Nature inspired mixed-use resort (hotel & DVC) announced for Bay Lake!

erionm

DIS Veteran
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-mixed-use-resort-on-bay-lake-300733846.html

A new nature-inspired, mixed-use Disney resort will welcome families in 2022 along the picturesque shoreline of Bay Lake. Located between Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, this resort project joins three others underway at Walt Disney World Resort, bringing a total of more than 1,700 new hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas online over the next four years.

The deluxe resort, which will be themed to complement its natural surroundings, will include more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas spread across a variety of unique accommodation types.

Walt_Disney_World_New_Nature_Resort.jpg

Last edited:

I like that it isn't just a FW/WL clone like the 2011 design was though I hope it still has the nice pool complex. Curious to see how it pans out; it does have a very California-inspired modern design from this 1 picture/angle. At 900 units, it is smaller than we all originally thought too. Some estimates were for 1,340 hotel room bays and 300 DVC "equivalency units" which will use up to 940 of the rooms.

Can't even imagine what the price per point will be come that time around! Yikes!
But the hotel looks okay.

At 900 units, it is smaller than we all originally thought too. Some estimates were for 1,340 hotel room bays and 300 DVC "equivalency units" which will use up to 940 of the rooms.
It's 900 hotel rooms PLUS an unspecified number of DVC Villas.

It's 900 hotel rooms PLUS an unspecified number of DVC Villas.

The press release is a bit ambiguous about whether or not the villas are included in the 900, but I believe they are.

The quote from Kalogridis states: "...the combined 1,700 new hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas we are building..."

Figures later cited in the press release include the 900 here, 545 at Coronado Springs and 300 at Riviera (total 1745.) If the DVC villas were not part of the 900, it would push the count well above 1700 hotel rooms and villas. Besides, the design must be finalized at this stage. There's little reason for Disney to be cagey about it.

I like that it isn't just a FW/WL clone like the 2011 design was though I hope it still has the nice pool complex. Curious to see how it pans out; it does have a very California-inspired modern design from this 1 picture/angle. At 900 units, it is smaller than we all originally thought too. Some estimates were for 1,340 hotel room bays and 300 DVC "equivalency units" which will use up to 940 of the rooms.
I thought at first glance it looked a bit like WL, DGC hotel and AKL, so maybe the same architect.

How do you know all this stuff! You are amazing.

Google was a help in getting the specifics correct! I did know his name to look it up and knew it had been almost a decade since he died unexpectedly of a heart attack and that he was "youngish" although I was thinking it was early 60's. Just have long been a fan of of WL, AKL and GC architecture - my 3 favorite Disney hotel designs. :) They are the only locations I know who the designer was however.

My brain seems to have space allocated to hold a fair amount of Disney trivia. Maybe other non-Disney trivia too. Don't ask me what I had for lunch 2 days ago though. :rotfl: Since I ate today's lunch late and it was only an hour or so ago I still happen to know what that was. :cool2:

I wonder if it will try to be more "green" and environmentally friendly / raise environmental awareness. One can hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter