My First Flower and Garden Festival

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
This Wednesday afternoon, I’ll begin an 8-night trip with my extended family.

Since the weather news is bumming me out, I was thinking that dining out will be entertainment, come what may with nature. ADRs/dining plans we have are:

Wednesday - Travel day. Wing it with QS or whatever. If it’s really rainy, we can dine at our resort. (Swan)

Thursday - Brunch at Chef Mickey. We have four little girls under 3 (from two families). They LOVE the Classic Disney characters.

Friday - No ADR. Would like to partake of the F&G Festival offerings.

Saturday - Be Our Guest dinner. Thanks, Touring Plans ADR finder!

Sunday - California Grill brunch. Another shout out to the wonderful TP!

Monday - Ohana dinner. No WDW trip is complete without a Lapu Lapu.

I am there till the next Thursday, but we haven’t made any ADRs beyond these. No doubt we will go to Yak & Yeti because I have Landry’s rewards and a Select Club card. Also want to hit Satuli Canteen again. We enjoy the Festival booths and QS at Epcot too.

I do plan on buying a bunch of stuff from Les Halles in Epcot one night for breakfast the next day. I figure two each of bacon-and-cheese rolls, ham-and-cheese croissants, and frangipane plus a baguette. All this stuff keeps nice and fresh for the next morning in a Ziplock bag.

A frangipane pastry and Starbucks coffee is my favorite Disney breakfast. Followed by schoolbread and Starbucks but that’s another morning. If you’re unfamiliar with frangipane (I love the word—can you tell?), it’s a triangular puff pastry filled with almond paste. Not too sweet, it’s nutty with a heavenly texture. Love it! :cloud9:

Definitely getting a cheddar cheese soup at the Refreshment Port and also many Grey Goose martini’s. I’m looking forward to trying La Vie En Rose flavor. Haven’t been to the new Choza margarita stand and want the Fiesta margarita (always enjoyed them) plus the guacamole. I’m always down for a Mickey pretzel, though I like the pepper jack pretzel a lot too.

We are interested in possibly dining at the Flying Fish (recent reviews and menu are appealing) or Bluezoo. We’d go to really any of the dining at the Swolphin (did I just write that?).

Oh, and definitely, a refillable popcorn bucket. The older babies love it. :cutie:

I am back. Best.trip.ever! In terms of having the most fun, that is.

So Thursday morning as I was packing, I got a TP alert for Be Our Guest at 4:00 PM on Thursday. I jumped on it and canceled Chef Mickey.

When I arrived in Florida that afternoon, the heavens opened up and dumped a lot of rain on the Resort. I had purchased a 7-day Park Hopper for a 9 day trip. I was ready to upgrade it one day, the rain was coming down so hard, I figured it would be wasteful to burn a day to join my family for less than 2 hours in Epcot. They were able to get a walk-up at San Angel Inn, but I would get soaked walking there.

I stayed in the room and unpacked. Around 8:30, I wanted something to eat and left thinking I’d go to Picabu. When I got outside the Swan, I realized the rain had basically stopped, so I changed my mind and came up with another plan. I decided to try and see Illuminations from the bridge by the International Gateway, then go to Flying Fish and sit at their bar.

I had done research before the trip and don’t think Abracadabar’s drinks sound as good as Flying Fish. I really wanted to try the Maple Bacon Manhattan cocktail. I also wanted to try the pork belly appetizer. Aside from the fact that I like pork belly, it seems to be one of a few items that has been on the menu consistently since FF reopened.

So I took the boat to Epcot from the Boardwalk dock, as S&D’s boats were not running during our trip due to bridge repairs. I walked to the top of the bridge and watched Illuminations. After the initial fireworks, it got boring there where I couldn’t see the globe so I made my way over to Flying Fish.

At the podium, I told them all I wanted was a seat at the bar for a drink and an appetizer. The staff couldn’t have been nicer or more welcoming. A hostess led me to the bar. There was a wonderful bartender who got me a glass of ice water as I looked at the menu. He also served me some excellent bread. It was focaccia-like and had flecks of seaweed in it. A slab of butter accompanied it; it was sweet cream and sprinkled with black volcanic salt that added crunch. The bread was warm and delicious and the bartender, whose name I am struggling to remember but I recall was from Ohio, was so much fun. I wound up in conversation with him and other guests. :)

The drink was very interesting and strong—just what I needed then. The pork belly dish came out, and it was spectacular. Delicious flavors oozed out of every bite of the pork belly with a fruity glaze, the lightly fried croquette, and apple slaw, which was finely diced, not shredded like slaw.

One of my adult nieces stopped in to say hello as they were on their way back to the room. I squared up with my Disney Visa and the nice bartender gave me 10% off the pork belly appetizer. (I didn’t realize I would get a discount with the Chase card.)

This was a perfect small dinner for an anxious-from-traveling stomach and cost about $30. I tipped 20% and walked out very happy. I def want to have dinner here one night. The couple I was talking to split mussels and another guy had fried oysters that he and the bartender raved over. I must admit everything looked fantastic. The place itself is gorgeous. I loved the bar decor with all the yellow bottles, and all the CMs that I encountered were super nice. Even a manager came by at some point and welcomed the bar patrons.

We didn’t make it there for dinner this trip, but we will next time.

Last edited:
As I mentioned, I scored an ADR for 4:00 at BOG so we made MK our park of the day.

It was a rainy day with on and off showers. A downpour was looming when we entered the restaurant so we were glad to be indoors.

We were seated in the Music Box room. I wasn’t overjoyed about that, but with such a large group, you can’t be too picky. I was gassed to order the Chimay Blue Ale, which is both strong and delicious.

Everyone except me ordered the seafood pasta dish and I chose the steak. I enjoyed it in September and was afraid to pick something else because if it wasn’t as good, I’d be mad at myself.

The steak I got was decent, but def more grisly than the one I had in September. Everyone liked their pasta, but a few complained about the saltiness of it. The food did seem over-seasoned at a lot of places this trip. I struggled to get my rings off at night and that never happens to me at home.

Anyway, the meal was good enough and we met the Beast on the way out. We adults did not bother with desserts, but the kid’s meals came with cupcakes that they enjoyed.

After dinner, we used a FP+ to ride Peter Pan and when we exited it, there was a big rainbow across the sky that was a magical sight. We hoped it meant better weather. LOL!

Later that night at the resort, we ordered pizza from Flippers. We ordered it twice more during in the trip. It’s not as good as the pizza I get at home, but the toppings make it tasty enough.

Last edited:
The following day was a Friday and one of our Animal Kingdom days. We had FP+ for the Navi River ride. When we got off the ride, both my nephews started imitating the shaman animatron by singing, “Mahi Mahi” to the same tune she sings while flailing their arms around like her. I laughed my head off watching them do this.

Lunch was at Satuli Canteen. The group went ahead of me and I mobile ordered on the MDE, which worked out great. I went with the steak bowl on rice and chose the charred onion vinaigrette. So good and filling. Between the bowl and the large size Organic Blonde Ale, I was stuffed when we left.

All of us ordered bowls with varying bases, sauces and proteins. We think Satuli is one of the better quick service places at Disney and would like to see them offer similar food options elsewhere.

Last edited:

I had Landry’s gift cards and planned to use them at Yak & Yeti. I would have liked to have dinner there, but for different reasons, my group just wanted drinks and appetizers.

So we literally filled every seat at the bar and ordered a round of cocktails. I got my beloved Yak Attack and the others ordered different drinks. We tasted each other’s drinks and there was one similar to a Mai-Tai that we all agreed was the best tasting.

We ordered egg rolls, fried green beans and the ahi tuna nachos. Everything was very good, but those nachos...oh, man, they are really special. Delectable! And a huge portion. There was a lot of high quality tuna in it and the fried wontons that served as the chips plus the wasabi sauce took it over the top.

Even though we had only drinks and appetizers, Y&Y was fantastic. I really think it is the best ala carte restaurant at WDW right now. The service is always top notch—the gentlemen tending bar were so kind to us after we took over their entire bar. When the girls fussed a bit, they gave them cherries in paper cups with some straws, and they played with those like they were new toys for Christmas. LOL!

Later on, we went to Epcot. The rain was coming down and we were wearing ponchos, but it was pretty miserable out. We got a few things from the booths including the La Vie En Rose I was looking forward to, and we struggled to eat what we bought out of the rain.

My rose drink was wonderful and I regret that I didn’t get another during the trip. Between the rain and the boat being down, we didn’t spend nearly as much time in Epcot as I would have liked. The ground surfaces on the Boardwalk were so slippery due to the rain that was difficult to make the trek there.

I bought 6 items at Les Halles to have breakfast in the room. Keeping them dry under my poncho was a chore, but I pulled it off. I got two each of frangipane, bacon & cheese rolls and ham & cheese croissants. I sealed these up back in the room and kept the croissants in the fridge then we ate them over the next few days. The croissants were the big hit with my family, but I’m still mad about my frangipane.

We got Flippers pizza again late that night.

The next day was Saturday, 5/19. We headed to the Studios this day. My younger nephew and his family actually enjoy the walk from the Swan to the Studios. I went for the bus and they walked. I beat them there and immediately got on the line to meet Daisy Duck so they could join me and have a shorter wait. Daisy took a break right after I got in line so that gave them plenty of time to enter the park and meet me.

OT in restaurant reviews, but I was stunned by the amount of construction going on all around the WDW resort. The parking lot at the Studios was half dug up. Scrims were up all around Main Street, walls up throughout AK, and cranes at Epcot. Maybe I didn’t notice any comments, but I was surprised that I hadn’t heard more here about the amount of work going on down there.

Anyhow, we met up at the Daisy line and walked over to the Star Wars stage in front of the Chinese Theater (RIP Great Movie Ride!). This nephew’s older daughter, who is 2, is interested in Star Wars and got excited about the show and Chewbacca. I purchased a popcorn bucket while we hung out in that area watching the SW show.

The rest of family joined us, and we did some stuff (Beauty and the Beast show, Journey of the Little Mermaid, Frozen Sing Along) in between the downpours. We had made plans to get together for dinner with another of my brothers who lives in Florida about an hour away.

At some point, we separated so that my older nephew’s family could ride Toy Story Mania. I stayed with my younger nephew’s family. Our plan for dinner was the Garden Grove Seafood Sensation buffet, but we were hungry and needed some lunch so we went to the ABC Commissary.

It was on the late side of lunch and pretty empty when we got there, and we took our time ordering. We wound up with a rib-chicken combo platter, a Mediterranean chicken salad, and a kid’s meal with chicken tenders and carrot sticks. I wound up eating the combo platter while my nephew and niece had the chicken salad. The babies split the kid’s meal.

The combo chicken and rib platter was disappointing here. The chicken was nicely cooked and juicy, but lacking in the amount of meat. One swipe of the plastic knife cleared the meat to the bone. It was oddly devoid of meat. The amount of rib meat was equally as small though what was there was quite good. The tasty barbecue sauce had some nice heat.

The worst thing about this meal is that it was served with French fries. It would have made the meal about 900 times better if it came with mashed potatoes instead, like at Cosmic Ray’s.

My older nephew & fam plus my brother and SIL joined us and ordered similar food. I warned them not to order the combo; my nephew needs way more protein.

A monsoon blew in and we hunkered down at the Commissary. After being in there for quite a while waiting for the rain to lighten up, we decided that it was time for a resort break.

So my two nephews and their families left on foot while my SIL and I went for the bus. There was one waiting when we got there, but the line was huge and no one was getting on board. The bus itself had “Hollywood Studios” written in the lights in front.

We were at a stop marked for all the Crescent Lake resorts. Normally, these resorts would have boat transport, but we had buses because of the boat shutdown.

We found out that the bus was waiting for the Boardwalk and the Swan & Dolphin guests. The people ahead of us in line were waiting for the Yacht & Beach Club bus. This was super annoying. How could we have known this? Or that we were paired with the Boardwalk? There were no signs or anybody announcing something, but I was annoyed with myself for not asking the driver where he was headed.

I learnt well because sure enough, when we were leaving the AK on my last night there, we got on line behind a slew of people with a half-filled bus parked there. I walked around to the bus door, and yes, the bus was going to the S&D. The people were waiting on line for a separate Boardwalk bus. So glad I tapped on the door and asked. (Hope this info helps someone.)

So anyhow at the Studios, we took the bus to the Yacht Club and walked to the Swan from there.

The brother who joined us loved the Seafood buffet at the Garden Grove in October 2016. This was mine and my older brother’s third time there.

This place is a hidden gem. I think that because it’s not on the dining plan, it hasn’t attracted more attention. When the boat is running, it is super easy and enjoyable to get to or from either the Studios and Epcot.

The food was excellent this visit. The crab legs were top quality like the first time we dined there. Big, meaty, easy to clean legs. Sweet and delicious.

They changed the fried seafood basket to a big tray with fish & chips (new), fried calamari & shrimp, clam strips and cheddar biscuits. They included malt vinegar, tartar sauce and lots of lemons. This was a hit with everyone especially the fried fish. It was delicious and fresh cod. Excellent quality.

We were also served half lobsters stuffed with lobster salad. Very good tails, but the claws had super thick shells and were practically raw. I wouldn’t have said anything because there were so many good things to eat, but members of my party spoke up about how undercooked the claws were. They had blue spots and were cool to the touch.

So they prepared another batch of them for us. Some of these lobsters were cooked perfectly, but there were still a couple with raw claws. IDK, if you can’t cook an expensive item properly, that’s wasteful.

There was plenty of other food to enjoy. I had mussels in spicy red sauce, salmon in a lemon sauce over fregola pasta, strip loin beef with horseradish sauce, buttery mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. The quality of all these items was very high. Delicious and I had to forgo some items (clam chowder for one) because there is only so much stomach space.

The desserts were crazy good too. I had a lemon meringue mini cupcake that was filled with lemon curd and so delicious and cute, and also a mini chocolate tart that looked and tasted great. My SIL had a tiny banana cream pie that she said was to-die-for, and everyone else went crazy over these long, narrow tarts consisting of a cookie crust filled with custard and topped with fresh raspberries decorated with gold leaf.

We stumbled out of there and went back to the room to relax for a while. Wow!

Last edited:
Hi Janice! Your trip sounds great so far. So glad to hear Flying Fish was a hit. Can't wait to try it again on our next trip. And so happy to hear you loved the Ahi Nachos at Yak N Yeti. They are one of my favorite items on property.

Hi Janice! Your trip sounds great so far. So glad to hear Flying Fish was a hit. Can't wait to try it again on our next trip. And so happy to hear you loved the Ahi Nachos at Yak N Yeti. They are one of my favorite items on property.

It’s thanks to you I knew about the ahi nachos, Kari. :)

I’m not a fan of nachos generally. There are usually too much of the toppings lumped together on top, with a lot of bare chips underneath.

I told my group that they came highly recommended, and they said that they trusted my research so we ordered them. LOL! We were all blown away by them. My group had 7 adults, and there was an ample small plate for each one of us.

The seafood buffet sounds great. We did the Cape May one last trip but my kids didn’t eat much that night. Have you done CM? I’m wondering how they compare.

The seafood buffet sounds great. We did the Cape May one last trip but my kids didn’t eat much that night. Have you done CM? I’m wondering how they compare.

Cape May was a must-do for my family for many years. The last time I ate there was October 2016. We were there for Hurricane Matthew. Ate at CMC the first night of that trip. Tried Garden Grove the evening of the day that Disney closed all the parks.

The crab legs were far superior in quality at GG than those at CMC earlier that trip. They were similar in quality last week—excellent. We didn’t have such great ones in September, but the rest of the meal was good.

This past trip was actually the best of our three visits in overall food quality. They were really on in every area except the lobster claws. My other critique is that they should serve some bread or garlic toast for the mussels. They were served in a very tasty red sauce that was meant for crusty bread dipping. The only bread offered is a lavash—not the dipper I was looking for.

If you like mashed potatoes, GG’s are amazing. They’re rich and buttery and full-flavored. I love homemade mashed potatoes, and I give theirs A+.

I think that there is more variety at CMC, but the overall quality is higher at GG. GG def wins in desserts too. The items we tried were outrageous.

I just want to mention that the Seafood Sensation buffet is available Thursday through Saturday for $39.99 per adult, but we got 20% off with my AAA card so we paid $31.99 for this buffet. I don’t know if you can get CMC for that price, but GG is a fantastic value because you get characters with dinner too.

Cape May was a must-do for my family for many years. The last time I ate there was October 2016. We were there for Hurricane Matthew. Ate at CMC the first night of that trip. Tried Garden Grove the evening of the day that Disney closed all the parks.

The crab legs were far superior in quality at GG than those at CMC earlier that trip. They were similar in quality last week—excellent. We didn’t have such great ones in September, but the rest of the meal was good.

This past trip was actually the best of our three visits in overall food quality. They were really on in every area except the lobster claws. My other critique is that they should serve some bread or garlic toast for the mussels. They were served in a very tasty red sauce that was meant for crusty bread dipping. The only bread offered is a lavash—not the dipper I was looking for.

If you like mashed potatoes, GG’s are amazing. They’re rich and buttery and full-flavored. I love homemade mashed potatoes, and I give theirs A+.

I think that there is more variety at CMC, but the overall quality is higher at GG. GG def wins in desserts too. The items we tried were outrageous.

I just want to mention that the Seafood Sensation buffet is available Thursday through Saturday for $39.99 per adult, but we got 20% off with my AAA card so we paid $31.99 for this buffet. I don’t know if you can get CMC for that price, but GG is a fantastic value because you get characters with dinner too.

Thanks. I didn’t realize they had characters at dinner too. You’re really selling it for me. Sounds great!

After a short rest in the room, we decided to go to Phins with the girls. The weather was horrible—rainy, windy and kinda cold—and it was like 10:00 so going to any park was not practical. My nephew thought there might be a live band and we could sit away from the actual bar with the girls who were a little restless after napping.

No band, but we stuck with keeping the girls in the lounge. (I entertained them for awhile trying to teach them to play “Miss Mary Mac” LOL!)

The new chandelier is one of the prettiest things I’ve ever seen. Photos can’t do it justice because it sparkles with prisms.

26247056-6CE1-4142-8EDA-E43809A3DF55.jpeg

I hope this is not too big. I’m not one to take a lot of photos, but I tried here. The chandelier is dozens of long strings of crystals. They shine blue/green light into it to give it an ocean effect with crystals being bubbles. It’s gorgeous. The new lobby at the Dolphin overall looks fantastic. They did a great job with it.

Both of my nephews got the Smoke ‘N Roses signature cocktail served in a smoke chamber. I got a 1565 Tiki drink that was really a regular Mai Tai. SIL got a Key Margarita that she was very happy with; I can’t remember what my adult nieces got. The little ones came with sippy cups. LOL!

The girls were still restless so we left. The walk back to the Swan building was a cold and damp one with the wind whipping around fountain water.

Next day: California Grill Brunch

This Sunday, 5/20 was our most anticipated ADR: Brunch at the California Grill. We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom with the intention of transferring to the Monorail and riding one stop to the Contemporary.

As our bus drove in, I paid close attention to just how far the bus station is from the Contemporary Resort. It looked like, including the walk from the bus station to the monorail, the length of the walk to the CR directly isn’t many more steps. We tested out my theory on the way back, and it’s for real: the walk between the bus station and the CR is not long at all.

When the bus arrived at the MK bus station, the driver announced that he was going to the Grand Floridian if anyone wanted a lift there. I yelled out, “What about the Contemporary?” There were not many other people on the bus, and they exited before we could get our stuff together—we had two strollers and four babies—then the driver asked if we were all together. He said, “Stay on. I’ll drive you to the Contemporary.”

Yay! I hoped he would do that if I spoke up. He was a really nice guy and gave us advice on how to return without going through security. (Contemporary Resort bus to the Studios and walk or bus from there to the Swan.) I’ve sent an Email to Disney to compliment his great customer service. :)

We went up to the second floor of the Contemporary Tower to check in and get our private, escorted elevator ride up to the top. Maybe I’m a sentimental fool, but I love the Tower whenever I visit it. It holds a lot of memories. :)

Upstairs, we were greeted by a host who offered us their seasonal mimosa which was sparkling wine with blueberry Boba pearls. After getting our drinks from a big tray full of them, we were directed to the lounge while they put the finishing touches on our table. They checked our two strollers then.

There were two musicians, one playing a cello and another on the keyboard near a window and banquette where we went to enjoy our mimosas and the view. The musicians were friendly and smiled at us, and I whispered that the kids like Moana songs. They played one that I didn’t recognize, but the babies did and started singing and dancing along. :)

As added entertainment, there was a station there where a chef was preparing Crepes Suzette flambé. Omigosh! Every day of second grade, I watched reruns of the Patty Duke Show after school. A verse from the opening theme song:

“Where Kathy adores a minuet,
The Ballets Russes, and Crepes Suzette,
Our Patty loves to rock and roll,
A hot dog makes her lose control—
What a wild duet!”

Ever since, I have been fascinated by the idea of Crepes Suzette. I had a version of the dish at IHOP once, but it wasn’t authentic. (No flambe.) Now almost 50 years later, live right in front of me, a chef with a tall white hat prepared a sauce of butter, sugar, orange rind and juice plus Grand Marnier. He drenched fresh Crepes with the sauce, then flambéd them in brandy. Wow! So awesome! :cloud9:

We were there in the lounge for the length of a song or two. (I lost track of the exact time when the flambé got smoking.) We were then seated at a long table placed perpendicular to a broad expanse of windows facing the Magic Kingdom.

Coffee was brought in a few French press pots. It was pressed before they brought it, which made it kinda grainy. We ordered a pot later on where the waiter delivered the pot, then pressed it, and that made for a better Cuppa Joe.

My nieces ordered each type of pancake—carrot, blueberry and buttermilk—plus French toast for the babies. Many of us ordered eggs Benedict with lobster and hangar steaks. We hit the self serve and got all kinds of good stuff. Highlights for me include the sweetie drop peppers—I must find a place to buy these—blue cheese, candied bacon, and bacon and egg salad. Plus of course, those Crepes Suzette! They were beyond awesome.

We were there close to two hours. I can’t get over how much my family and I ate. :lmao: Everything was just so fantastic. The yogurt bar was a big hit with my group. (I didn’t bother with it—you just can’t eat everything.) Aside from the pancakes, eggs Benedict & lobster and the steak & eggs we ordered at first, between us, we got orders of Shakshuka, shrimp & grits, chicken & waffles, lobster omelette, and sides of bacon and sausage.

I knocked back 5 mimosas. Others in my group had 7 and 10 of them. :) You could get them with peach Boba pearls instead of the blueberry Boba, or with OJ, or just plain sparkling wine that I think was cava.

Our table was brought two pedestal dishes filled with macarons, jelly cookies, housemade candy with nuts and dried fruit in chocolate plus some fine chocolate bon-bons. The waiter, who was wonderful, brought out four boxes so that we could take the sweets and whatever leftover food that we wanted.

I don’t have to say how gorgeous the view was. It’s a highlight of being there. The whole experience met or exceeded our expectations. The entire event was upscale, and we felt really special and pampered while we were there.

We got the Annual Pass discount and thought it was totally worth $72 plus tax and tip per person. I wholeheartedly recommend it for a big group too. We had a load of fun sharing each other’s company and food.

We did not eat again until Flippers Pizza late that night. (Though we did have Dole Whip floats at the MK later on that evening.)

Last edited:
We had a 4:00 dinner ADR for Ohana on Monday. After two tremendous AYCE meals on two consecutive days, we weren’t sure that we had the fortitude to go for a third.

I looked on MDE and the only other Ohana ADRs I could find were for late at night, but that’s hard to do with 4 babies. My nephews talked about that the fact the kids are still free there and that we spent over $70 each family to eat at the ABC Commissary so we decided to keep the ADR.

We decided months before to spend the day and night at the MK for easy access to the Polynesian. We had Fastpasses for 7 Dwarves and our oldest baby got to ride it for the first time. She loved it! She is her daddy’s partner in crime. The photo taken of us going down the big drop is hilarious. My nephew and she have both arms up in the air with me behind them cowering in fear. :laughing:

We ate stuff in the room early that morning and with dinner so early, we didn’t want a big lunch. We settled for an assortment of Mickey and pepper jack pretzels and hot dogs from the Lunching Pad since we were in the neighborhood to use Speedway FP+s.

Somehow, we got split up. SIL and I plus the older nephew’s family took the boat to the Polynesian while the younger nephew’s crew took the monorail. I love the scenery on that boat ride, but it was so gloomy and gray while we were on it, it wasn’t as nice as usual.

After checking in and waiting a few, we were pleased to be seated at a big table in the middle of the main room. We could see the skewers being cooked.

Most of us ordered the Lapu Lapu because I raved on it. Maybe because the pineapple shells were extra large, it tasted like pure juice. No booze flavor at all and it was cloyingly sweet. Not good drinks and it was disappointing.

The previous time we went in September, the drinks were bad too. What happened? The Tambu Lounge that makes Ohana’s drinks used to be one of the best bars at the World. We watched a bartender in 2010 who was straight out of a Cocktail competition. My nephews discovered that soft drinks are included in the price so they ordered iced teas and said that’s all they’d be drinking there on future visits.

On the positive side, my older nephew’s younger daughter was delighted by the paper umbrella and cherry that I gave her from my drink. She played with them and the top of my pineapple throughout the meal, and she was so adorable. :cloud9:

The food was all very good, and there was plenty of it. The ukulele player was a nice man who played “Over the Rainbow” and led some hula lessons. My older nephew had a lot of fun with this. He took all the girls up except for the littlest baby (who isn’t quite walking yet). He is like a big kid fooling around and totally cracking us up. The girls were hysterical laughing too. The meal was a load of fun in spite of the lousy drinks.

I don’t recall eating anything more the rest of the night, but it’s possible we got Flippers pizza. I’m not sure, but we did enjoy ourselves a lot at Ohana. It’s another great choice for a big family gathering.

Last edited:
Your Cali brunch sounds amazing! That’s high on my someday list. I really want to take the kids to Ohana. We had to cancel our ADR last trip due to an illness and I was so disappointed. It was one of the things I was most looking forward to.

Your Cali brunch sounds amazing! That’s high on my someday list. I really want to take the kids to Ohana. We had to cancel our ADR last trip due to an illness and I was so disappointed. It was one of the things I was most looking forward to.

I hope you get to go again soon. Our babies not only enjoyed the show, they ate well between the noodles, potstickers, and chicken and steak skewers.

The Brunch is phenomenal—almost too good to be true. If you want, you can come back with your receipt and watch HEA from the Contemporary’s observation deck that night.

I hope you get to go again soon. Our babies not only enjoyed the show, they ate well between the noodles, potstickers, and chicken and steak skewers.

The Brunch is phenomenal—almost too good to be true. If you want, you can come back with your receipt and watch HEA from the Contemporary’s observation deck that night.

That's really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter