motorized scooters

R_Judy

<font color=purple>U.S. Air Force Family<br><font
Does anyone know if you can ride these around FW? Buying three of these would be a heck of a lot cheaper than renting a golf cart for two weeks.

Originally posted by R_Judy
Does anyone know if you can ride these around FW? Buying three of these would be a heck of a lot cheaper than renting a golf cart for two weeks.

On our last trip in October, 2003, the paperwork given to us when we checked in said that these scooters were NOT allowed. We saw one being ridden when we were there. I have heard rumors that they are now allowed, but with restrictions about where they can be ridden.

As a practical matter, they don't really compare to golf carts. You can't ride them in the rain, or leave them where they can get rained on, so that seems to preclude riding them to the marina or bus stop because there is a risk of theft or damage from water. You can't load your laundry and take to and from the bathhouse, etc.

We own (and actually sell) these types of scooters, but plan to take bikes and rent a golf cart. I am really a bit disappointed if they are being allowed at FW because I see too many kids who are too young to handle any real speed riding them, oblivious to their surroundings and the danger they are to themselves and others. (Not saying that this is you, obviously, but I think that they will not be a positive addition to FW if they are truly legit to ride now.

P. S. If you can buy three scooters for a lot less than the current $576 it would cost to rent a golf cart for two weeks, I can pretty much guarantee that you will find that you have wasted whatever you spent on them. We have sold MANY scooters to those folks who bought from the guy on the side of the road selling for less than $200 each and within days or weeks realized they had junk with no value. And where is that guy who sold to them? Just a word of warning......

The November FW Gazette stated that motorized scooters were allowed, with the same restrictions as bicycles. I have to agree with FredS regarding safety with these. There were some pretty small kids going at a pretty good clip running people off the sidewalks. I think if FW is going to allow them, they should have the same restrictions regarding operators as the golf carts, plus some specific to motorized scooters like helmets.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest