• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Money,Money,Money!!!!

I agree with you RLM, she sounds very responsible. It would not be right for you to tell her how to spend money she worked for and saved. That should be her decision, not yours. It's pretty doubtful that any 13 year old that saved that much money would just blow it.

I've never heard of the VISABUX's. That sounds like a great idea. Also the room key charging does work well, but it is difficult to tell who bought what.

I just wanted to add that I, too, think it's great that your daughter has earned and saved that much money!
My gut feeling is if she has earned and saved it, she has, along the way, learned the value of the buck. And, if she hasn't, it is still her money to spend as she sees fit.
If she blows is all and regrets it, that may well be enough lesson for her.
On the other hand, she sounds like a very responsible person, so that probably would not be a problem.
My only suggestion is, if you go with one of the debit cards, make sure she keeps a little cash for pop, etc, as carts don't take VISA.....lol!

I commend you for having such a daughter!!

My 12 year old son saved about $150 for our 9 day trip this past September. He had trouble spending it. We divided it up by days, and it really seemed as some days he was just spending it to get it spent. There were definitely things he bought just to "use" up the money. Unless, you're buying clothes items which definitely cost more, $15-20 a day is plenty.

Buying things just to spend money? You sound like your're describing my DW's spending habits sometimes. :rolleyes:

jfulcer- Now I would NEVER do that.

This last trip I had a certain amount to 'blow'. On our last day, we just had to go back to AKL and visit that wonderful gift shop again! I was adding up exactly what I had left to spend. I wonder where my son got it from?!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter