Need Advice Thinking About A Thanksgiving Trip

disney1971girl

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about arriving to Disney on Thanksgiving Day of this year. All touring plans I see are listing it as a 10 out of 10 busy day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We usually go to Disney in September but we cannot take the kids out of school anymore and want to go when it's a bit cooler so thought November is a great time to go. I am just wondering if it would be manageable crowd wise or will be be insane? Is Christmas break better? Or maybe around Veterans Day or Election Day? What are your suggestions?

Don't bother with "crowd calendars", they're pretty useless. Generally, Thanksgiving weekend is very busy, but it's nowhere near as crowded at Xmas.

Christmas to New Year's is the busiest week of the year, then I think Thanksgiving. Honestly, it is always busy. We are going Thanksgiving week knowing it will be super busy and with no expectations of getting everything done that we want to get done. I purposely picked Thanksgiving week to go as I need to be away doing something fun with my family as it is the one year anniversary of my father's passing. I too was worried about crowds but quickly realized there are a lot of wonderful reasons to go then as well. All the holiday decorations start to go up- the hotels look beautiful all decked out, it is comfortable temperature for walking, lower chance of rain, etc.

We are also considering a Thanksgiving trip but in 2019. I expect it to be crowded. We travel when our daughter is out of school so it's always crowded. I think they only time you may catch a break of lower crowds is when kids are in school. We've mostly done Spring Break time (and just this past year) and it was really crowded. We've also done Christmas week and that was just as bad.

Christmas to New Year's is the busiest week of the year, then I think Thanksgiving. Honestly, it is always busy. We are going Thanksgiving week knowing it will be super busy and with no expectations of getting everything done that we want to get done. I purposely picked Thanksgiving week to go as I need to be away doing something fun with my family as it is the one year anniversary of my father's passing. I too was worried about crowds but quickly realized there are a lot of wonderful reasons to go then as well. All the holiday decorations start to go up- the hotels look beautiful all decked out, it is comfortable temperature for walking, lower chance of rain, etc.

Disney is definitely a place to create some new wonderful memories. I really appreciate your outlook on things it does make me feel better about going on Thanksgiving!

We arrived the saturday BEFORE thanksgiving for two weeks, and we found that the week OF Thanksgiving was less busy than the week after

Wow, A two week trip - I wish I could go for that long! I went on my first solo trip last November (the week after Thanksgiving) for three days Tues, Wed, & Thursday. I LOVED it and did not think it was busy at all, but I was alone. Now looking at those crowd calendars showing 10's for the first three days that we would be there does scare me but the thought of cooler weather does make it more manageable in my eyes. Thanks for the input!

Wow, A two week trip - I wish I could go for that long! I went on my first solo trip last November (the week after Thanksgiving) for three days Tues, Wed, & Thursday. I LOVED it and did not think it was busy at all, but I was alone. Now looking at those crowd calendars showing 10's for the first three days that we would be there does scare me but the thought of cooler weather does make it more manageable in my eyes. Thanks for the input!

We had free dining, and with it being over the holiday we both didnt' have to use as much PTO/vacation pay -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter