My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

DLfan4 your pictures look awesome!!! Thank you for posting them. My family is heading to DLR in a couple of months and your pictures of Pacific Wharf bread bowls are making me really happy that we are planning on eating there this time around :goodvibes).

DLfan4 your pictures look awesome!!! Thank you for posting them. My family is heading to DLR in a couple of months and your pictures of Pacific Wharf bread bowls are making me really happy that we are planning on eating there this time around :goodvibes).

The pictures are not mine ( i WISH i was there and took the pictures). The pictures belong to Shelly S

It is a filling snack, about the size of a waffle cone but a little shorter and wider at the top. The mac n cheese goes all the way down. We split the pot pie and then shared this a little later and were full

So if there was a family of 4 and we wanted to try is as a snack (not as a meal). Would there be enough in 1 cone for us to all have a taste? or would you suggest 2?

So if there was a family of 4 and we wanted to try is as a snack (not as a meal). Would there be enough in 1 cone for us to all have a taste? or would you suggest 2?
With one, you would probably each get a couple bites of the mac and some of the cone. You can see other people's as you are standing in line and then decide whether you want one or two

The pictures are not mine ( i WISH i was there and took the pictures). The pictures belong to Shelly S

So sorry...Shelly S the pictures are truly amazing, sorry I miswrote who took them :rolleyes1. DLFan4 thank you for the clarification.

Here's a few pictures from our day out at Disney last May. Mom wanted a Green Chile Chicken Cone from the Cozy Cones. She didn't realize I wanted a picture and she took a bite out of it as soon as she got it!

x17DL0528GG27.jpg

Dad I didn't want quite so much so we got Chimichangas on Paradise Pier.

x17DL0528GG28.jpg

That evening we went to the Uva Bar and Cafe for dinner.

Dad got an appetizer order of Calamari for his dinner.

x17DL0528GG38.jpg

My Mom got the Lamburger with salad as her side.

x17DL0528GG39.jpg

I got the Lamburger with the garlic fries, sooooo good!

x17DL0528GG40.jpg

This Is Halloween, This Is Halloween...Figment's 2017 Trip to HalloweenTime
Figment visited Disneyland for his annual HalloweenTime trip. It was time to check out this year's Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread showpiece, check out all of the new offerings in DCA, and (of course) try many of the yummy sounding HalloweenTime treats!

French Market, Dinner
The French Market is one of Figment's favorite places to have a meal and do some people watching. It's has a pretty good view of New Orleans Square, especially the Haunted Mansion. During HalloweenTime and the Holiday Season, the French Market is given a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. There is also usually a special HalloweenTime dessert!

French Dip Sandwich - Thinly-sliced Roast Beef with Crispy Onion Straws and a Horseradish Mayonnaise on an Italian Sandwich Roll, with in-house Seasoned Chips and Au Jus. The sandwhich has good flavor and the crispy onions are yummy. The chips can be kind of spicy (depending on how thick the seasoning layer is), but goes nicely with the sandwich.
DSC_0012_zpserdgnyxj.jpg

French Market Chicken - Southern-style Oven Roasted Half Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Seasonal Vegetables. This entree is easily shareable! The chicken is very moist and the skin is crispy. The veggies are okay, but nothing really special.
DSC_0016_zpsrytbwnxr.jpg

Snake and Spider Chocolate Goo - Dark Chocolate Cup filled with layers of Dark Chocolate Mousse, Green Pound Cake, and Chocolate Cookie Crumbles with Gummy Worms and Chocolate. This was the special dessert for HalloweenTime! It was actualy really good! The green "pound" cake was more like normal cake, just very green. The cookie crumbles were really good when eaten with the mousse filling.
DSC_0018_zpsfd18chyy.jpg

DSC_0024_zpsbnuom8k9.jpg

Pumpkin Cheesecake - Figment didn't try this, but it was another HalloweenTime offering.
DSC_0007_zpsg7q48o2j.jpg

Mint Julep Bar, Breakfast
The Mint Julep Bar is one of the most popular snack spots in DL (based on line length at any rate). Guests can get beignets, mint juleps, along with other drinks. The beignets are available in two flavors during HalloweenTime: regular (powdered sugar) and Dreamsicle.

Dreamsicle Beignets - These were new for HalloweenTime. Figment isn't really sure what orange flavoring has to do with Halloween, other than it's the color of pumpkins. The sugar didn't have a really strong orange flavor. It was more like a hint of orange, with a strong sweet flavor. The orange sugar had silver stars mixed in. Overall, Figment liked the Blackberry Beignets from the summer better (although, these didn't turn everyone's teeth blue!). The pepermint ones from a few years ago are still his favorites!
DSC_0499_zpslvtf1lzy.jpg

DSC_0503_zpstllp6qgw.jpg

Studio Catering, Co., Lunch
Figment headed over to DCA one day for a progressive lunch. It started with tacos from the Studio Catering, Co, moved on to Award Wiener, and ended at Schmoozies! Studio Catering Co. is one of the few things from the Summer of Heros promotions that is still around. They kept much of the same menu, but added a new taco option.

Dragon Breath Tacos - Pork Belly Tacos, Korean BBQ Sauce, Kim Chi Slaw and Sriracha Aïoli. These were really good! The meat was very tender and there was a lot of it! There was a slight bite, but it was not overwhelming.
DSC_0601_zps41lbzoua.jpg

DSC_0603_zps7j5pjjkj.jpg

The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy - Beef Barbacoa Tacos with Green Onion Slaw, Purple Cabbage, Pickled Onions, Habanero Salsa, and Green Tortillas. Figment had these in August and liked them, so he wanted to try them again this time. They were much spicier this time around! Yikes! Still good, but a lot hotter.
DSC_0605_zpsdx1ub138.jpg

DSC_0606_zpsro5eoue9.jpg

Award Weiner, Lunch
Award Wiener always has a variety of hot dog options, plus a few seasonal options. This time, Figment opted for one of the regular menu items.

Bacon Street Dog - All-Beef Hot Dog dipped in a House-made Roasted Red Pepper Ketchup topped with Grilled Onions, Bell Peppers and crispy Bacon Crumbles served on a toasted Potato Bun with Filmstrip Fries. The hot dog was good and the bacon added a lot of flavor.
DSC_0609_zps98wa2xud.jpg

Schmoozies, Lunch
Schmoozies has gone back to its old menu, but still has doughnuts and an ice cream macaron...they were just HalloweenTime themed!

Make Mine Mocha - Frozen Chocolated Espresso topped with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings. Figment discovered this last trip when it was called Rocket Fuel. It's always been on the menu, so he had another one on this trip. Still yummy! (Very similiar to Starbuck's mocha Frappacino with dark mocha powder added in).
DSC_0615_zps7u3xjd1j.jpg

Mummy Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich – Almond macaron shell with dark chocolate “eyes” drizzled with white chocolate and filled with rainbow sherbet. This was one of Schmoozies HalloweenTime offerings. It was pretty good. The rainbow sherbert added a nice flavor to the crunch of the macaron. Just make sure to eat it before it melts! :)
DSC_0613_zpskn6iapon.jpg

Dragon Breath Tacos - Pork Belly Tacos, Korean BBQ Sauce, Kim Chi Slaw and Sriracha Aïoli. These were really good! The meat was very tender and there was a lot of it! There was a slight bite, but it was not overwhelming.

I wanted to try these but the CM told me they were very spicy. What did you think?

I wanted to try these but the CM told me they were very spicy. What did you think?
They did have a bite, but it wasn't over-overwhelmingly spicy. That being said, I don't know if it varies depending on who's prepping the tacos. The Dangerous tacos weren't that spicy the first time I had them, but the second time was definitely a lot hotter. You might ask to see if you can have the Sriracha Aïoli or Korean BBQ Sauce (I'm not sure which one has the most heat - maybe ask the CM to see if they know or can find out) on the side. The meat itself wasn't spicy, so the heat was in one of the condiments.

This Is Halloween, This Is Halloween...Figment's 2017 Trip to HalloweenTime, Continued
Jolly Holiday, Lunch & Snacks
Jolly Holiday is one of Figment's go to places in Disneyland for a snack (or even a meal). The entrees salads and sanwhiches are good, but it's the desserts that really stand out. It's also a nice place to take a break and do some people watching (and maybe catch a parade)!

Jolly Holiday Salad - Mixed Greens, Spiced Pecans, Feta, Tomatoes, Dried Cranberries and Raspberry Vinaigrette served with a fresh Breadstick. This is one of Figment's favorite salads. It has a nice mixture of items, although he wishes it didn't come with feta cheese. They can hold the feta, but it'll take extra time (they say between 15 and 20 minutes that's pretty accurate...).
DSC_0101_zpshtxnza55.jpg

Market Sandwich on Traditional Baguette - Salami, Spicy Capicola, Prosciutto, Arugula, Pickled Red Onion, Pepperoncini, Whole Grain Mustard Aïoli served with House Chips. This sandwich was really good! It had lots of flavor.
DSC_0103_zpsarik51uo.jpg

S'Mores Bar - This is one of Figment's favorite desserts at Jolly Holiday. It's only available seasonally (usually in the fall), so he makes a point to get when it's being offered. It's very rich and very chocolately!
DSC_0104_zpsz5krogzu.jpg

DSC_0106_zpsppk168kl.jpg

Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie - The cake is nice and moist and the filling has a slight tang and lots of peanut butter flavor.
DSC_0107_zpsgxlsjnwu.jpg

Raspberry Mickey Macaron - This is one of Jolly Holiday's classic offerings (usually available year-around) and another of Figment's favorites. It travels well (he usually takes a few home to enjoy after the trip is over).
DSC_0110_zpsrfacq8eb.jpg

Spiced Bundt Cake - This was one of the HalloweenTime offerings. It was a bundt cake...um...sadly, it was kind of boring and didn't have much flavor.
DSC_0112_zpsoq0s7ked.jpg

Pomegranate Freeze - This drink was okay, but the Jungle Julep at Bengal Barbeque was better (if you want a slushie type drink). Also, it does not pair very well with the other sweet items from Jolly Holiday...
DSC_0113_zpsnuptfwvw.jpg

Mickey-Shaped Mummy Macaron – A white chocolate macaron with white chocolate drizzle and chocolate-salted caramel filling. This was another of the HalloweenTime offerings. It was very cute and tended to run out early. The filling was quite yummy.
DSC_0116_zpsylnjmkw7.jpg

Clarabelle’s Hand Scooped Ice Cream
Clarabelle's (in DCA, not to be mixed up with the one in Toontown) had two HalloweenTime offerings, plus their usually ice cream sundes, hard floats (yes, with alochol), and ice cream bars. Figment likes to get an ice cream sundae, sit outside of Starbucks, and watch Five & Dime or the Newsies perform.
DSC_0158_zpskfoasmjb.jpg

Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae – White chocolate-raspberry swirl ice cream with raspberry splatter, blood-red sprinkles, whipped cream and Bat Wing cookie. This was a very cute looking sundae. Alas, Figment wasn't really that impressed with the sundae's flavor. The ice cream was very rich, but it needed more raspberry swirl in it. The bat wing cookie was kind of like a gingerbread cookie, but without the gingerbread flavor. While cute to look at, he wouldn't order this sundae again.
DSC_0160_zpsug3ywubu.jpg

Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich – A black macaron with charcoal-tart cherry spun ice cream topped with popping candy and raspberry sauce. This was the other HalloweenTime offering. Again, it was pretty cute to look at, but was lacking in the flavor department. The ice cream was rich, but it was very hard to taste the "tart cherry" flavor. If anything, he tasted the charcoal more (that was the first thing he noticed). The macaron was good and the popping candy added a nice texture contrast.
DSC_0164_zpsn0utrxj9.jpg

Oswald Sundae - Two Scoops of Ice Cream with Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream, Chocolate Chips, Cherry, Waffle Cup, and a Chocolate Dipped Banana. Later in the trip, Figment decided to go back to his old favorite, the Oswald Sundae with two scoops of Jamocha Almond Fudge ice cream. Yummy!
DSC_0543_zpsti24yi9i.jpg

This Is Halloween, This Is Halloween...Figment's 2017 Trip to HalloweenTime, Continued

Carnation Cafe, Dinner
Carnation Cafe is a nice place to have a relaxing dinner.
DSC_0190_zpstyxsikg0.jpg

Fried Pickles with Dipping Sauce - Dill Pickle Spears dipped in Parmesan and Panko, Fried Golden Brown and served with a House Sauce. Figmen really likes pickles and he enjoys this appetizer. Nice and crunchy on the outside and pickle-y on the inside...yum!
DSC_0194_zpscrw852jc.jpg

Baked Potato Soup - with Bacon, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Sour Cream, and Chives. This soup is very rich, but has a lot of good flavor. It's great on a cold day (and it's pretty good on a warm/hot day too! :D).
DSC_0205_zpsoeq1xbsi.jpg

Homemade Meatloaf - Our special blend of Beef and Pork served with Ketchup Glaze, Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables. This is one of the only meatloafs Figment likes; it has a nice blend of meats so that it's not mushy and has really good flavor. He likes to ask for extra gravy to mix with the mashed potatoes.
DSC_0198_zpsj87yscdd.jpg

Cafe Orleans, Fantasmic Dining Package, Lunch
Figment and family decided to try the Fantasmic Dining Package at Cafe Orleans. With F! only being presented on Saturday and Sunday evenings, they figured the crowds would be high for the show. They had reservations for lunch, but were able to request FPs for the second show (it sounded like there were still packages available for the second show, so that might be why we were able to get FPs for the second show even with a lunch reservation).
DSC_0378_zps1jabtrwq.jpg

Mint Julep - While he misses the green color of the original mint juleps, Figment has gotten used to the clear color of the new drink. It still tastes good, but slightly more lemon-y/lime-y than the old recipe.
DSC_0381_zpslulkonld.jpg

Pommes Frites - Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. This was not included with the F! dining package, but Figment was able to order as an extra item. He can't go to Cafe Orleans and not have the pommes frites. Still yummy!
DSC_0385_zpsnba4vsrc.jpg

Gumbo - A Rich, Flavorful Stew with Chicken, Andouille Sausage and Tasso Ham, Served with Cajun-Style Dirty Rice. The gumbo was one of the appetizer options for the package. It's still very tasty.
DSC_0388_zpscp1oenky.jpg

Seafood Gratin - Creamy Blend of Lump Crab, Shrimp, Spinach, and Cheese served with Seasoned Croutons. This was avilable for an additional $5 as part of the F! dining package. Figment decided to try it and it was well worth it. It had a lot of crab and shrimp and was really tasty. It wasn't very creamy (which was fine with Figment), but there was a lot of really yummy broth to soak up into the croutons.
DSC_0397_zpsl6jyoup4.jpg

DSC_0398_zpsgk8iwhao.jpg

Lobster Cobb Salad - Lobster tossed with Mix Greens, Roasted Corn, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Bacon, and Avocado Vinaigrette. Figment generally likes salads and this was one was very good. It had a fair amount of lobster.
DSC_0402_zpslpfexdd0.jpg

Shrimp and Grits - Creole-spiced Shrimp served atop Cheese Grits, Spiced Sausage-Fava Bean-Corn Relish and Shrimp Sauce. Figment really likes Brennan's Shrimp & Grits, so he decided to give this one a try. It was good (very mild), but the grits had a bit too much cheese in them for his tastes.
DSC_0409_zpsno9yvgme.jpg

Bourbon Street Chicken - Honey-kissed Chicken with Hoppin' John, Seasonal Vegetables, and Bourbon Sauce. The chicken was okay; it was a bit sweet.
DSC_0413_zpsprzlzz1k.jpg

Maleficent Dragon “Fantasmic!” Dessert - with a milk chocolate crunchy base, spiced dark chocolate-blackberry ganache center, caramel mousse and orange-vanilla sauce. This was a really good looking dessert and it had good flavor. The chili-spice wasn't terribly noticable at first, but it definately built as the dessert was eaten. Figment liked this dessert, but could have done with a little less spiciness.
DSC_0418_zpswjhswlzg.jpg

DSC_0423_zpsygtlndxe.jpg

DSC_0424_zpstpeudk5d.jpg

At the end of the meal, you're given the FPs for admission into the reserved viewing area for F!. The FP tells you when and where to go and, in theory, which section to sit in. When we got to the second showing, they did have us queue up by dining location, but once inside the viewing area, they did not seem to care where you sat. We did notice several ECVs in the back of the viewing area (against the walkway) and everyone was sitting on the ground (except those in the very back, next to or behind the ECVs). We did not see any strollers within the seated area, but there were a few in the back (with the ECVs).
DSC_0425_zpsc2vhzqzx.jpg

A larger version of the menu
DSC_0380_zpsb46x0wwl.jpg

Last edited:

Bengal BBQ, Lunch
The new seating area for the Bengal Barbeque has made it a lot easier to get something to eat and relax.

Jungle Julep - Tropical Slush with a Mixture of Grape, Orange, Pineapple, and Lemon. While not on the menu board, this drink was still available. It's nice and refreshing on a warm day!
DSC_0534_zpsab6i3j19.jpg

Safari Skewer - Bacon-wrapped Asparagus. Bacon...yum!
DSC_0545_zps0mrfphuh.jpg

Pork Belly - Grilled Pork Belly Served on a "Boat" of Iceberg Lettuce, Topped with Hoisin Sauce, Pickled Carrots, Daikon, and Cilantro. The Bengal BBQ was still offering this specialty skewer, along with the new lamb one. Figment really liked it last time, so he got two of them this time! They're still really good; a fair amount of meat and lots of flavor.
DSC_0536_zpst4jpbmlx.jpg

DSC_0547_zpsiaoewsfj.jpg

Side Note: They were offering a Bengal Rice Plate, which includes your choice of two regular Skewers served on a bed of Jasmine Rice with a side of Citrus-Miso Slaw for $15.99. The highest priced skewers that qualified were $5 each, so you're basically paying $6 for the rice and slaw. It seemed kind of expensive to me.
DSC_0533_zpseonz2kz2.jpg

Plaza Inn, Dinner
The Plaza Inn is a great place to grab something to eat and do a little Main Street people watching (some tables have a view).

Chicken - three pieces of Chicken fried to a golden brown and seasoned with distinctive Herbs and Spices and served with Mashed Potatoes, Vegetables, and a Buttermilk Biscuit. Figment's family usually gets a couple of the chicken dinner and takes them home with them. One last bit of Disneyland after the vacation ends!
DSC_0549_zpspr2yxc7c.jpg

Everything looks amazing! There are too many things I want to eat but we’ll only be there for one day this coming weekend.

Would anyone happen to know if the Maleficent Dragon “Fantasmic!” Dessert contains ginger?
I would contact Guest Services to find out whether it has any ginger in it. I thought I had read that the spiciness in the dessert came from chili and I didn't notice any ginger flavor, but the mousse was pretty strong in flavor, so it could have covered other ingredients.

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Dinner
Figment's favorite DTD location is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. He's been there many times and always had a great meal. This time, while the food was good, the service was pretty bad. We actually ended up flagging down a different server to take our order because our server never came back after getting the drink order (we waited 30 minutes for her to return and she didn't!). We were going to just ask him if could find our server, but he offered to take our order. When she did finally reappear, she didn't apologize for ignoring us or anything or really make any effort to check on us very often (someone else refilled drinks, clear plates, etc.). She did, at least, bring the check. Despite that, the food was still tasty.

Popcorn Calamari - Creole mustard aïoli and marinara sauce. Figment likes this appetizer. It's cripsy on the outside and tender on the inside.
DSC_0552_zpsmb5zpm1a.jpg

French Quarter Salad - Mixed Greens, Candied Pecans, Cherry Tomatoes, Cider Vinaigrette. The candied pecans were yummy, but otherwise, this was a pretty standard appetizer salad.
DSC_0570_zpsgkwny8fs.jpg

Louisiana Crab Cake - Corn maque choux, jalapeño-tomato jam. The crab cake had lots of crab and really good flavor. It was a pretty good size too!
DSC_0568_zps0vzuzzdd.jpg

Pasta Jambalaya - A New Orleans favorite and Jazz Kitchen signature dish! Gulf shrimp, andouille sausage, roasted chicken, creole seasoning with spinach fettuccine. Figment likes the jambalaya at Brennan's, but it does have a bite!
DSC_0562-rebalance3_zpssvfbfk4u.jpg

BBQ Shrimp & Grits - “New Orleans” Barbecue Sauce, Andouille Sausage-Parmesan Grits. Figment had this one the same night that he had the shrimp & grits at Cafe Orleans - it was a shrimp & grits comparison day! Overall, Brennan's has better flavor, but they have more of a bite. The grits are better at Brennan's...creamy, but not cheesy.
DSC_0572_zpsbvmqjyud.jpg

Carthay Circle Restaurant, Lunch
Figment hadn't been to Carthay Circle restaurant in a while (his last meal was meh), but he decided to give it another try. Some of the things on the lunch menu looked pretty interesting. There was a small Halloween decoration inside the resturant: a haunted tree complete with bats!
DSC_0553_zpsq9ulxpqk.jpg

DSC_0558_zpsykuyjsmh.jpg

Bread Service - The meal starts with bread service, but Figment didn't want to fill up on bread!
DSC_0557_zpsxil4jgz6.jpg

Non-Alcoholic Poison Apple-Tini - The Carthay Circle Lounge and Restaurant were the only locations where the green poison apple glow cube was available. It looks just like the red one, only its green. The drink can be made non-alocholic (plain cranberry juice). The price is the same.
DSC_0559_zpsu4yvexs9.jpg

Wildberry Lemonade - All Natural Lemonade with flavors of Blackberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, and Blueberry with a Spritz of Purified Sparkling Water, topped with Wildberry Fruit Foam. A sweet, slightly tart drink. It was good.
DSC_0564_zpsdmb4bc8o.jpg

Carthay Signature Fried Biscuits - Stuffed with White Cheddar, Bacon, and Jalapeño with Apricot-Honey Butter. These are still Figment's favorite item at the Carthay Circle. So good! He wishes they were availble in the Lounge (or that they'd share the recipe).
DSC_0573_zps8tujnelw.jpg

DSC_0575_zpsmm8dimxs.jpg

Chilled Soba Noodle Salad - Tangerine Shrimp, Cucumber, Macadamia Nuts, Heirloom Tomatoes, Mint, Cilantro.
DSC_0577_zpshnv51lfx.jpg

Grilled Santa Maria Tri-tip - Creamed Corn, Fingerling Potatoes, Blackberry Vinaigrette. This was a little of a mixed bag...the meat had really good flavor, but being a tri-tip, it was a little tough to cut.
DSC_0599_zpsyanos5ox.jpg

Sesame and Ginger-crusted Salmon - Coconut Red Rice, Mint, Golden Bell Pepper-Miso-Lime Broth. The salmon was really good. The fish was tender and flakey and the crust was slightly crunchy.
DSC_0594_zpsg6vgfxfe.jpg

Side Note: They were offering a Bengal Rice Plate, which includes your choice of two regular Skewers served on a bed of Jasmine Rice with a side of Citrus-Miso Slaw for $15.99. The highest priced skewers that qualified were $5 each, so you're basically paying $6 for the rice and slaw. It seemed kind of expensive to me.
DSC_0533_zpseonz2kz2.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more! I ordered this a while back and while I liked the rice and slaw, it was not enough rice or slaw to justify the price tag. If it was double the portions, absolutely, especially since I shared it with my young son. But with the current portions, it's way overpriced in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!