Need advice on DTD/Hotel Activities

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
What are some fun things we can do in DTD and/or at the Grand Californian during the xmas week? I know in WDW Disney Springs there is a Stitch Scavenger Hunt. My kids love hunts. Is there anything like this either in DTD or Grand Californian? Kids also love Hidden Mickeys - is that a thing too in DLR? Are there certain decorations that can't be missed. So excited to see DLR at xmas! Will the crowds be crazy in DTD during the day on 12/26?

Thanks!

I also think there is a hidden Mickey usually added to the Gingerbread house that is in the Haunted Mansion when they switch it over to Nightmare before Christmas theme. (Just wanted to add that) lol

A free walking tour of hotel is offered several times a week. It takes about an hour.

the gingerbread house in the GCH lobby has a bunch of hidden mickeys - I think there's an official number of mickeys so you can try to find them all.

A free walking tour of hotel is offered several times a week. It takes about an hour.
The "Art of the Craft Tour" of GCH is offered Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday at 1:00PM
Recommended for Guests ages 12 and over.

I've taken this tour several times, and always learn something new.
While DLR is certainly intended for kids, this tour should be restricted to 12 and over (rather than recommended). Young kids will be very bored, and created a distraction for other guests.
(sorry for the rant)

Family Activities brochure from earlier this month:
Doc - Dec 14 2018 - 4-59 PM.jpg

Doc - Dec 14 2018 - 5-02 PM.jpg

the gingerbread house in the GCH lobby has a bunch of hidden mickeys - I think there's an official number of mickeys so you can try to find them all.
My son is going to love this. Apparently there are 25 hidden mickeys. Now I need a cheat sheet or we will be there all day!!!! I saw three of them pointed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter