• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My reviews, 8 nights on the DDP!

Schucraig

Disney World is my World!
O. K. here I go! I am sure these are not going to be as good as the ones I read but I am going to give it a try!
Day 1
We arrived on Sunday and checked in to CSR. We were starving so we went over to PM. It was a great way to start our vacation! I got the chicken quesadilla and it was so good! It came with beans and rice and there were tomatoes, lettuce, and guacamole on the side. My husband got the steak special of the day and enjoyed that as well! One of my boys got the pasta and the other got the chicken. The one thing I didn't realize is the kids meal comes with chips and a cookie, I forgot to get the kids the dessert the first day! They get a dessert because the cookie is part of the meal! Everything was great we all had a great meal, two thumbs up! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Dinner at Chef Mickey's
We had ADR's for 5:30PM at Chef Mickey's. We had great transportaion and got there early. We shopped around and then decided to have a drink at the Outer Rim. What a nice spot! We sat right near the window and my kids loved watching the Monorail. After, we headed over to Chef Mickey's. We were seated right away. The Characters all made it around once but that was it. It was a great way to start the vacation and get my 3 year old warmed up! The salad bar was the best thing about the buffet. My kids enjoyed the food and loved the make your own sundae! My husband and I thought the food was good. :thumbsup2

Up Next: Sunshine seasons and Le Cellier

Looking forward to reading more.... I like the outer rim bar too!

Day 2
We had breakfast in the room. We did this every morning, it worked out well and gave us an early start. The in room coffee was not very good but, if I got the craving I got a cup later in the day!

Sunshine Seasons:
We ate lunch at the Sunshine Seasons. My kids got the mac and cheese and the worms and dirt for dessert. They both ate all of there lunch but , when it came to dessert we had a problem. My 7 year old finished first and started his dessert. When my 3 year old finished he started crying, my DS 7 had the green worm he wanted! We calmed him down and he had the red worm! I hadn't even realized they were different colors! My husband and I got Chinese food 2 sides and 2 entrees. I had the vegetables, noodles, and 2 servings of spicy chicken. My DH had vegetables, noodles, and 2 servings of Mongolian Beef. It was excellent! For dessert my DH had the strawberry shortcake which was good. I had the key lime pie which was the best I have ever had! It was our first time eating here and it won't be the last! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Le Cellier:
We had a 5:30PM ADR and we were seated right away and had a great server, Kala. For appetizers we ordered the muscles and Salmon Timbale, they were both very good. My boys got the cheese soup and the salad, both very good. They both got the chocolate shakes for drinks and needless to say they enjoyed those! For dinner I got the shrimp pasta which was loaded with shrimp and very tasty! My DH had the NY Strip Steak which was huge! He couldn't finish it but, it was great! My DS 7 had the grilled chicken and ate it all! My DS 3 had the Chicken Nuggets and as always enjoyed those! For dessert we had the chocolate moose which were really cute and very tastey! My DH had the Blueberry Buckle which was really good! We had a few breadsticks left over so I asked her if she could wrap them up, she said, "I'll get you some fresh ones" and she gave us a bunch to go! They were great, we snacked on them and I even had them for breakfast! Without a doubt two thumbs up! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Up next: Cosmic Rays and Les Chefs de France

Nice reviews so far! :thumbsup2

The rolls you took with you...are these the different kinds of breadsticks or don't they have those any more?

Glad to see a good review of LC, lots of bad ones lately and we really enjoyed it when we went! :goodvibes

DisneyMom5 said:
Nice reviews so far! :thumbsup2

The rolls you took with you...are these the different kinds of breadsticks or don't they have those any more?

Glad to see a good review of LC, lots of bad ones lately and we really enjoyed it when we went! :goodvibes

You are right, I meant breadsticks! I'll fix that, thanks for catching that! She gave us extra pretzel breadsticks because those were our favorite! :thumbsup2

Day 3

Cosmic Rays:
After reading some good reviews about Cosmic Rays we decided to give it a try. We walked in and I waited for my husband to get back from the bathroom with the boys. It was about 11:30AM, we got behind a woman who had begun to order. She told the CM she wasn't ready and stepped back. So my we began to order, when we finished a few CM's walked up and said "you are the Cosmic Rays Family of the Day!" It was so neat, they told us they had a special table reserved for us and that they would bring our food over for us! Just then the woman, now behind us said "if I didn't step back that would have been me!" The CM said "no because you are not with your family." I felt bad for her, I guess you all have to be at the register. The kids thought it was great, we got a table with a tablecloth and little Mickey's all over it! The table was right in front of Jonny Eclipse. The CM's brought our food over with all of the condiments and napkins. We also got a signed autograph from Jonny Eclipse, and a family of the day certificate. That aside the food was great! I got the chicken and ribs combo and DH had the ribs plate. The ribs were really moist as well as the chicken. The vegetables and mashed potatoes were also really good. My DS's got the chicken nuggets and they enjoyed them. For dessert we got two pieces of cake for the boys and two brownies to go. Overall it was great and we would defiantely go back! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Le Chefs de France:
I have to start by saying, Le Chefs de France is in a beautiful spot. I love the windows and the ambiance of the restaurant. We had ADR's for 5:30PM and we were again seated right away. Our CM was Emmanuelle and she was great, and explained everything for us. The boys each got a pastry for an appetizer, I can't remember what it was called, but they liked it. I got Lobster Bisque and it was really good! My DH can't remember what he had! For dinner I had the Brochette de fruits de mer - Skewer of sole, salmon and scallops, lobster sauce and a flan of leeks. It was perfect, just the right ammount of food and it was excellent! My DH got the pork chops and thought they were good. My DS 3 got the fish and french fries which he enjoyed. DS 7 got the chicken and pasta and liked his a lot. For dessert the boys got ice cream. I had the strawberry mousse cake and it was O. K. DH had a macaroon dessert that was good. Overall, it was great we would go back again! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Up next: Pizza Planet and San Angel Inn

Love your reviews, we leave in 12 days and are so excited. Can't wait to read the rest. :)

First trip to Wilderness Lodge 11/24-12/2
POR Sept 2005, POR Sept 2001,

Sorry for the delay! Here we go!
Day 4
Pizza Planet
We got there early, around 11:30AM and there was no wait. We ordered 2 vegtable pizza and 2 peperoni. There is no seperate kids meals so we also got 4 side salads. We got 4 Mickey rice krispie treats for dessert. Everything was really good! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

San Angel Inn
We decided to take the boat ride before our 6PM ADR. I noticed a few tables opened by the water. So when we walked up I asked if there was room by the water. The CM said sure and we were seated right away! For appetizers I got the Ceviche which was tastey. My husband got the nachos which he liked. The chips and salsa kept us all busy! For the main coarse I got the Combinacion Cozumel and it was the best meal I had all week! Great flavor and everything was cooked to perfection! My DH had the Filete Motuleno and really enjoyed it! I loved being by the water it was really nice and the food was excellent! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Up next: Flame Tree BBQ and Boma

Great reviews. Glad that you had good service so far. Can't wait to be there in 10 more days!!!! Keep those reviews coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter