Montana Meets Thread

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
OK, here it is! The Meets Thread for the new ABD Montana trip! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.

OK, here it is! The Meets Thread for the new ABD Montana trip! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.
Not booked for this year, hoping for 2017! going to follow along for future info.
we loved our southwest spendors trip and can't wait to travel with ABD again!

Not booked for this year, hoping for 2017! going to follow along for future info.
we loved our southwest spendors trip and can't wait to travel with ABD again!
I'm seriously considering the Montana trip for 2017, also. I really hope they do an Adults Only departure!

Sayhello

YEA!!! SAYHELLO! Glad to see you take the bull by the horns. We did this trip a number of years ago and really enjoyed it. I see they have improved the hotels in Banff and that should be really nice now.

YEA!!! SAYHELLO! Glad to see you take the bull by the horns. We did this trip a number of years ago and really enjoyed it. I see they have improved the hotels in Banff and that should be really nice now.
Actually, I'm looking at the new Montana "Big Sky" itinerary that focuses on Yellowstone and that area. (Although I might look at the Montana/Canada/Glacier one again, too).

Sayhello

We just traveled to Yellowstone with Nat. Geo. We chose them because they spend the most nights staying in the park itself. It was 4 nights and 2 nights in Jackson Hole / Grand Teton. ABD stays on a "dude ranch"for some of the time and we wanted more "park". The trip itself was run by Back Roads Inc. and it was fabulous.

We just traveled to Yellowstone with Nat. Geo. We chose them because they spend the most nights staying in the park itself. It was 4 nights and 2 nights in Jackson Hole / Grand Teton. ABD stays on a "dude ranch"for some of the time and we wanted more "park". The trip itself was run by Back Roads Inc. and it was fabulous.
Really? Backroads was the first travel company I ever took a guided tour with. I just haven't found an itinerary I've really liked. What was the name of the Nat. Geo tour? I may look into that!

Sayhello

It was he family tour which started in Bozeman Mt. and ended in Jackson Hole. One aspect I really liked was they used 3 new vans where everyone had a window seat. This allows the group to access more areas where large tour busses are not allowed to access. Plus like Tauck you order off the menu when you eat in restaurants. Backroads supplies the all guides (3) and vehicles as well as food and logistics while Nat. Geo supplies the name as well as one Nat. Geo. guide that specializes on the National Park(s) you visit.

It was he family tour which started in Bozeman Mt. and ended in Jackson Hole. One aspect I really liked was they used 3 new vans where everyone had a window seat. This allows the group to access more areas where large tour busses are not allowed to access. Plus like Tauck you order off the menu when you eat in restaurants. Backroads supplies the all guides (3) and vehicles as well as food and logistics while Nat. Geo supplies the name as well as one Nat. Geo. guide that specializes on the National Park(s) you visit.
This sounds really cool. I'll definitely have to look into it!

Sayhello

Floating this topic back up to the top to see if anyone has gone on this trip or has it booked? My wife and are now waffling on Greece or Montana for 2018. There hasn't been a lot of activity on the boards with people talking about this trip so I thought I would ask. I found a single review on Trip Advisor and they had nothing but bad things to say, I completely discounted that review as the trip was canceled on day two of the trip after being flooded out.

Has anyone taken this trip or know someone who has? Reading the review makes it sound very inviting for outdoor nature lovers. I even looked up the moon phases for 2018 so we can try to book the trip during a New Moon to maximize star gazing. Now the wait is on for the 2018 schedule release and see which way my wife decides to go for our planning.

My wife and I are booked for the 22 - 28 Aug 2018 Adult Only trip. We're looking forward to hearing if there are any other DISers going.

RebelHawk,
I've not yet done an ABD trip yet (but have done DL, WDW, DCL) but I would suggest Greece over the Montana trip. I lived many years in Montana and it is beautiful, but to me, there is no comparison to Greece. I took a private group tour there a few years ago and the sites were amazing, especially if you like historical sites.

Is anyone else on the July 5th, 2017 Montana - Canada itinerary? Would love to get to know who's going with us!

Last edited:
We are doing the Montana/Canada trip on Aug 6, 2018. Anyone else? Would be fun to connect!

Never noticed this trip, but this is one I would love to do with the kids! Wish there was a trip report!

Laurie

Hi! We are going on the July 1-7, 2018 Montana trip. It will be me, DH, DS12 and DS14. Hoping for some boys my sons' ages to be among the group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!