Nearly 1/3

poptart90

DIS Veteran
Saw the post on the CFO comment. Thought I'd see if anyone caught Chapek's admission that NEARLY 1/3 of Genie users in WDW are purchasing Genie+...which means OVER 2/3's aren't dude. What a ringing endorsement!🤣

He also said they are looking to add Genie to Disneyland "very soon." Even if it's not great, I hope they do. I honestly expected an announcement of the start date before now. The waiting is getting annoying!!

Saw the post on the CFO comment. Thought I'd see if anyone caught Chapek's admission that NEARLY 1/3 of Genie users in WDW are purchasing Genie+...which means OVER 2/3's aren't dude. What a ringing endorsement!🤣

He also said they are looking to add Genie to Disneyland "very soon." Even if it's not great, I hope they do. I honestly expected an announcement of the start date before now. The waiting is getting annoying!!

yes, Yes, and YES!!!

I will fully admit I am impatient, but this is nuts. I really am at a loss. We are supposed to be going over Thanksgiving -- plane tickets and hotel booked! I really want to go, but not having G+ makes me wonder if I should put it off until later. Waiting an hour to ride anything is not enjoyable to my family. I can take the busy crowds if I can at least ride our favorites once (rant for another day about re-rides) a day. What are they doing? Give us any clue as to when so I can plan accordingly. So frustrating!!

I know the official calendar says fall ends December 21. But come on, when you say fall most people think Sept-Nov. Drop Genie, Genie+, ILL$ on the west coast already. You know you want our money, for crying out loud let us give it to you!! (and hey CFO, you'll be happy to report our waistlines won't expand in the process :rotfl:)

yes, Yes, and YES!!!

I will fully admit I am impatient, but this is nuts. I really am at a loss. We are supposed to be going over Thanksgiving -- plane tickets and hotel booked! I really want to go, but not having G+ makes me wonder if I should put it off until later. Waiting an hour to ride anything is not enjoyable to my family. I can take the busy crowds if I can at least ride our favorites once (rant for another day about re-rides) a day. What are they doing? Give us any clue as to when so I can plan accordingly. So frustrating!!

OMG...literally our exact vacay plans too! Right before Thanksgiving through the next week. Plane, Hotel, and Tickets booked, cause OF COURSE they would have launched Genie by now!!

I've been stressing so much about this I started a thread in the Disneyland Parks board on "OTHER" things to do but ride the uh, rides....🙄 Cause that's why we're really coming. Yeah.

We are not locals but were annual pass holders for years and used to KILL IT with MP. No joke, my son rode the Incredicoaster 24 times one summer trip (granted we could utilize rider switch) but come on! One flippin' time now? Ok...

fine, Fine, FINE!!

Just DO IT ALREADY! I have $60 (or whatever) for RotR, Paycheck!! Let's GO!

I can't shake the feeling that I'm desperately trying to lure the dog with the "perfect vacay" keys to my cell, a fist full of money at a time.

yes, Yes, and YES!!!

I will fully admit I am impatient, but this is nuts. I really am at a loss. We are supposed to be going over Thanksgiving -- plane tickets and hotel booked! I really want to go, but not having G+ makes me wonder if I should put it off until later.

Just saw your post from Fresh Baked. Beyond sad. Was hoping for a surprise quick rollout next week. Ugh. This is terrible. My little DD has been dying through the pandemic to go to DLR. So if you cancel (which I completely get!) I'll give you an honest review when we get back.

My inner Joy keeps telling me this is because Genie flopped so badly they "might" consider a different option for the savvy MP users of DLR...??

Yeah, I know. Just me singing in my wagon to the moon, but I'll take it!! 🍬🍬🍬🍬

Just saw your post from Fresh Baked. Beyond sad. Was hoping for a surprise quick rollout next week. Ugh. This is terrible. My little DD has been dying through the pandemic to go to DLR. So if you cancel (which I completely get!) I'll give you an honest review when we get back.

My inner Joy keeps telling me this is because Genie flopped so badly they "might" consider a different option for the savvy MP users of DLR...??

We have until the 18th to cancel, so I have a few more days for my family to decide. DD still wants to go (no shocker), DH couldn't believe it when I told him G+ it isn't going to roll out on time. His immediate reaction was to cancel, mine was too. But after reading your post on Other Things To Do, I will have to have a family meeting and see if it we want to try a different approach. I just don't know. Hard to plunk down all that money if your plans just got derailed.

FWIW, we did G+ a few weeks back (had 2 days left on military ticket at WDW that was going to expire in December.) No, it is not anywhere near as good or as easy as MaxPass. I wasn't a huge fan, but it did get us out of long lines for rides at least once. I figured we would make it work over this crazy busy time with G+ and single rider.

In all honesty, Disney just keeps frustrating me at every turn. Maybe it is time we start seeing other people. ;)

Well, DD’s big blue puppy dog eyes won over Dh. (He’s such a sap!) 🤣 But we learned today she worked her tail off in algebra and is getting all A’s this trimester so it’s a huge reward! (Math doesn’t come easy to her.) We are toughing it out with no G+. I mentioned lots of attractions that are on your other posting. Some received major eye rolls, but I think this will be a great alternative to slow down and not be ride commandos. (Although I will really miss GOTG multiple times a day. Maybe we will get lucky, 🤞🏻.)

Enjoy your vacation!!! Not necessary but if you can, I’d love updates and maybe any cool tricks you picked up along the way. But no pressure, enjoy your family. 😊

We can do this! I wish you the HAPPIEST vacation ever. (And magical too 😉)

Well, DD’s big blue puppy dog eyes won over Dh. (He’s such a sap!) 🤣 But we learned today she worked her tail off in algebra and is getting all A’s this trimester so it’s a huge reward! (Math doesn’t come easy to her.) We are toughing it out with no G+. I mentioned lots of attractions that are on your other posting. Some received major eye rolls, but I think this will be a great alternative to slow down and not be ride commandos. (Although I will really miss GOTG multiple times a day. Maybe we will get lucky, 🤞🏻.)

Enjoy your vacation!!! Not necessary but if you can, I’d love updates and maybe any cool tricks you picked up along the way. But no pressure, enjoy your family. 😊

We can do this! I wish you the HAPPIEST vacation ever. (And magical too 😉)

Oh YAY for your DD!! Ugh, I hated Math. Didn't come easy to me either! What a great reward! 😍

Yes, DH and I had a big talk yesterday about our expectations this time and how we are going to try and abandon everything and just go with the flow for this trip. I've started checking the ride times several times a day (trying to get a feel for how things are trending) and I noticed something interesting yesterday. Rope drop was nuts - times exploding all over. Then at 3:30pm, everything (and I mean everything) in DL was lower than it had been all morning. Space, which I love, had been an hour and was then only 30min. I could do a 30 minute wait, but NOT an hour. I guess I could, but I won't, you know? And PP was 20 mins! In fact everything in DL was between 15-35mins. That's a bit more doable for multi-riding.

So we might change up how we do things this time and sleep in, letting the nutty rope drop do its thing and then going when those peeps are exhausted and ready to take the kids in for a rest or hit the pool. Or go to the other park, if park hopping. Something I'm going to watch. I'll keep you posted!

Oh, and I'm also checking the weather. Accuweather is predicting "a little rain" Thanksgiving night. Which if that happens, should clear the parks immediately! The most amazing holiday trip we had was when it rained for the whole week - the parks were empty! We're from Oregon. We can do everything in a "little" rain...LOL🤣 Anyway, something else to watch!

Same to you! Have a great trip! We leave on the 23rd! I'll keep you posted and do the same if you can!☺ Safe travels!

Oh YAY for your DD!! Ugh, I hated Math. Didn't come easy to me either! What a great reward! 😍

Yes, DH and I had a big talk yesterday about our expectations this time and how we are going to try and abandon everything and just go with the flow for this trip. I've started checking the ride times several times a day (trying to get a feel for how things are trending) and I noticed something interesting yesterday. Rope drop was nuts - times exploding all over. Then at 3:30pm, everything (and I mean everything) in DL was lower than it had been all morning. Space, which I love, had been an hour and was then only 30min. I could do a 30 minute wait, but NOT an hour. I guess I could, but I won't, you know? And PP was 20 mins! In fact everything in DL was between 15-35mins. That's a bit more doable for multi-riding.

So we might change up how we do things this time and sleep in, letting the nutty rope drop do its thing and then going when those peeps are exhausted and ready to take the kids in for a rest or hit the pool. Or go to the other park, if park hopping. Something I'm going to watch. I'll keep you posted!

Oh, and I'm also checking the weather. Accuweather is predicting "a little rain" Thanksgiving night. Which if that happens, should clear the parks immediately! The most amazing holiday trip we had was when it rained for the whole week - the parks were empty! We're from Oregon. We can do everything in a "little" rain...LOL🤣 Anyway, something else to watch!

Same to you! Have a great trip! We leave on the 23rd! I'll keep you posted and do the same if you can!☺ Safe travels!

We arrive on the 23rd!! :p

We were there Thanksgiving 2019 and it rained and rained and rained. Crowds were almost non existent at some points. It was so wet. We had shoe covers and everything and still my DD wound up with wet socks.

I am with you, will never do a 60 minute wait. I did it years ago, done my time. ;) FP ruined me. Can't do it. It would have to be GOTG for me to wait longer than 25 minutes.

Since we are on east coast time, getting up for rope drop is not hard for us. The late nights are our killer. If the parks are insane I imagine we will do the midday break after lunch. My teenager is a nap lover right now so it could work. :confused3 This will be a new adventure for us for sure!

I am hoping both our families will be pleasantly surprised.

i don’t think that’s bad for the first month. A lot of people may not have heard of it and included it in their planning. Plus locals may not buy it. We probably will not buy it for Epcot or AK, not many rides. Maybe DHS, MK more likely.

yes, Yes, and YES!!!

I know the official calendar says fall ends December 21. But come on, when you say fall most people think Sept-Nov. Drop Genie, Genie+, ILL$ on the west coast already. You know you want our money, for crying out loud let us give it to you!! (and hey CFO, you'll be happy to report our waistlines won't expand in the process :rotfl:)
We are going during Thanksgiving as well and I have been looking every minute for a post that it is ready. Like you, I want to pay for it rather than the crazy lines! I have been telling my family that we need to bring a lot of patience since it looks like it won’t be. ☹️

Our family has been MP advocates since it rolled out at $10 add-ons, and prior to the closure it was the best $20 pp you can spend at Disneyland. Since the parks have re-opened, we've discovered that in certain ways SRL is better than MP. I don't know why we never used them before - they're FREE! It was a very crowded Saturday when we visited in early October, we managed to bypass 60+ minute lines by utilizing SRL whenever we could. We probably didn't wait more than 30 minutes (Space Mountain) and was more like 10-15 minutes. The drawbacks of course is you don't get to ride together, not all rides have SR and if you're unlucky you could end up waiting longer than Standby (looking at you IC!). It was totally worth those "risks" for us to ride several of our favorite attractions without them eating up hours of our day. Besides using SRL, we also rode attractions that we've brushed off in the past, like Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - the instructors are as pun-tastic as JC skippers, and RRCS - I've forgotten how creative the standby queue is! We turned a potentially frustrating day at DL into a fun one, learning about not-so-new but new to us ways to explore the Happiest Place on Earth!

We've gone a couple more times since then and the wait times posted on the app aren't as long as reported. If Genie+ isn't rolled out by the time of your visit, my advice is whatever line you choose to stand in it's still time together with your loved ones, so enjoy those moments with them!

Besides using SRL, we also rode attractions that we've brushed off in the past, like Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - the instructors are as pun-tastic as JC skippers, and RRCS - I've forgotten how creative the standby queue is! We turned a potentially frustrating day at DL into a fun one, learning about not-so-new but new to us ways to explore the Happiest Place on Earth!

We've never done this! It's on our list this time and I'm really excited to try it! I think DS and DD are going to love it. Glad to hear it was fun!

We've never done this! It's on our list this time and I'm really excited to try it! I think DS and DD are going to love it. Glad to hear it was fun!

We did it on our last visit and it was a blast! Something we said we would definitely do again. Our guide was great!! Better than JC skippers if you ask me! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter