This will be especially problematic traveling with kids - even if the adults are vaccinated and feel fairly confident about not contracting COVID, kids can't yet be vaccinated. ABD should really be pivoting to stepping up its domestic offerings.

I've got a Rhine River cruise booked for this summer, and this concerns me, because is ABD going to add in testing while on the cruise? Otherwise how do you get tested? The notice also doesn't say 'vaccine or negative test', it just says 'negative test', so even if you've had the vaccine, will you still be required to get a test?

Many countries in Europe now have testing centres at the airports. In my country, there is a both a drive up and walk centre. You can get a rapid test or a PCR test. The tests cost around €100 depending on the type of test required. If you plan to travel to Europe, research the airport you will be arriving to / departing from back to USA.

If you test positive, then that means that you can't travel home for 10-14 days. Is anyone willing to be stranded in some foreign county for 10-14 days? Do you have that much money to cover a hotel for 10-14 days? Is there any travel insurance that would cover this additional stay? Can you afford the extra vacation days?

-Paul

I would want the costs of the test provided to me by ABD prior to departure.
At first I thought you were saying you wanted ABD to *cover* the cost of the test, and was going to say "good luck with that one!" Then I realized you were probably saying you wanted them to tell you how much it was going to cost before you left for your trip. :)

Sayhello

We are going to Turks & Caicos in March and the resort (Aman) will be providing testing to guests for the return trip. I think that's something you're going to see industry wide. Hopefully.

Also no word on how proof of vaccination comes into play.

Wow, just read that now also mandatory 10 day quarantine with the negative test.
Will CR March be cancelled?!

CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER: Quarantine After International Travel Now Required for Those Arriving in the U.S.
On his first full day in office, President Joe Biden has announced more requirements for travelers to the U.S. Aside from providing negative COVID-19 test results before boarding, all travelers coming from abroad—U.S. citizens and permanent residents included—will have to follow CDC recommendations and quarantine after international travel for 10 days upon arrival. The executive order expands on the previous administration's pre-testing policy, set to go into effect on January 26.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/qu...vel-now-required-for-those-arriving-in-the-us
Well, what happens to you when you get back to the US doesn't really impact ABD, unless people start dropping out of the March departures, and they just don't have enough people to run it. The article doesn't state if you're allowed to go all the way home and quarantine there for 10 days (hopefully) or if you have to quarantine in the city where you land. Assuming you can go home, then If you can work from home, it's not the worst thing in the world, but if you can't work during those 10 days, I'd think that's a deal breaker for most people. Same thing if your kids can't go to school from home.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter