Moderate resort for mid August 2018

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm trying to book a resort for mid August 2018. This trip is a bit last minute but I've been to Disney several times before. I had my heart set on the Caribbean Beach Resort, but now I understand it's under major renovations.

I want somewhere quiet as I plan to go the parks in the morning and evening, and spend the afternoon swimming and reading by the pool.

I'd love to hear opinions on where I should stay. I've looked at Coronado Springs, and I wonder if the conference centre has a big impact on the atmosphere. I'm also open to the values, but I'm wondering if the rooms (especially the beds) will be less comfortable.

Hi All,

I'm trying to book a resort for mid August 2018. This trip is a bit last minute but I've been to Disney several times before. I had my heart set on the Caribbean Beach Resort, but now I understand it's under major renovations.

I want somewhere quiet as I plan to go the parks in the morning and evening, and spend the afternoon swimming and reading by the pool.

I'd love to hear opinions on where I should stay. I've looked at Coronado Springs, and I wonder if the conference centre has a big impact on the atmosphere. I'm also open to the values, but I'm wondering if the rooms (especially the beds) will be less comfortable.

If you're looking for a Moderate without construction you're limited to POR or POFQ. CSR also has a large tower being constructed.

Pop Century is nearly completely renovated now, with (in our experience) really comfortable pillow-top queen beds. Double beds are all gone now at Pop Century.

If you're looking for a Moderate without construction you're limited to POR or POFQ. CSR also has a large tower being constructed.
I guess that explains why room rates for those two are quite a bit higher than the Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs ; (

So right now I'm thinking Pop or Art of Animation. Does anyone have an opinion on my options? I know Pop was just renovated. I don't love the style (I find the pop-down bed odd, but i could just keep the bed down all the time.

I stayed at CBR last year, also during renovations, and didn't experience noise at all! We ended up across the hall from one of the village market locations and still didn't get disturbed. I would definitely stay there again.

No opinion on the moderates because the only one I ever stayed in was CBR many years ago BUT I wanted to let you know that since you are booking last-minute you could possibly get a great deal on a Disney room through Priceline. There's a somewhat easy enough way to figure out if it is a Disney room and the Discount Code boards have a good thread on it. Someone on there just got Boardwalk Inn for about $185 per night. I believe Pop and POFQ was coming up on there also. So you might get that a try. You could end up getting a nicer resort than you budgeted for.

FWIW My sister and her family were at CBR July 4-9, 2018. They were in a building closest to a new building being constructed. They were in the parks morning and late (approx. 7pm-10pm). They took pool break at CBR every afternoon, ate dinner at the tent buffet (which they loved - as well as the breakfast buffet). She said the construction never impacted them in anyway - no noise, and she didn't even look at it much b/c of the direction you walk to the pool and buffet tent. They had surprise characters at the pool one afternoon! Goofy, Donald and Daisy came and danced and did selfies at the main pool! (My sister is probably on the less picky end of personalities, but she swears the construction was no big deal - again, she wasn't attempting to sleep in late or nap mid afternoon, so YMMV on that.)
I probably would choose POR or POFQ during CBR/CSR renovations, but offering the above in case those are sold out. If you have young adult sons as she does, you'll love the all you can eat buffet for breakfast and dinner. (There were ala carte choices too.)

So right now I'm thinking Pop or Art of Animation. Does anyone have an opinion on my options? I know Pop was just renovated. I don't love the style (I find the pop-down bed odd, but i could just keep the bed down all the time.
The walk to the main building from all the Standard rooms at AofA is a hike and I find the blue walls in the LM rooms dank and depressing.

No opinion on the moderates because the only one I ever stayed in was CBR many years ago BUT I wanted to let you know that since you are booking last-minute you could possibly get a great deal on a Disney room through Priceline. There's a somewhat easy enough way to figure out if it is a Disney room and the Discount Code boards have a good thread on it. Someone on there just got Boardwalk Inn for about $185 per night. I believe Pop and POFQ was coming up on there also. So you might get that a try. You could end up getting a nicer resort than you budgeted for.

Wow! Thanks for the tip. I had no idea. If I book through Priceline, do I still get to use Disney's Magical Express?

The walk to the main building from all the Standard rooms at AofA is a hike and I find the blue walls in the LM rooms dank and depressing.

Yeah, I agree with you there. And it feels extra long in the heat when you've just returned from the park. I do love the quiet pool near the standard rooms though.

FWIW My sister and her family were at CBR July 4-9, 2018. They were in a building closest to a new building being constructed. They were in the parks morning and late (approx. 7pm-10pm). They took pool break at CBR every afternoon, ate dinner at the tent buffet (which they loved - as well as the breakfast buffet). She said the construction never impacted them in anyway - no noise, and she didn't even look at it much b/c of the direction you walk to the pool and buffet tent. They had surprise characters at the pool one afternoon! Goofy, Donald and Daisy came and danced and did selfies at the main pool! (My sister is probably on the less picky end of personalities, but she swears the construction was no big deal - again, she wasn't attempting to sleep in late or nap mid afternoon, so YMMV on that.)
I probably would choose POR or POFQ during CBR/CSR renovations, but offering the above in case those are sold out. If you have young adult sons as she does, you'll love the all you can eat buffet for breakfast and dinner. (There were ala carte choices too.)

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter