Need Help!!

Merilyn

DIS Veteran
We are planning to buy more points to another DVC location. We own at OKW and would like to buy in another area. I need info about HH and VB. I have seen the info on them that Disney has, but I need some questions answered. Are the beach cottages at VB on the beach? The diagrams that we have look like they are. Can you see the ocean from them? Is there a better place to have a great ocean view? Is there lots to do in the area? I also need info about HH. We have stayed there so I know about the distance of the beach house from the actual villas. I didn't get much chance to do thing at HH, so I need to know what people think about the location. I have not been to VB. Any opinions about which location to buy. Any info is greatly appreciated.

The whole Vero resort is "on the beach" the problem is there is a protective dune that blocks ground level views. The beach cottages are right up against the dune and have all the living space on the second floor. From up there, you have a fabulous view. The oceanview Inn rooms also have a great view of the water and so do some, though not all, of the regular villa buildings. You have to be above the first floor to have any chance of an oceanview.

The Vero Beach area is not really "touristy" but rather a favorite winter getaway for many wealthy folks. There are things to do outside the resort but they tend to be more adult oriented. However, Disney provides all kinds of family activities right at the resort and also organizes offsite trips like kayaking, ranch visits, etc. that appeal to families as well.

Both resorts offer a great opportunity for relaxation.

At VB the Beach Cottages (GV's) have a great view of the ocean. A few of the resort rooms also have an ocean view. The GV's (B. Cottages) have a wonderful deck on the 2nd floor which overlooks the beach and ocean. There are 6 cottages.

HH has an extensive list of activities and many nice nearby dining options. Tommy Towery has a great <a href="http://www.members.tripod.com/~ttowery/">HH website</a> with lots of helpful information.

Enjoy!

We have been to both VB and HH. VB is nice and the view of the ocean from the beach cottage is great. I really found it to be a place to relax, but was not otherwise impressed. HH on the other hand was fabulous. It was a great place to relax, but there was also so much else to do. We fell in love with it and purchased an add on there.

I also own at OKW. My wife and I spent 6 days at Vero Beach in June. I found it quiet and relaxing. If you are not travelling with young children I suspect you would like it more in the spring and fall when the kids would be in school. The Kennedy Space Center is about 110 miles north, and there are a few treasure museums in the area. You can rent bikes at the resort. There is heavy vegetation and a sand dune between the resort and the ocean, but the ocean is only a 2 minute walk from the front of the resort.
The ocean can be seen from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors if you have accomodations facing the ocean. Best views are from the 3rd and 4th floors. There are 5 Grand Villas that command the best views in my opinion. The beach is long and you can walk for miles. The beach is best walked at low tide. The width varies depending on the tide, but it is not crowded and there is plenty of room if you want privacy. Beach umbrellas and chairs have to be rented. I think an umbrella and 2 chairs cost me about $20 per day. Vero Beach seems to me to be primarily a retirement community. I am 49 and this is the impression I get from guys I know that retired in the area. Route A1A near the resort is primarily a quiet residential area with very little of the the typical commercial business that crowd many beaches. On the other side of the intercoastal waterway Route 1 runs north and south. This area was considerably less affluent and had a lot of citrus farms etc. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter