Monorail resorts pool hopping

seminole1820

Earning My Ears
I’m staying at BLT later this month. I’ve never really pool hopped before but like the Poly pool. Am I able to pool hop there?

You can also use the Contemporary Pool. I have to say, though, that if you have kids, it's worth the stay at Poly to use their splash pad area. It was my kids' (3 and 5) favorite part of our trip this past summer.

Thanks. I may try GF pool. It’s adult only trip for Food and wine fest so no kids to consider for where to go. I’ll definitely use contemporary pool too. For some reason I don’t just love the BLT pool.

Thanks. I may try GF pool. It’s adult only trip for Food and wine fest so no kids to consider for where to go. I’ll definitely use contemporary pool too. For some reason I don’t just love the BLT pool.

I was suprised how small it was when we stayed there last year. We were not big fans of that pool. The one at Poly was very nice.

The Contemporary has two pools in addition to the BLT pool.

We are staying at Pop but have some time before the MNSSHP. Can we go to Wilderness Lodge pool to swim and hang at the resort?

We are also eating at Chef Mickey's - can we swim there?

We are staying at Pop but have some time before the MNSSHP. Can we go to Wilderness Lodge pool to swim and hang at the resort?

As per the rules - no to Wilderness Lodge and maybe to Contemporary. It depends on capacity, and it says you are supposed to be staying on your membership, but are probably ok just showing your card. Really, you're probably ok using that pool even without presenting your card, it's not a whole lot better than the Pop pool anyway.

As per the rules - no to Wilderness Lodge and maybe to Contemporary. It depends on capacity, and it says you are supposed to be staying on your membership, but are probably ok just showing your card. Really, you're probably ok using that pool even without presenting your card, it's not a whole lot better than the Pop pool anyway.
If you didn't book your stay using your own DVC points at a DVC resort, you cannot pool hop. You are restricted to using the pool at the resort you booked for cash. You can visit the Wilderness Lodge, shop there, dine there, sit in the lobby, rent a boat there, but that's about it.

Pool hopping isn't just a membership perk, it's a perk when you use your points. There are lots of rules and limitations to pool hopping.

How it Works
Swim, slide, splash, play and lounge—with several unique pool options to suit your style.

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:
  • The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
  • Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
  • Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels
Note: Capacity limits and blockout dates apply. To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit.

You must present your MagicBand or valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card to use the other Resort hotel pools.

Know Before You Go
View details about capacity limits, blockout dates, excluded pools and more.

Capacity Limitations

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.

Blockout Dates

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:
  • Friday, May 25, 2018 through Monday, May 28, 2018
  • Sunday, July 1, 2018 through Saturday, July 7, 2018
  • Friday, August 31, 2018 through Monday, September 3, 2018
  • Monday, November 19, 2018 through Saturday, November 24, 2018
  • Friday, December 21, 2018 through Wednesday, January 2, 2019
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Important Information
  • Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
    • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
    • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
    • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
    • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
    • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
    • Boulder Ridge Cove Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Other restricted dates than those listed above may be added based on projected pool capacity or maintenance needs.
  • Alternative pool use is subject to change or discontinuation at the sole discretion of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
  • Complimentary alternative pool use (pool hopping) is not considered a Membership Extra. This benefit is offered to all Disney Vacation Club Members, regardless of how they purchased.

Last edited:
If you didn't book your stay using your own DVC points, you cannot pool hop. You are restricted to using the pool at the resort you booked for cash. You can visit the Wilderness Lodge, shop there, dine there, sit in the lobby, rent a boat there, but that's about it.

Yes, you're right there. I didn't outright say "no" because they could be at Pop on exchanged points.
Their website states "When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort..."

Yes, you're right there. I didn't outright say "no" because they could be at Pop on exchanged points.
Their website states "When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort..."
Correct. Pop Century is not a DVC resort. So they don't qualify for pool hopping.

Correct. Pop Century is not a DVC resort. So they don't qualify for pool hopping.

That second "at any Disney World Resort" piece is kind of odd, though. Does that mean if you stay as a member at any Disney Resort, or only if you spend points to stay at that resort? It's a little gray.
In all practicality, as long as a pool is not crowded, I doubt a lifeguard would check anyway, and if they do, they would just look at a membership card, not to see specifically how you paid to stay somewhere. Not encouraging skirting the rules, just pointing out obvious flaws in the system.

That second "at any Disney World Resort" piece is kind of odd, though. Does that mean if you stay as a member at any Disney Resort, or only if you spend points to stay at that resort? It's a little gray.
The term “at Walt Disney World Resort” is what most would refer to as simply “at Walt Disney World” as the “resort” encompasses not only the hotels but four theme parks and two water parks.

That second "at any Walt Disney World Resort" piece is kind of odd, though. Does that mean if you stay as a member at any Disney Resort, or only if you spend points to stay at that resort? It's a little gray.
In all practicality, as long as a pool is not crowded, I doubt a lifeguard would check anyway, and if they do, they would just look at a membership card, not to see specifically how you paid to stay somewhere. Not encouraging skirting the rules, just pointing out obvious flaws in the system.

You added the "any" - that is not what it says though. It's really not odd or a little gray if you don't add to it.

You added the "any" - that is not what it says though. It's really not odd or a little gray if you don't add to it.

So I did. Don't know how I did that. I managed to confuse myself there. Sorry about that.
So the answer is a simple "no", and in my opinion the Contemporary pool probably isn't worth the effort anyway.

Last edited:
So I did. Don't know how I did that. I managed to confuse myself there. Sorry about that.
So the answer is a simple "no", and in my opinion the Contemporary pool probably isn't worth the effort anyway.
Here is what it says: "When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort," It doesn't say any Disney Resort at WDW.

It means you can't pool hop at WDW if you are staying at HHI, Aulani, GCV. And there is no pool hopping at GCV or the DL Resort hotels. If you are staying at VB, you can pool hop to the WDW pools that permit pool hopping.

Last edited:
Here is what it says: "When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort," It doesn't say any Disney Resort at WDW.

It means you can't pool hop at WDW if you are staying at HHI, Aulani, GCV. And there is no pool hopping at GCV or the DL Resort hotels. If you are staying at VB, you can pool hop to the WDW pools that permit pool hopping.

But I want to pool hop to BWV when staying at Aulani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter