• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Roommate thinks I'm crazy:(

DisHornFan

Mouseketeer
First let me say that my roommate and I are best friends and we have known each other for 5 years, and she knows I'm obsessed with Disney. Now for the situation: Her sister is in the band (our old high school band) and they are performing in WDW this week (her mom also went along as a chaperone). They arrived yesterday afternoon and went to DTD. They are doing a park a day. I am trying to be a good friend and impart my extensive disney knowledge on them so that they do not make mistakes and end up hating The World. I only wanted to tell them a few helpful hints, but once you get started...its hard not to tell them everything you know. I am holding back, believe me, especially since they will only be there four days, but she just keeps looking at me like I'm nuts :sad2: . I feel so alone! Has anyone else had experiences like this (trying to explain the Magic to a non-believer?). :confused3 And also, should I stop trying?? I really want to convert her family so they will want to go with us lol. Help~!

I understand about being furstrated with wanting to give advice. I've been planning a trip for more than a year now, and my next trip isn't until April 06 (I was planning a trip that never happened, and my brother will be marching with his HS band then). I've done more research, poured through more web pages, and tracked down every obscure piece of information that I could for a while now. Yet, no one seems to want to take advantage of my fountain of information!!! I can all but qutoe up to the mintue ticket and airfare prices! If I don't know it, I'm sure I can find the information inside of 10 from at least 6 different sources. It can be rather furstrating. :sad2: Best I can tell you is to try and play it by ear to see how much your roomies family can/is willing to take.

That's the story of my life. My friend asked me for some tips for their 3 day honeymoon over the 4th of July!! What kind of Disney vet lets someone take their honeymoon during the busiest day at the World!! Once i got started I couldn't stop and wrote her an email that took 1.5 hours to compose with all my tips and tricks. That's what the DIS is for... all of us crazies. ;)

It's so true! I'm planning a senior year trip with my three best friends here at school, two of which have never been and the other had only been for cheerleading competitions and has never been to Epcot or AK so I get talking to them about the trip and we end up at the dining center for two extra hours - it's nutty but at least I'm talking to an appreciative audience. I love the looks I get when I start "lecturing" on WDW - people truly don't get it including my best friend at home who still thinks I'm certifiably nuts when it come to Disney...

That is the story of my life. My sister makes fun of me everyday b/c i am on this website or on other Disney sites. I could go on and on about all the things I know and they(anyone who asks abt. WDW) just want to know a simple answer to a question. What's sad is that I would rather spend my time doing anything related to Disney than to do my schoolwork. :worried:
DO NOT feel bad about what you are experiencing b/c almost everyone on this site has experienced this in some way.

I know what you mean. My cousin is going to WDW on May, and I have tried to help her. But I just gave up. She just doesn't believe in me.

I think, if people were born with disney, like went with the families when they were younger, they have a better appreciation for it, therefor.....they dont think they're crazy.

But to people on the other side of the tracks...they look like a complete nutball.

Trust me, Ive been trying to convince my BF to go to Disney next spring break (I've gone roughly 12 times in my young life (im 19)) and we've been together for a while, and he's gone once, (on our high school senior trip) but he said its not for him. Apperantly he sat by the pool the whole time(Twas a while before we were dating-just friends)

Just be understanding towards them. Your knowledge is quite valuable to you, but since theyve never really been and dont know what to expect, they dont know how great the info your trying to give them really is until you get there.

Good luck! :)

My condomate and I pass out half in the hot tub half on the gravity chair on a regular basis...i think both of us are crazy but it is mutual, accepted, and a sweet time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter