theme them.

I am excited for this! The time it’s slated to open is the time hubby and I will be looking to buy into DVC! Although hubby still wants to buy at Copper Creek. Hopefully when this one is done I’ll be able to “persuade” him lol.

I think it’s interesting that based on one exterior rendering, people are already jumping to conclusions that they hate this resort. It doesn’t even have a name yet!

I’m looking forward to having another MK area location to use our DVC points. I’ll hold off on my judgment about the place until we stay there and experience it for ourselves.

I have all the blueprints right now! Not sure if Im allowed to post them. I will say this those of us that love fort wilderness and the frontier vibe are not going to be happy at all!

The beach at the campground is GONE for good! They’re building A-frame bungalows there, along with treehouses. No more views... you’ll be in your rocking chair at the bar area looking at modern tree houses.

Directly behind Pioneer Hall will be a wing of resort... this place is huge! 9 stories tall!

The 2 huge parking lots hold 1040 spaces, which the one is right next to Pioneer Hall.

Not good...

I have all the blueprints right now! Not sure if Im allowed to post them. I will say this those of us that love fort wilderness and the frontier vibe are not going to be happy at all!

The beach at the campground is GONE for good! They’re building A-frame bungalows there, along with treehouses. No more views... you’ll be in your rocking chair at the bar area looking at modern tree houses.

Directly behind Pioneer Hall will be a wing of resort... this place is huge! 9 stories tall!

The 2 huge parking lots hold 1040 spaces, which the one is right next to Pioneer Hall.

Not good...

That sounds....awesome!

Spoken as a DVC owner who hates camping but loves wilderness.

Not good...

Like I said before, I don't expect Fort Wilderness to be around much longer. Basically sounds like the first step to removing it completely for something that can make more money. Seems Disney isn't interested in maintaining unique experiences these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter