Never say never...New Year New Plan **a NYE 2018/2019 PTR** Updated 12/26

Ahh tough decisions! But I'm glad you definitely have the Snow White dinner booked!

Honestly I would say try and do all 3, but I also understand you wanted to take it easy for the sake of the rest of your family! I also don't know how crowded MK will be so I can't say if that's a good idea or not!

I don't envy being in your shoes right now :rotfl2:

I can't wait to see what that is like! YEAH!

That is hard. I mean that sounds like a decent plan. It's a lot but I don't think it is too much. Is there a chance that you MK will be closed for capacity?

I'm so excited for this meal I can barely stand it!! I love Artist Point as is, and even though I'm sad about the menu changes, I'm also excited b/c Snow White is my favorite princess (followed closely by Tiana - can't they just open Tiana's Place already???)

It didn't close last year. Last year we spent the whole day of 12/30 at the MK, and saw some of the parade from Tom Sawyer's Island. Who knows how it'll be this year - maybe if it closes it will solve my problem for me :rotfl:

Ahh tough decisions! But I'm glad you definitely have the Snow White dinner booked!

Honestly I would say try and do all 3, but I also understand you wanted to take it easy for the sake of the rest of your family! I also don't know how crowded MK will be so I can't say if that's a good idea or not!

I don't envy being in your shoes right now :rotfl2:

I jumped on those Snow White reservations the second I saw they were available!!

I'm going to run the idea by everyone...I think if we just go slowly at Epcot and cruise the WS, they'll be more open to me trying to drag them to the MK afterward. If we go early enough it might work!

Depending on how long dinner takes, we may even catch a bit of the 6:30 fireworks from the WL dock or boat - I'm going to have us show up early for the reservation to try and get in ahead of schedule. We'll see!

It's so hard to choose!! First World problems, LOL

Joining in your PTR, we loved the Poly, we have stayed twice.

We also have an ADR for the new Storybook dinner at WL, I’m not thrilled with the menu but it is a must to try out!

We don’t have any pictures with a dwarf! So high priority, lol!

Good idea to stay at the MCO airport hotel the first night

With all that school stuff behind me, I can think about other things and catch up on tv! I'm currently very involved with The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix, and it's creepy and sad and very, very good.

Omg yes we're halfway through episode 5 (although Josh had to go to sleep so idk when we'll finish it) and every episode some kind of ghost pops out that I'm like nooo nooo I would run screaming nooo. And it's also very sad.

I know you're not here to read about me watching scary movies and tv shows, so let's move on to Disney trip stuff!!

I want to hear about both!

We could go there and see if we could catch a couple of storytellers and eat at some of the kiosks around the World Showcase.

In my opinion the holiday food booths are some of the worst if that helps. :rotfl:

I'm still bummed I missed out on the storytellers last trip because dd was sick. I just couldn't re-work it into our plans. I'm the only one that cared about seeing them. The holiday food booths didn't appeal to me. I'm excited to be able to hit up some f&w booths next year. I can't wait to try the Snow White character meal. I wish it was ready in November but we get to give 1900 dinner a try instead.

Good luck getting everyone's opinions. I always ask and never get any responses until our trip is upon us and then I'm scrambling to make changes.

(followed closely by Tiana - can't they just open Tiana's Place already???)
YES!!! They could easily do that in MK. Squeeze it in somewhere in Liberty Square...

It didn't close last year. Last year we spent the whole day of 12/30 at the MK, and saw some of the parade from Tom Sawyer's Island. Who knows how it'll be this year - maybe if it closes it will solve my problem for me :rotfl:
You are at the Poly, you could give everyone the choice to go with you into MK to see the parade or go back to the resort.

One thing that's a definite do - I booked the new Snow White dinner at Artist Point at 5:20pm. So we're locked in there, I'm not willing to change it.
Oh I'm glad you have this, I'm anxious to hear how the change-over goes.

I can't offer any solid advice here - my normal park day sees 3 different parks so I'm no help with keeping things simple :rotfl:

Happy Halloween!!

FKS0fW0.gif

So far so good on treats vs. tricks!! I'm taking a break from cleaning the house while the roomba runs (X has friends coming over tonight), original Halloween playing on AMC, and candy organized by type (no, i'm not crazy, I just keep the chocolate separate from the fruity candy like sour patch and skittles...for allergy kids. Or, b/c I don't like when the peanut flavors from the choc candy absorb into my sour patch), so I've got a little free time.

Fast Pass day was today...so, how'd it go??

KRbKM8P.gif

Great!!

If you remember, I was having a hard time deciding where to go on arrival day (12/30) - Epcot for holiday stuff, or MK because...well...it's the Magic Kingdom! DH wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom b/c he knows I want to see the Christmas parade, but after all four of us talked it out, we ended up deciding to go to Epcot as originally planned.

There were no Frozen fast passes available when I booked (I haven't gone back to see if there are any now, the times were really shifting around this morning for everything), which is what I intended to pick as Tier 1 since we'll mostly be in the World Showcase, so I went with Test Track instead. I don't think we've been on Test Track since 2015, if you can believe that!! X rode by himself on our last family visit in 2016 in the single rider line. Lately I've been choosing Soarin' or Frozen as my tier one, so I'm happy with this decision.

I also grabbed one for Mission Space (L loves this ride, DH is ok with it, X and I are not fans...but I want to see the new green mission. L will want the orange side, and DH will ride with him) and Spaceship Earth (going to ride this as much as possible before it goes down for refurb!!)

Other passes are:

12/31 NYE at DHS!
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- RnR
- Tower

1/1 - Epcot morning, MK evening (after HEA dessert party)
- Frozen
- Spaceship Earth
no third choice, no real need for one. We'll rope drop Soarin'/Land/Nemo

1/2 - Magic Kingdom morning, Epcot evening (Goodbye to Illuminations)
- SDMT
- Peter Pan
- Splash

1/3 - Animal Kingdom all day!!
- Safari
- Flight of Passage
- Everest
We have the rhino tour this day...and I think DH and I at least (maybe the kids, we'll see how perky they are) are going to try and go really early to rope drop Navi River - still never done that one!

1/4 - Magic Kingdom morning, DHS evening
- Tower
- Star Tours
- Slinky Dog

It felt REALLY STRANGE only making one day of fast passes for the Magic Kingdom, but when it's crowded, it's easier to get on rides or watch shows there than it is at the other parks, there are just more options. They also have lines I don't mind waiting in as much, like Pirates or Haunted Mansion, or even Space Mountain.

Now that this is out of the way, I can start with daily plan posts, woo!! And maybe even do a little trip shopping. I have taken a break on Minnie ears (I have so many!), but I might need to refresh my shirt stash!!

Have a safe and fun Halloween, and I'll see you all real soon!!

Dxlyk7k.gif

Happy Halloween! I'm glad you got everything you wanted!!

Oh and I'm with you..I hate when the peanut flavor transfers to other candies!!

We booked Artist Point as well. Momma loves Dopey so booked it for her. Hoping to see reviews of it before we go though because we've no dining plan and it's expensive :(

1/1 - Epcot morning, MK evening (after HEA dessert party)
- Frozen
- Spaceship Earth
no third choice, no real need for one. We'll rope drop Soarin'/Land/Nemo

I love your fastpasses, but you mentioned not needing a third fastpass. I might suggest adding one as early as possible and then seeing what opens up later for TT or FEA. Again, might not, probably will not...but it gives you some flexibility even if you just burn the FP and don't use it. Just a thought...

I love your fastpasses, but you mentioned not needing a third fastpass. I might suggest adding one as early as possible and then seeing what opens up later for TT or FEA. Again, might not, probably will not...but it gives you some flexibility even if you just burn the FP and don't use it. Just a thought...

Thanks! I've got a pretty full plan that day and there really is no need for another fast pass for what we intend to do at Epcot - we have quite a bit of Epcot time planned so I'm not worried about it. New Year's Day is pretty dead as far as parks go first thing in the morning, so I may even end up changing all of these over to Magic Kingdom passes for the evening. The ones I have are timed specifically to work with our lunch reservation and the time we plan to leave the park for the day. If it was on a different day, I'd have probably thrown in Nemo or Land just to have something, but not an issue this time around :-)

Thanks! I've got a pretty full plan that day and there really is no need for another fast pass for what we intend to do at Epcot - we have quite a bit of Epcot time planned so I'm not worried about it. New Year's Day is pretty dead as far as parks go first thing in the morning, so I may even end up changing all of these over to Magic Kingdom passes for the evening. The ones I have are timed specifically to work with our lunch reservation and the time we plan to leave the park for the day. If it was on a different day, I'd have probably thrown in Nemo or Land just to have something, but not an issue this time around :-)

Sounds good. Hypothetically....if you didn't book that third fast pass in Epcot and then went over to MK in the afternoon/evening. Would you be able to book that third fastpass in MK instead? I thought in the past it had to be all at one park and then once you exhaust them you can hop and find fastpasses at other parks. Then again, I think I saw that might have changed...who knows. Anyway, any ideas? I love split park days and would love to do that as well.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Hypothetically....if you didn't book that third fast pass in Epcot and then went over to MK in the afternoon/evening. Would you be able to book that third fastpass in MK instead? I thought in the past it had to be all at one park and then once you exhaust them you can hop and find fastpasses at other parks. Then again, I think I saw that might have changed...who knows. Anyway, any ideas? I love split park days and would love to do that as well.
[/QUOTE]

You can't book your initial three at separate parks, but if you book two and use them, you can book a day of fast pass for somewhere else. You just can't book the second park in advance. It's no real benefit, you still have to use the first ones you have booked or let them expire before you can make any for another park. Does that make sense? It would be just like using your initial three and then booking a 4th somewhere else after those were used up.

Good morning!!

I'm sitting here very quietly this morning, next to a sleeping X, who had his wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Once he came down from the anesthesia and the numbness finally subsided last night, he was more pleasant to be around. He was VERY mood swingy for the first four hours, going between super sweet and super demon. At one point he said the numbness lasting so long was the worst thing ever, and he'd rather be hit in the head with a hammer. I told him if he kept it up, he'd get his wish :rotfl:

(update: he's awake and pleasant now!)

We did a few fun things in October I didn't mention much. On the 20th we braved the cold and went to a Nathaniel Rateliff/Leon Bridges concert (they were ending a conference that was in town, and it was a free outdoor show - I think it ruined me for free shows, it was crazy and I am too old for that!! Leon Bridges is coming back to town in May and I bought tickets yesterday so I don't have to stand in a crowd. I can just stand in front of my seat, instead, ha!)

Here we are:

IMG_3288.jpg

Wow, we are gigantic!! Sorry for the mega sized picture!

I got exactly zero pictures of Halloween night, but L went to a friend's house and trick or treated with his group of buddies, and X had a few friends over here and did the same. X's group didn't stay out too long (it was raining), but they raided our candy bowl instead.

November has flown by already, I don't even know how that happened. L and I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody on its opening night and are obsessed, and Thursday all of us went to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie, which was so good, even though it broke my heart at the end :sad::sad:

c2TiVMX.gif

So this PTR is not exactly the most thrilling read in town, but let's try and generate some kind of Disney excitement!!

Usually before a trip I have a little mini buying frenzy. That really hasn't been the case this year, although over the past few months I've picked up a couple of things.

Here's a pic of a VERY WRINKLY shirt I bought right after we booked...I actually thought I'd lost it, but I found it shoved at the back of a drawer, yay!

Since we're staying at the Polynesian, I think it's appropriate:

jl0eX5U.jpg

And in September we were in Barnes and Noble and the Danielle Nicole Disney bags were all 50% off. Even though I swore I'd never buy one b/c they're terribly impractical...

wpAxXBV.jpg

TS0vZfU.jpg

The Beast is actually a good size, and I may use it for toiletries in my checked bag. I plan to take the Dopey one to Artist Point when we have our Snow White dinner there. Otherwise, they're mostly just cute. Sometimes 50% off is too much to resist, and the practical side of my brain is overtaken by the "but it's so cute and glittery" side ::yes::

Thanks to @coloredimage I also developed a crocheted coffee cozy problem...

BsHBzLo.jpg

Yes, I'll probably be bringing at least one of them with me for a photo. I'm one of those people, and I feel no shame.

QZzSfQq.gif

That's the extent of my buying so far...right now we're all in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them mode, and Christmas shopping has taken over Disney shopping. Who knows, if I'm stuck home taking care of my puffy faced dental patient, I may do a little online today!

If I get bored later, I'll probably put up our first day plans!! Have a happy Saturday!!

Fantastic Beasts! Woohoo! I'm going today to see it. :hyper:

Hope he feels better soon! Love the bags. I agree with the whole 50% off concept. C gets irritated with me when I try to reason it out. He doesn't agree with my reasoning ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter