Narcoossee's

sammieJ

Earning My Ears
We ended up here for our one dinner out while the kids stayed in the hotel with grandma, and I must say that overall I was disappointed. We did have the last available reservation, and the waitress was very nice, but the food was a bit too salty (and no, not the sea salt on the butter) and just not spectacular.

I had the filet, and asked for it medium - medium rare, and it was more like medium well. It came to the table just barely lukewarm, and while it was a nice cut of meat, the temperature and degree of doneness really took away from that. The scalloped potatoes, which is what sold me on the filet, were sooo salty that I didn't want to finish them. And I am not the kind of person, like my husband, who has an antenna for salty food and complains about it all the time. My husband had the pepper risotto, which was pretty good, but also a bit salty. He did have the pumpkin soup, which I thought was great. Not hot when served, but warm enough, and creamy and delicious.

Luckily we got a great bottle of wine, and just enjoyed the time out. Unfortunately, we were full, and did not sample what looked like great desserts.

We went to the California Grill two years ago and were pleasantly surprised, so maybe we were expecting too much. We live in a city where there are plenty of good restaurants, and if most of disney's nicer restaurants are like what we had at narcoosees, I'd rather just get a sitter at home, and go to a place that I know is good, and pick up something cheaper next time we go to disney, or even cook in the condo.

sammieJ said:
We ended up here for our one dinner out while the kids stayed in the hotel with grandma, and I must say that overall I was disappointed. We did have the last available reservation, and the waitress was very nice, but the food was a bit too salty (and no, not the sea salt on the butter) and just not spectacular.

I had the filet, and asked for it medium - medium rare, and it was more like medium well. It came to the table just barely lukewarm, and while it was a nice cut of meat, the temperature and degree of doneness really took away from that. The scalloped potatoes, which is what sold me on the filet, were sooo salty that I didn't want to finish them. And I am not the kind of person, like my husband, who has an antenna for salty food and complains about it all the time. My husband had the pepper risotto, which was pretty good, but also a bit salty. He did have the pumpkin soup, which I thought was great. Not hot when served, but warm enough, and creamy and delicious.

Luckily we got a great bottle of wine, and just enjoyed the time out. Unfortunately, we were full, and did not sample what looked like great desserts.

We went to the California Grill two years ago and were pleasantly surprised, so maybe we were expecting too much. We live in a city where there are plenty of good restaurants, and if most of disney's nicer restaurants are like what we had at narcoosees, I'd rather just get a sitter at home, and go to a place that I know is good, and pick up something cheaper next time we go to disney, or even cook in the condo.

We went to Narcoosee's about three years ago, and found it really mediocre. We've never gone back. Thanks for reminding us why!

I agree. We went there once. I was expecting it to be really nice-it reminded me of our Red Lobster. Nothing special. Wouldn't bother going there again-too many better restaurants in WDW.

We ate at Narcoossee's on 11/22 and it was TO DIE FOR! We eat out a lot and have eaten at a lot of really nice restaurants, all over the US and some of Canada.

We all (myself, my husband, my 15 year old son, 14 year old son and 10 year old son) had the surf and turf. It was wonderful. The 15 and 14 year old had shrimp cocktail, the youngest had fish chowder and my husband and myself had crab cakes for appetizers. Personally, I would not get the crab cakes again, I like mine fried!

The potatoes were not too salty, I thought they were tasteless and not worth the calories when you have a HUGE tail and big, beautiful filet on your your plate.

Deserts were beautiful and delicious (the cheesecake). My only complaint after eating on the dining plan and having dessert choices everywhere, they are serving too many chocolate cakes (all the same taste, blah) and not alot of other choices like you would get at other restaurants.

This is definitely the first restaurant we will be making reservations for next November!

We had Thanksgiving dinner here. No one ate turkey though. The four of us loved it and thought that the service was great. Worth 2 credits and would definitely eat here again.

PS we liked the potatoes and I would love to find a recipe for them.

Mary

Thanks for the review. DH and I were also disappointed with Narcoossee's. I agree-too many other yummy WDW restaurants to try there again. :)

We had dinner there Friday (on the DDP) and it was wonderful.

We have eaten in Narcoossee's several times over the years. It is an upscale restaurant with a very nice menu, yet it has a very casual air about the place. A signature restaurant that doesn't leave you feeling like you have to keep telling the kids to be quiet. The atmosphere on the water at the GF with a view of Cindarella castle completes the picture. Quite a step above our local Red Lobster. Casual but elegant.

As for our food, I had the seafood chowder and my wife had the chilled shrimp with the cucumber avacado salsa for an appetizer. The soup was great, and the salsa on the chilled shrimp had a wonderful flavor.

Entree for both of us was the Surf and Turf. A very good cut of filet, cooked perfectly medium rare. The butter poached lobster tail was excellent. I never eat my potatoes, but I did here. True, the top of the stack of scalloped potatoes was so so, but the bottom of the stack, where the cheese and potatoes were melted together.......that was good. Yeah, maybe a little salty, but a great flavor.

I had the cheesecake for desert, while my wife had the hazelnut chocolate ganache cake. Both were excellent. A large steaming cup of cafe mocha rounded out the meal.

We had a late reservation (8:25) and were seated just before 9:00. The Electrical Water pageant promptly began, followed by an incredible view (with music and all) of Holiday wishes over the MK. We were the second to last tabel to leave, right around 10:30.

A great meal, and the fact that our 3 and 5 year olds slept soundly through it all in the double stroller right next to our table made it all the more wonderful. Don't worry, we fed the kids before we got there ;).

In my consulting travels I have eaten out quite a bit, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Narcoossee's, although the menu isn't cheap. Our meal for two on the DDP would have been $187.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter