Need applicance installation help ASAP please!!!!

Minnesota!

Shoeless in Minnesota
My hubby and I are new at this, and we bought a new dryer today. Well, the old tubing is plastic, so we went and bought the correct stuff. Got everything situated, but we do not know how to end it. The venting goes out of the roof. How do we connect the venting to the roof? The previous owner of our house connected it with nails and screws. No idea how to get this done.

If you could please give me an answer as soon as possible, it would be so appreciated. I have cried 3 times already today from frustration..

Thank you so much!

You need this metal ring which has a screw to tighten it around the hose with. sorry, don't know what it's called. If there isnt anything to put it around on the roof, then you need a sheet of aluminum in a tube shape to stick up the hole in the roof.

If you go to Home Depot or Lowes or Sears and tell them what you want, they can help you.

It will look similar to this:

A166669_2.JPG

without the white plastic part. Round sheet metal tube goes through your roof. You then clamp the hose on to the round part.

Venting it through the roof will cause any lint that flies out to land on your roof. You really should go with this:

A26110_2.JPG

You can vent the dryer inside and the lint is caught in the trap shown. It's $9.99 at home depot and saves you the trouble of venting through your roof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter