Mouse keeping

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi we will be staying at POFQ and would like to opt out of mouse keeping. I have read that they put credit your phone, how does this work plz and are there other options like the gift card they give you as part of the holiday package ? We would like to use the credit for drinks at epcot, is this possible ?. Also is there a limit they will credit you, we will be there for 12 nights 13 days.

Have you tried asking on the POFQ thread?

We are staying at riverside and found that thread very useful :)

I *think* this is only offered at certain resorts, I'm not sure which. I believe it’s something like $12 a day?

It’s only at certain resorts -⎌and u have to do it as soon as you get to the resort before u go to your room. It’s $10per day

We got this at POFQ in Feb. It was offered at check in and was $10 per night. It was given as a credit to our account so could be used for anything we paid for!

Thank you for replies,

We got this at POFQ in Feb. It was offered at check in and was $10 per night. It was given as a credit to our account so could be used for anything we paid for!
So when you say credit to your account is that on your magic band ?

Yes, we charged all tips / purchases etc to our magic bands and the credit was offset against this. We didn't have to do anything.

We were given the option at the POFQ.

Do not forget that you will get $10 per night minus one, so $110 for you. Also, you might be aware of the new “security checks” that Disney are doing in all their rooms: opting out of housekeeping will not opt you out of having a CM visiting your room daily.

Hi All, thinking of using this next year if it is still available then. Is it possible to get it as a gift card, just in case you don't spend the 'credit' amount applied to your room? If it is a gift card you could then use it subsequent years as they last forever.

Hi All, thinking of using this next year if it is still available then. Is it possible to get it as a gift card, just in case you don't spend the 'credit' amount applied to your room? If it is a gift card you could then use it subsequent years as they last forever.

Probably not, unless you can buy a gift card using credit on your account. To be honest, the credit amount is not really difficult to spend, you'd use it on Tips, Food and Drink very quickly.

Probably not, unless you can buy a gift card using credit on your account.

Can you do that? Sounds like it would work. Can you buy these at the big shop in Springs?

We will have QS dining plan which is plenty of food for us, so no tips or food to pay for and unlikely to buy $120 dollars on merch. However, in the future, we are planning another trip with family so will likely do TS dining plan, when we will have tips to pay, hence having the money on gift card to use for that trip would be useful.

I wonder if it's available no matter what the length of stay? We're staying for 21 nights, so I wouldn't really want to be without housekeeping that long, but $200 extra would be nice :thumbsup2

Can you do that? Sounds like it would work. Can you buy these at the big shop in Springs?

We will have QS dining plan which is plenty of food for us, so no tips or food to pay for and unlikely to buy $120 dollars on merch. However, in the future, we are planning another trip with family so will likely do TS dining plan, when we will have tips to pay, hence having the money on gift card to use for that trip would be useful.
You can only try, I've never done it.

I wonder if it's available no matter what the length of stay? We're staying for 21 nights, so I wouldn't really want to be without housekeeping that long, but $200 extra would be nice :thumbsup2

As i understand it it's not that you get no housekeeping it's just cut back to every few days. We had it last year and i think it was every 4 days they came. You can also always at any time call housekeeping to request more towls etc and they come pretty quick with those.
Not sure though if there is a max on the days , we were there 14 nights and got 13 days of $10 a day. They didn't/couldn't she said put it on a gift card so they emailed me the bar code which i just showed each time to spend and they scanned it off my phone no problem. The receipt you then get shows how much credit is left.

They didn't/couldn't she said put it on a gift card so they emailed me the bar code which i just showed each time to spend and they scanned it off my phone no problem. The receipt you then get shows how much credit is left.

Ah I see, maybe you could use this bar code to buy a gift card? We have a gift card voucher we need to redeem at the big shop in Springs when we get there in a few weeks, so may ask if they know about whether you can (a) buy a gift card and charge it back to the room or (b) use the bar code you mention to buy a gift card.

Ah I see, maybe you could use this bar code to buy a gift card? We have a gift card voucher we need to redeem at the big shop in Springs when we get there in a few weeks, so may ask if they know about whether you can (a) buy a gift card and charge it back to the room or (b) use the bar code you mention to buy a gift card.

Now that option never occured to me last year , would have been easier carrying a gift card than my phone every day as i do not usually lug that round on holiday. We're away again in 2 weeks time and hoping to get housekeeping option again this time round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!