Modifying a Bounceback Booking

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to modify/change resorts or dates on a BB after you return home? If so, do you have to call there is no link with my reservation.

Yes, you have to call the number for bounce back reservations, but you can change as long as the dates and resort you want are available with that offer.

Is it possible to modify/change resorts or dates on a BB after you return home? If so, do you have to call there is no link with my reservation.
Yes, but you have to call in order to do it. I was able to change a bounceback reservation that I made in March to a different resort yesterday. We had originally wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge when I made the BB reservation in March, but there wasn't any availability at that time. So we booked Yacht Club instead. We still wanted to try to stay at the Wilderness Lodge so I called the BB phone number and was very pleased to be able to switch to the Wilderness Lodge. Our reservation number remained the same and they applied our original deposit to the new resort. The phone message when you call will say that only people currently staying in a Disney resort can use this number, but don't let that stop you from talking to a CM.

Good luck. :)

Yes, like @Wood Nymph, we switched to WL. We had originally booked CSR, but I started to get nervous about construction. Called the bounceback line and they were able to do it by looping in Guest Services. If you are changing dates, the new dates have to be included in the original offer. And, of course, there has to be availability.

I have been successful in moving the dates and resort so I always book one. I like having a "sure thing" for a future trip.

I called yesterday and was able to add a night to the bounceback I booked last week.

Were you able to get the bounceback rate when you added the extra night?
Yes. I just did this last week. I added an extra night to out WL BB reservation June 9-11 at the original BB rate. Was happy that there was still availability so close to our arrival.

Happy to report that we were able to switch our resorts for December that we had booked a BB for! Originally booked All Star Sports but had wanted All Stars Movies or Pop to try one of the refurb rooms! Nothing was available, but called yesterday and Movies had opened up and we were able to switch!

New Question:
We have NO experience with the DDP. Can you add the dining plan to a BB offer and not make it a pkg.? We got a good price for the room and want to buy our tickets through AAA.

New Question:
We have NO experience with the DDP. Can you add the dining plan to a BB offer and not make it a pkg.? We got a good price for the room and want to buy our tickets through AAA.

Any time a dining plan is added, it will be a package. If you have an annual pass, you can book a ticketless package & add dining. But anyone else must add tickets to book a dining plan.

Another New Question:
One of my family members will be staying on property next month. While there, he wants to book a package for all of us (7 people) using the current bounce back offer, but this will be the first time any of us have booked using a bounce back. My question is, if he books a multi-room reservation for all of us and then we decide later we don't need as many rooms (same number of people, just fewer rooms), can we remove a room from the reservation without loosing the bounce back offer of free dining? Or, on the flip side, if he books fewer rooms initially, can he then add a room at a later time and keep the bounce back offer (again, same number of people, just an extra room)?

Another New Question:
One of my family members will be staying on property next month. While there, he wants to book a package for all of us (7 people) using the current bounce back offer, but this will be the first time any of us have booked using a bounce back. My question is, if he books a multi-room reservation for all of us and then we decide later we don't need as many rooms (same number of people, just fewer rooms), can we remove a room from the reservation without loosing the bounce back offer of free dining? Or, on the flip side, if he books fewer rooms initially, can he then add a room at a later time and keep the bounce back offer (again, same number of people, just an extra room)?

Bounce Backs need to be booked before you leave the property, so all rooms booked need to be done before departure. As to multiple rooms, your family can book one in his name, however any other adult in the room may also book a room. Your family member cannot be lead guest on more than one room.

WE are 7 on this trip and have booked a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West. It is Free Dining, so very good rate. Perhaps if ther is only one family member able to book a BB and if OWK is included, perhaps consider that route.

Bounce Backs need to be booked before you leave the property, so all rooms booked need to be done before departure. As to multiple rooms, your family can book one in his name, however any other adult in the room may also book a room. Your family member cannot be lead guest on more than one room.

WE are 7 on this trip and have booked a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West. It is Free Dining, so very good rate. Perhaps if ther is only one family member able to book a BB and if OWK is included, perhaps consider that route.

Thank you @Nancyg56! That was exactly the information I needed. I was not aware that each adult could book only ONE room when booking a bounce back offer. Also, the info about Old Key West has steered me in a good direction.

Thank you @Nancyg56! That was exactly the information I needed. I was not aware that each adult could book only ONE room when booking a bounce back offer. Also, the info about Old Key West has steered me in a good direction.

We have never stayed there but my DD came by so we could do some "back up" planning in case we needed to change our resort to take advantage of FD, and decided that OKW would fit our needs if necessary. I have no idea what teh BB this year is, but if OKW FD is on the list and your dates work, consider it. WE saves $4300.00. Actually more, because the rate for the two rooms I had booked at BC, our first choice, was over $5,000.00 more for the same package. I have continued to search as new offers are available, as well as mine and my DD's UOC. The CM told me that he tried every configurations and could not come close.

A question, my husband and I have an upcoming stay in early September (one room) and next year would like to treat to a WDW vacation my husbands adult grandson, his wife and their baby who will be 2 1/2 by the time we want to travel in 2019. Can I make the reservations for two rooms?

A question, my husband and I have an upcoming stay in early September (one room) and next year would like to treat to a WDW vacation my husbands adult grandson, his wife and their baby who will be 2 1/2 by the time we want to travel in 2019. Can I make the reservations for two rooms?

Can you modify a bounceback reservation after the booking deadline has passed? My daughter booked the free dining bounceback when she was there in August 2019 - travel dates are September 9-13, 2020. With all of the Coronavirus stuff going on, due to her job she may not be able to travel in September now and wants to possibly move the trip to the May 26-June 2 date range, subject to availability of course. Obviously, the free dining bounceback booking deadline has passed. Can it still be modified? I called the bounceback booking number and spoke with a CM who said that since that offer has expired, it can't be modified and if we moved the trip to a different date we would lose the free dining. Just wanted to confirm that he's correct - I know how CM can give misinformation sometimes. I hope he's wrong!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter