Multiple use year transfer of pts to another member

rookie1255

Earning My Ears
I have multiple contracts with different UYs. Say I transferred points to another member from one contract that had a DEC 2020 UY. Would I then be able to transfer points to someone else using a different contract with a JAN 2021 UY?

Would that count as different "use years" or does it need to be a full calendar year?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

The points need to be in different UY. It does not matter how "close" they are to one another from a calendar perspective, so long as one is in 2020 and one is in 2021.

There are no January Use Years.

DVC Memberships may be composed of multiple contracts. DVC Members are allowed to transfer out/in of the current and next Use Year for each Membership they own. If you have contracts with different Use Years, then you have multiple Memberships as all contracts in a single Membership will have the same Use Year.

Currently, all DVC Members are still in their 2020 Use Year and are allowed to transfer out/in the 2020 and 2021 Use Year.

On February 1, 2021 those with a Feb UY will be allowed to transfer from/to their 2021 and 2022 UY but only those with a Feb 2021 UY would be able to accept a transfer of points from a 2022 UY.

As we get further into the 2022 Use Year more Members will be able to transfer points from/to their 2022 Use Year.

Members with multiple contracts in the same Membership would be allowed to transfer points from a single contract or multiple contracts - but that Membership will still be limited to a single transfer (in or out) for the Use Year.

Once transferred the DVC points will retain their original Use Year (month) and Home Resort status. They may also be banked into the following Use Year, but may NOT be borrowed for a reservation prior to the start of the Use Year of the transferred points.

I hope this helps.

There are no January Use Years.

DVC Memberships may be composed of multiple contracts. DVC Members are allowed to transfer out/in of the current and next Use Year for each Membership they own. If you have contracts with different Use Years, then you have multiple Memberships as all contracts in a single Membership will have the same Use Year.

Currently, all DVC Members are still in their 2020 Use Year and are allowed to transfer out/in the 2020 and 2021 Use Year.

On February 1, 2021 those with a Feb UY will be allowed to transfer from/to their 2021 and 2022 UY but only those with a Feb 2021 UY would be able to accept a transfer of points from a 2022 UY.

As we get further into the 2022 Use Year more Members will be able to transfer points from/to their 2022 Use Year.

Members with multiple contracts in the same Membership would be allowed to transfer points from a single contract or multiple contracts - but that Membership will still be limited to a single transfer (in or out) for the Use Year.

I hope this helps.
Since there are 8 use years in a calendar year then a member who owned contracts in each use year could theoretically make 8 transfers of points, or potentially 16 if also considering making transfers now for the following use year. Is that correct?

That is correct.

At the beginning of each Use Year the member may call MS and make two transfers from any Membership(s) with that Use Year - one from the current Use Year and one from the next.

On February 1, 2021 a Member with a February Use Year would be able to transfer from their February, 2021 and 2022 Use Years to another Member. Those wanting to transfer points from their 2021 Use Year could transfer to any other DVC Member. Those wanting to transfer their Feb, 2022 points could transfer ONLY to those also in their 2021 Use Year.

That is correct.

At the beginning of each Use Year the member may call MS and make two transfers from any Membership(s) with that Use Year - one from the current Use Year and one from the next.

On February 1, 2021 a Member with a February Use Year would be able to transfer from their February, 2021 and 2022 Use Years to another Member. Those wanting to transfer points from their 2021 Use Year could transfer to any other DVC Member. Those wanting to transfer their Feb, 2022 points could transfer ONLY to those also in their 2021 Use Year.
Thanks Doc.

Since there are 8 use years in a calendar year then a member who owned contracts in each use year could theoretically make 8 transfers of points, or potentially 16 if also considering making transfers now for the following use year. Is that correct?

To add, if you have more than one contract, and want to transfer some from one and some from the other, they can only go to one other person, even if the same call,

For example, I own SSR and BLT in my Dec UY. If I want to transfer some BLT and SSR points for 2020 UY, I can, but only to the same owner. I can’t send some to you and say some to someone else, even when doing it all at the same time.

It appears the OP has two different use year start months, which means he has two different memberships. If you have two memberships, which would be the case if you have contracts with two different use year start months, each is treated separately for the transfer rule and thus you can actually make up to four transfers at one time, two from one of the memberships for the current and next use year, and two from the other membership for the current and next use year.

What you should avoid, however, is trying to do all those transfers in a single call to MS, because the CM you get may incorrectly believe, as has happened often in the past, that you cannot possibly do more than one transfer at one time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter