My Wonderful Stay at Cabana Bay

to me, the whole point of a lazy river is to get pulled along by the current while doing zero work

I am VERY buoyant. No effort involved. :rotfl2:

(Plus, I dislike keeping track of my belongings poolside. I have my room key in a waterproof clipped to my swimsuit, leave my flip-flops and coverup on a chair, and wander to my hearts content.)

I know what you mean. I ciould float on my back forever ;).

I was thinkig of buying noodles at the shop if they have them and bring them with us over to Caribbean Beach later. but hubby thinks we'll have enough stuff to lug in the taxi.

I spoke with the hotel tonight. the store was closed so she couldn't ask about the noodles, but they do have tubes for sale at the store and by the lazy river. price varies depending on size. and they do deflate to fit in your room and they do have the capability to inflate them at the pool shack.

This may have been asked, but if you have a Freestyle cup, you can use it here and the parks at the Freestyle machines? Is Cabana the only resort with the machines?

You can buy a refill mug that can be used at the resort. They are the same as the disney resort ones but no handle. The length of stay one is $17.99. If you only need a day or two it is cheaper. Use in freestyle machines at resort, iccees, normal soda machines at pool bars and coffee.

Totally separate to the freestyle mug in the parks.

If you only need a day or two it is cheaper
I'm not parsing this. Do you mean that if you're only going to be there one or two days, you're probably better off paying by the drink instead of getting the length of stay mug? What's the cost of a single soft drink the same size as the mug?

I'm not parsing this. Do you mean that if you're only going to be there one or two days, you're probably better off paying by the drink instead of getting the length of stay mug? What's the cost of a single soft drink the same size as the mug?

$8.99 for one day, $11.99 for two days.

I think a large soda is $3.29

IMG-20141102-WA0028.jpg

Yes meant if you only buy a resort refill mug for 1 day or 2 days it is cheaper. I know the $17.99 length of stay price off the top of my head as we stayed for 7 nights and got this (and will do for our 10 night stay next month).

IMG-20141102-WA0028.jpg

Yes meant if you only buy a resort refill mug for 1 day or 2 days it is cheaper. I know the $17.99 length of stay price off the top of my head as we stayed for 7 nights and got this (and will do for our 10 night stay next month).

They've added handles to the mugs. We were there in late August and they had the same body as the picture above but with choice of dark blue, black or dark green handles/tops. (No red anymore, unfortunately!) We stayed 5 nights in a deluxe room at HRH followed by one night at CBBR in a family suite and my kids asked "why didn't we stay here the whole time?" We all loved it, I just wish you could add express pass for a reasonable fee and still stay there.

They've added handles to the mugs. We were there in late August and they had the same body as the picture above but with choice of dark blue, black or dark green handles/tops. (No red anymore, unfortunately!) We stayed 5 nights in a deluxe room at HRH followed by one night at CBBR in a family suite and my kids asked "why didn't we stay here the whole time?" We all loved it, I just wish you could add express pass for a reasonable fee and still stay there.

You actually can add express very reasonably if you bundle express with your ticket. It is much cheaper than buying it separately.

This has become such a popular resort that they are now in the process of building two more towers at the resort. Couldn't agree more with your review. We have stayed there twice and just loved it. The first time I expected a Disney value type hotel and boy was a wrong. So much better of a room for the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter