need a good book on the ins and outs of digital photography

tomerin

DIS Veteran
i just purchased a new digital camera. it is the slr type with more settings available then i know anything about. arpeture setting etec. i had a point and shoot aomera that i used on many trips to WDW and too many great shots with that one but i am looking to taking better ones now.

need a book or possible a web site that explains in simple terms about settings for indoor pictures, outside, low light etec. . i tried reading the manual that came with the camera but i honestly could not undersatnd what they were talking about. i know how to change the settings but the manual really didnt explain when the setttings should be changed.

i have always recieved great advice here in the past so hopefully someone can help me out. thanks

well, first of all, an SLR won't automatically get you better pictures. That is something you have to learn to do. The photographer takes the pictures, not the camera. The best way to learn about your camera is to use it on all the different settings and find out which one works for what. On the manufacturers website, there may be tutorials for you.

What camera did you get? maybe some of us this board know what options you have and can explain it.

http://books.google.com/books?q=Photography+Techniques&btnG=Search+Books&hl=en

There are many many MANY books/guides for better picture taking. There are also classes you can take.

I would recommend going to the book store (Borders, Barnes and Noble) and look at the books first hand. Two books can provide almost the same information but the writing can be entirely different. If you don't like the way the author presents the information, you probably won't read the book or get as much out of it.

Also, www.amazon.com has previews of a lot of the books they have to give you a taste of the authors writing style.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...keywords=Photography+Techniques&Go.x=6&Go.y=2

I highly recommend Understanding Exposure! If you do excercises to correlate w/each chapter, you should end up w/a very good base of understanding of the different settings and their capabilites.

Have fun!

read and understand your owners manual first,, then just go to a bookstore and look at their stock,, there are many books out there that give you the basic info,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter