• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need info for DD in London on DP or is that PD?

idofabric

<font color=green>"How do I...?"
Anywho, I did post an inquirey for this on the UK/ Paris boards. And they have been great! :cool1:

However I think that there might be some of you all that can help also, :love: making kissy noises now... , :rolleyes1

My DD is working/living in London after a Semester at Uni. in Edinburgh.
She is, of course, broke, and a very cheap person... But she has to go to Paris to fly home and to do some family stuff. And she wants to go to Euro Disney.

Cheap. Free would be good, but so would winning the lottery... So ACAP- that would be AsCheapAsPossible. :teeth:

We are retired USN and she has her ID card and we know/think there is an MWR in the area. I have spent a lot of time on line today looking, got to love the Military sites... :badpc: they are so "fun" to work with...
And while I can find a listing for US bases in the UK, for London, I can not find a phone # for her to call. Or a website for either. And I called a friend that is a DreamsUnlimited agent and she is not sure, but, Bless Her!, is trying to look in to it.

Of course my DD is also IMing my while I am doing all this looking up stuff- and is patience as any DD, 20+yo is with there mom...Rather more so then if she was here in person! Got to love this IM/Email stuff!
She will be going after her job at Wimbleton? is over, late June/early July ish?
She has said she MUST go to Paris first, no idea why. Then Dijion, family stuff to do, Then Disney. I, personally think Disney first, but she is still young.

So after all this rambling, Thank You All Very Much!, I guess what I need to find out from all of you Founts of Knowledge out there is : :wave2:

1) Any MWR / US bases that sell DP tickets in the UK.

2) Any places in the US that sell a discount ticket I could get here and mail here?- Yes, I looked first, and while it might be a "Snake", I can't find any info... New glasses would not help! :confused3
(BTW "Snake" is what I yell when my DD, DH, or DS's can't find something and I walk into a room and just point it out to them- most of the time it is under their hand, I never, of course, have this problem. Do not mention the car keys, or shoes, or hairbrush, They Do Not Count!)

3)Any hotel/ticket deals? She could only stay 2 days, unless it is really, really cheap, and we all know that is not gonna happen!

4)London Phone numbers/travel agent/? she could check... Or, rather, some place I will end up calling/emailing... ;)

5)Any/all the other things I can and did forget!

As allways, Please and Thank You! :grouphug: Bless ya all! And take pity on me, I just took a large group of teen/college kids to WDW... :wave2:

I think I want her to go more then she does! :moped: She will have been to all the Open Disney parks then! And she will have a good chance of going to Hong Kong in a year or 2-her BF is gonna live there.And we lived in Japan when she was very young.

Well, I am not sure how much help I will be, but here goes:

Disneyland Paris (it is no longer called Euro Disney) is IN Paris (the outskirts) so going to Paris 1st will be no big deal.
We are military as well, and I never found a ticket 'deal' I just bought them at the gate.
I stayed in a Youth Hostel. It was about $22 per night or something, but I wasn't there to be pampered, I was there to see Paris. She can just take the Metro (subway) to DLP, very easy to do.
Good luck!

Well, ya know, I never though of a youth Hostel! And back in the day I did Europe that way. Snake again!

I have "heard" that tickets are availabel at the MWR UK bases... but no one can tell me any concrete info. If not no biggie- but seeing as people in the UK can get different tickets, like 21 day ones, and special prices on them and shorter stays. I am hoping to find something like that, only for a much shorter visit- 2-3 days, only.

Iwas told that Eurostar or Eurotrain had a special price. I found that for 111 pounds she could get there, stay at a Disney hotel and get a 1 day ticket. It did not sound to much to me, but she is very frugal.

Yea, better word,frugal, instead of cheap!

You can also always try sato travel. They have some packages sometimes. Their link is
www.europe.satovacations.com
And there is also a USO in paris. www.usoparis.org They often do bustrips of paris and disney.

We are in germany and they often do weekend trips to paris/Disney just for the weekend for less than 100 euros. Info for them can be found at the travel agency.

Hope this helps!

2 more great ideas I had forgotten all about!

I used to think it was 'cause of my getting older- now I know that the kids steal all my brain cells as I sleep at night...

I know what you mean about the brain cells. I used to be able to spell once upon a time!:confused3

Yep-o,Dee8197! But I have allways had a spelling prob. Can't say if it is my brain working faster then my fingers writting, or if it is the dislexia thing...

The 3 option is that when I gave birth to the kids the brain cells left the bod as they did! Why else would a normally intelligant person voluntery have 3 (wonderfull as they are... :rolleyes:), kids?

So I will take all this info and send it to the oldest one, DS, and then when she panics and doesn't know what to do with it all I will use it. And to think she is the one on the Deans List at USC! I never finished college/uni, so what do I know?

:cheer2: What was the quote? Old age and knowledge will beat youth and beauty in the end? or something along that line!

I tried to post again last night, but grrrr... didn't work!
Anyway, I am not sure if you can stay at a hostel without a Hostel card, but I am not POSITIVE. I know I had to get a card and put my pic on it.
Also, has she considered the chunnel? I don't remember if you wrote that in any of your posts. I took it to London, and since I was only 25 it was cheap. I bought tix in advance though.

I think I responded to this elsewhere, but just a few links that might be handy:

http://www.hostelworld.com/ for safe, registered hostels and budget accom. they have really good rating systems also.

http://www.eurostar.com/dctm/jsp/services/detail_fares.jsp?page=fares&id=09001a59800b4080 for DLRP youth fares

http://www.statravel.org/ Student Travel Association, good deals and contains details of the ISIC card that can get discounts all over the place.

www.skyscanner.net for budget airline info, also www.traveljungle.co.uk which compares flight prices

also check out www.lastminute.com for deals!

Briarmom, i dont think you need a hostel card, at least not for the hostels in the link above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter