new blog: Review: “Frozen” Blu-ray Hits Shelves

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
When Frozen was released in November 2013, there were a lot of questions about whether or not the film lived up to the hype that Disney and critics were building. It performed strongly in its first weekend being widely released, but didn’t hit the #1 spot until its second. However, positive word of mouth ended up trumping the naysayers and soon the entire world was belting out “Let It Go” and keeping the profits of Frozen above $10 million per week for 2 months straight.

Read more here:

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/03/18/review-frozen-blu-ray-hits-shelves/

I started to buy it today despite the fact that I want the 3D version but have decided to skip both it and Saving Mr. Banks the latter based on the disappointing lack of extras. I may rent it from Redbox but it will not be a purchase.I am very disappointed in Disney's decision to not release in 3D at this time. This was how I saw it in the theater and the only way I care to see it at home.I bought my 3D home theater based on the assurances from movie studios including Disney at the time that they would support it. I've been a fanatical Disney supporter for many many years but here of late with their decisions on the parks and movies they are pushing me farther and farther away.

Saw it twice in the theater a few months ago and after watching it again on Blu-ray today all I can say is Frozen easily joins my list of all time favorite Disney movies.

Beautiful imagery, great characters, humor, heart wrenching, and a great story. :thumbsup2

I also wish they would have released the 3d version today but I've gotten used to studios doing this for the double dip. I usually don't bite but on movies I really like I suck it up and pay again for the 3d release, I probably have a half dozen duplicate Blu-rays because of this practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter