• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mouskeeping tipping by a solo traveler...

Babyfatt

Mouseketeer
Hi fellow solo travelers. :wave2:

I'm going solo for six nights in December. I have a question regarding tipping.

Being that will be me and only me, how much should I tip every other day?

Since I won't be making a big mess I plan on leaving the "Do Not Disturb" sign out every two days.

How much would you recommend?

Hi Babyfatt

Like you, I'm pretty neat when I travel, especially solo. The only thing mousekeeping needs to do is make the bed, empty the trash and bring new towels when necessary.

Hope this helps!!! :teeth:

I will also be going solo 6 nights in December. ( 3rd to 9th )
I tip $2.00 per day. I usually tuck the $2.00 on the frame of the bathroom mirror. The other time I just put the $2.00
in the resort envelopes that are left in the drawer.
I put the words " To Mousekeeping " on it, and tuck it on the
bathroom mirror.

I plan on $2 a day.

My first two trips the housekeeper got that everyday. Except Jan. 1, 2000 when I tipped more. My last trip I had some issues with the cleanliness of the room and did not tip daily. Honestly, I should have called and had the issue resolved, but I shorted the tip instead.

Deb

Thanks for reminding me about Mousekeeping tips! I read that some folks get it ready in baggies at home and just leave one out per day. I will do that since I hope to not handle much cash while at WL. I think $2 per day is better than one chunk at the end of the trip since the people change out.

Hi ya,

When I went to disney on a solo trip I tipped housekeeping $2.00 everyother day.

I don't let the housekeeping clean my room on the day after my arrival, as I never make much mess and the I like to make my own bed.

I do a pretty good job keeping the room clean during trips anywhere, packing dirty clothes right into the suitcase and not leaving things out - that said, I still tip between $3-$5/day depending on what bills I have available to me. I figure that my being overly generous makes that CM day, I'm ok with that. I've gotten some great towel animals, extra shampoo's, etc from the tip and that makes my day, so it is worth it to me.

diane

::MickeyMo JUST GOT BACK FROM DISNEY WORLD(HAD A GREAT TIME DOING IT SOLO) I DID TIP HOUSEKEEPING $5 PER DAY.MY MAID IN TURN GAVE ME EXTRAS AS FAR AS SOAPS,SHAMPOOS,ETC. AND DID FANCY THINGS WITH THE WASH CLOTHS AND TOLIET PAPER. MET HER PERSONALLY MY LAST DAY AND SHE THANK ME.

Carol ~

Welcome back! Thanks for the tipping "tip"!

:D

I read through all the post yesterday and was thinking between $3-5, but seriously learning toward $5 per day. I'll do that now for sure. Will be there 2 days alone, not doing any parks - any sugggestions? Staying at POFQ - seemd a good choice given it's smaller size. May I ask where you stayed this time?

Thanks!::MinnieMo
Christine
bacibecky@rcn.com

Where did you leave the tip? Thanks!

:earsgirl: I STAYED AT THE HOLIDAY INN ON HOTEL PLAZA BLVD,NEAR DOWNTOWN DISNEY. GREAT LOCATION. CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN DISNEY THAT I COULD WALK IF I WANTED. LEFT THE EVELOPE ON THE PILLOW EVERY MORNING.

When I'm alone, or even with DH, we only do mousekeeping every other day, too. I usually call mousekeeping in the morning and tell them we don't need service. I worked my way through college as a waitress, so I tend to overtip! I usually leave $5 when I do get service.

:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter