New AP for weekdays only?!?!

You are all right, Shan, because the price goes up this week too.

The park hopper prices went up, I did not see anything about annual passes going up in price. What's the scoop on this?

Vicki

Prices went up for both AP's and Parkhoppers. New prices here:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm

I saw on another thread that the weekday AP's are only for Disneyland.

Pass prices at Disneyland are much lower. You can get a 5 day hopper for $129 plus tax advance purchase price. AP's are $279 plus tax. Anyone can get a seasonal AP for $179 (320 days, rest blackout days).

Wait did I read this right...ANYONE can buy a seasonal pass
now????? you don't need to be a fla resident??
what are the black out dates or where can you find them...
that would save me a lot for a our NOV trip!

Originally posted by MELISAZACK
Wait did I read this right...ANYONE can buy a seasonal pass
now????? you don't need to be a fla resident??
what are the black out dates or where can you find them...
that would save me a lot for a our NOV trip!

At Disneyland....

<font face="times" size="+0">http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=537021

nothing to get excited about... Disney released a vague press release, but the weekday AP is only at Disneyland.

i repeat: this pass is NOT at WDW.

also, the comment about the seasonal AP, i believe that's also for Disneyland only. i have heard of people buying the DL APs even though they weren't SoCal residents.

if you're curious about the Weekday AP, just check out Disneyland's official website for more info:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/annualPassholder/index?id=AnnualPassholderUngatedContentPage
</font>

Here's an Orlando Sentinel article on the increase.

Disney Prices Up

The wording about the weekday AP pass is confusing but it only makes sense for Disneyland. WDW is plenty busy during the week. ;)

Here's the scoop on the weekday AP:

It's for Disneyland and only for Southern CA residents (zip codes 90000 to 93599). Additional blackout days other than weekends. Good 170 days per year for $99 plus tax.

Originally posted by Peter Johnson
Interestingly, according to the chart, the AP Renewals did not go up even though APs did. That's good news for us :D

But bad news for us. We just bought our first ever APs. Wasn't going to buy them until our trip in May, but I saved $22 by purchasing them last Saturday before the prices went up. So glad I am on the DIS! :) Otherwise, I would have never known.

Originally posted by Peter Johnson
Interestingly, according to the chart, the AP Renewals did not go up even though APs did. That's good news for us :D

Don't count on it. More than likely they haven't gotten the higher renewal price posted yet. AP and PAP renewals both went up. It takes time for some of these web sites to get updated. The ticket prices listed on the DIS don't show the AP hike yet and Mousesavers doesn't have any of the new prices up yet either.

WITH THE FLA. SEASONAL PASSES DO YOU GET THE SAME DISCOUNT ON YOUR ROOM AS IF YOU HAD THE AP?
SORRY I KNOW THIS IS A LITTLE OFF THE SUBJECT, BUT
WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE SOME MONEY NOW SINCE THE PRICE INCREASE.

If you qualify for the Seasonal pass then you would also qualify for FL rates which are the same as AP rates.

MY DH AND I DON'T QUALIFY FOR EITHER BUT MY MOM DOES,
AND SHE WILL HAVE MY SON FOR A WHILE THIS YEAR AND
PASS WISE THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GO IS THE SEASONAL PASS.
FIGURED SINCE HE WILL HAVE IT, IF IT GETS HIM THE SAME
DISCOUNT AS SOMEONE W/AN AP PASS THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE
TO BUY ONE FOR ME TO GET THE DISCOUNT ON A ROOM.

The reservation will have to be in your mother's name with her Florida address to get the FL/SP rate.

HOW WOULD AN ADULT BE ABLE TO PUT A CHILDS SEASONAL
PASS IN THERE NAME...HE IS 6 YES, I UNDERSTAND SHE WILL
USE HER ADDRESS FOR HIS PASS WHILE HE IS DOWN THERE.
BUT IF THAT GETS HIM DISCOUNTS ON ROOM FOR THE SAME
AMOUNT OF THE AP PASS DISCOUNT THEN I WON'T BUY
A REG AP PASS FOR MYSELF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter