need accoomadations for large party on property

We have 19 people in two side-by-side 3 bedroom Grand Villas at Old Key West... but I’m a DVC OKW member and booked as early as I could to guarantee that setup. Price on cash would’ve been crazy if it were even available.

If you like each other enough to share a 2 or 3 BR villa, the extra space, full kitchen, and washer & dryer are amazing. You could rent points through any if many DVC rental agents.

If each group needs solitude and a place to escape, kitchens and washing machines & dryers don’t matter, Pop Century or Port Orleans French Quarter might be nice. Both have queen beds. POFQ is more expensive, but the rooms are a little larger and the resort is more compact.

Well with no budget in mention, I say CL at the Grand.

But the pool area at the Yacht/Beach Club is awesome.

A one or two bedroom villa and some studios. The large villa would give everyone a place to gather and hang out, but also go their own ways at night.

A cabin at CCV would be the perfect gathering place. (not to mention the hot tub)

I'd just book several rooms by family unit at a resort that meets budget - Value, Mod, Deluxe. I wouldn't mess around with DVC rental with a multi-family group unless you are really confident about everyone.

Also, if there's a possible proposal, they need some personal space. A GV or similar puts them in a fishbowl for the whole stay.

2 BR lockoff like at SSR. That way if there is a proposal etc the couple could stay in the studio part of the unit and lock it off with the door if/when privacy is needed.

6 adults& 2 kids
possible proposal

Haha I wouldn't exactly call 8 people THAT large of a party.
A lot is going to depend on your budget and if everyone in the party is together or if you have a couple of couples etc.
If money is an object then I'd recommend a few rooms at a value resort.
If money is no object and you all want to stay together then I'd probably say a 2 bedroom villa (dedicated).
If money is no object but you're not wanting to be all together then I'd say either a 2 bedroom villa (lock off) or a few rooms at a moderate or deluxe.

three TPV rooms, Royal Palm Club Grand Floridian. Budget: no limit. Luxury and looking at the magic from my balcony.

three bedroom villa at any deluxe. Budget: no worries. We want space to spread out. Nice to have the convenience of our own kitchen and laundry.

three bedrooms All Star Sports. Budget: Whoa! who knew WDW was so expensive? plus, we just want to spend our time in the theme parks from morning to night

More details will help people give better advice perhaps more suited to your circumstances. You need to decide on some things like budget, parks you want to focus upon, what you want in a resort, etc.

While deciding:

Take a look at Touring plans website, do a google search on WDW hotels and look at some pics. Also, check out Mousesavers for some rates.

Have fun choosing!

We have done 3 large parties in the past - one for 7 people - all adults with 4 rooms at POR - all rooms were in the same block on the same floor but not right next to each other. Next trip, 7 adults, 2 toddlers at the Poly. All rooms in the same building and next to each other. The last was 7 adults, 2 children and a toddler at POR, all in the same block and next to each other.

The kids loved the pool at POR - it's rather large and the adults liked how the pool bar was set up - close enough to see the kids and whichever adult was in the pool with them. The food court was convenient and the food was good. It could get crowded during peak hours but we always found a place to sit inside ( there is also some seating outside ).

LOL! 8 people or so is our normal crew!

Before anyone can really help you need to provide a tad more information. You see the ideas are all over the place right now becuase folks have no idea what your boundaries are.

We booked a 2 bedroom villa at OKW last trip and it worked well for 7 people, however it might not for your party. We have no idea the comfort level the adults have sharing space.

Personally, I think that if your group has not traveled together before, and if you have not shared space before, I would not start in Disney. Not in rooms, not in family suites, not in the Cabins, and not in villas.

I would start with a budget that includes lodging and food for each family so that you know what level of stay you all can be comfortable with and book three rooms at that level of resort.

I would fiddle around on the website so you know what the general cost will be, and in order to have an idea, I would include the dining plan in for budget considerations. You do not need to book a plan, but if you include it in the cost, you know the budget you are presenting to your family will have food included.

From there you can work your numbers. Go up or go down, including dining or not, at least your proposed budget gives everyone an idea what food can cost.

If one accommodation is necessary, then I say a Grand villa. Each set of adults will have their own bedroom

If one accommodation is necessary, then I say a Grand villa. Each set of adults will have their own bedroom
But, unless you make your reservation through a DVC member ("rent points"), it might be hard to rent a Grand Villa for cash through Disney Reservation Center.

If you do decide to go the DVC route, do not respond to any private messages you get from someone offering you points to rent. That is a great way to get scammed. Either use a broker like David (sponsor of the DIS) or through the DVC Rent/Trade Board on the DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter