• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name change allowed?

fitnessmouse

DIS Veteran
If I book a cruise for persons A, B, C and D, can we change person D to person E and is there a cost involved?

Before the final payment date, you can definitely make changes (unless you have a nonrefundable or concierge booking). I am not sure whether a name change would be considered a cancellation and new booking -- if so, the new person would pay the current room rate, not the rate from the initial booking, so there may be a slight increase.

If I book a cruise for persons A, B, C and D, can we change person D to person E and is there a cost involved?
No. I had to do that a few years ago — friend got a new job and couldn't go on the trip anymore, so a different friend joined me instead and I was able to just change the name on the reservation no problem. That was a couple months before the cruise, so I'm not sure if it's that easy/free closer to embarkation.

Before the final payment date, you can definitely make changes (unless you have a nonrefundable or concierge booking). I am not sure whether a name change would be considered a cancellation and new booking -- if so, the new person would pay the current room rate, not the rate from the initial booking, so there may be a slight increase.

No. I had to do that a few years ago
There was a change recently. Since name (person) changes are considered a cancellation (for original person) and booking (for new person) the new person will pay the prevailing cost now.

We just went through this with our TA. You can change the name of a cruise passenger up to 1 week prior to sailing. After 45 days prior there is a $50 fee.
That's good to know. Thanks.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter