Need info about kitchenette

KAL918

Earning My Ears
Hi! This November will be our welcome home trip at AKL Kidani. We are in a deluxe studio. Can someone tell me what the plate situation is like? I read they only provide 4 paper plates. Can these be replenished or should we plan on ordering some from Garden Grocer? Same with napkins and plastic forks and knives--is it really not enough to last 4 mornings for 2 people? And is there a way to heat up water for tea or should I just plan on using the microwave (assuming mugs are provided!). Thank you!

Hi! This November will be our welcome home trip at AKL Kidani. We are in a deluxe studio. Can someone tell me what the plate situation is like? I read they only provide 4 paper plates. Can these be replenished or should we plan on ordering some from Garden Grocer? Same with napkins and plastic forks and knives--is it really not enough to last 4 mornings for 2 people? And is there a way to heat up water for tea or should I just plan on using the microwave (assuming mugs are provided!). Thank you!

You can get more of the disposable items - ie, plates, bowls, forks, knives. There are a few items you have to pay to replenish but not those.

Microwave for heating water in a studio. There may or not be mugs - if not then call housekeeping for some.

I've been known to grab some extra plastic utensils at QS places to take back to the room because they don't always supply enough or replenish when they are supposed to & I hate having to call for plastic utensils. We will also wash what we have & reuse them several times. No napkins are supplied but they do provide paper towels which you can use as napkins. I also tend to grab extra napkins at QS to use back in the room. The paper plates & bowls we will call and ask for more if needed. Just returned from OKW & there was more than enough supplied without me having to request more. But that does vary from room to room. I think this was the first time in over 20 years that I haven't had to call to request anything other than a Bellman.

Just call housekeeping and ask for more of the paper products when you are getting low. I also leave notes to the maid on T&T and full cleaning days requesting more items. You could have glasses (glass ones) and coffee mugs for the number of guests the room holds, and if you don't call housekeeping and ask for them.

We were just there. There are glass glasses and mugs. Need to use the microwave to heat water. There were NO plates or bowls. You must call housekeeping to get them and request how many you want also. They provided some plastic silverware but we took some from Mara to supplement. They only provide paper towels not napkins so bring some or have them delivered with your groceries. We were surprised there were no plates or bowls. They don't come individually wrapped just in a bag. Housekeeping brought them in less than 10 minutes though. I think it is due to people complaining that the ones supplied were not wrapped and were left in cabinet from the previous guests and they felt it wasn't sanitary enough. Whatever!!!!!

The plates they provide are tiny anyway. We always buy a pack of larger plates or buy a couple real plates and recycle them when we leave.

We were just there. There are glass glasses and mugs. Need to use the microwave to heat water. There were NO plates or bowls. You must call housekeeping to get them and request how many you want also. They provided some plastic silverware but we took some from Mara to supplement. They only provide paper towels not napkins so bring some or have them delivered with your groceries. We were surprised there were no plates or bowls. They don't come individually wrapped just in a bag. Housekeeping brought them in less than 10 minutes though. I think it is due to people complaining that the ones supplied were not wrapped and were left in cabinet from the previous guests and they felt it wasn't sanitary enough. Whatever!!!!!

There should be plates and bowls in the studio. Someone goofed on that one. The new paper plates/bowls are covered in plastic, 4 in the plastic covering. So when you call tell them how many you need to cover you until the next cleaning or for length of stay.

There should be plates and bowls in the studio. Someone goofed on that one. The new paper plates/bowls are covered in plastic, 4 in the plastic covering. So when you call tell them how many you need to cover you until the next cleaning or for length of stay.
Then I had the same goof! 10/01-10/03 Kidani, we had glass drinking glasses and ceramic coffee mugs, but no plates of any kind, nor cutlery. We did have a new dish washing detergent, clear ecological type, rather than the green Palmolive. I didn't need paper products so I didn't call.

This past Sept, we had no plates or cutlery in the AKL value studio. The FD brought us up real plates and cutlery really quick after we called.

Then I had the same goof! 10/01-10/03 Kidani, we had glass drinking glasses and ceramic coffee mugs, but no plates of any kind, nor cutlery. We did have a new dish washing detergent, clear ecological type, rather than the green Palmolive. I didn't need paper products so I didn't call.

This problem needs to be reported to management. It is unacceptable service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter