This is the first time ever for me and DD20 to attend MNSSHP! Last July after our trip to Beijing, Seoul and Hong Kong (my home town), I was first planning to visit Japan and Seoul this summer. Two weeks later, DD told me she had to take MCAT this summer (August 11), I had to change plan. At that time I still had a DCL placeholder booking expiring in 20 days. I quickly decided to have another Disney trip. Then a one-week cruise has been expanded to a 3-week vacation to UO, Western Western Caribbean on the Fantasy then the happiest place on Earth, WDW.

I then followed the 2016 MNSSHP thread closely and researched on past years' party dates. Hoping that the first party would be on September 1, I extended our WDW stay to the Sunday before Labour Day (wishing to attend Club Villains as well on September 2 if it's back :sad1:). I was thrilled to learn that both MNSSHP and F&W started early this year. It was like a dream come true to be able to attend the two WDW events that I had been longing for quite a long while!

We will be attending two parties: August 29 and September 1. This will give us the time we need to experience as much festivities as possible. I don't have detailed plans for now since no specific info has been out about what characters would be there for M&G and the timing of it. Our rough plan is as follows.

August 29:
We are Disneybounding as Pooh (DD) and Tigger (me). I bought an Ursula costume but DD wouldn't want to be Flounder or Sabestian or Ariel. Sigh... I will save that for later.

EP in the morning
Express Bus to MK
12:00 Jungle Navigation-lunch
Either stay at MK or
go back to BC for a break
3:30 enter MK using PH tickets
4:00 get wristbands
(Fantasy Faire booth)
4:10-5:45 Jack & Sally
5:50-6:10 Grab dinner from CHH
(Bring containers for food to go)
6:20-7:20 Moana
(If she will be there)
7:30-8:30 Pooh and the Gang
(We both are hugh Pooh fans!)
8:30 HM Magic Shot
9:10 stakeout for Hallowishes
(Try to get a spot for fireworks not the parade around the Hub)
Grab snack
10:15-10:30 Hallowishes
10:40 Trick or Treat
11:00-11:40 BTY Parade
11:45 Magic Shots
12:00 Hocus Pocus Show

September 1
We will be in costume as Nick (DD) and Judy (me).

AK in the morning
11:00 EP for F&W
Break back to BC
Back to EP for snacks
Express Bus to MK
4:00 get wristbands
(Monsters Inc. booth)
5:00-7:00 7 Dwarves
7:00-8:30 Fab 4
8:30-9:30 Mickey
Line up for characters that DD wants to meet or ride rides
Any missed Magic Shots
Trick or treat
Watch shows or parade if we miss any at the first party
Go with the flow and have fun
(May stake out on Main Street for Judy and Nick if they will come out to party as last year)

Happy planning everyone!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just finally finalized our trip. Party night sept 15 (& maybe 17) - thinking about doing the Hallowishes desert party thoughts? Our goals for the party will be characters, HM once & parade, fireworks - no other rides

Really don't like the changes they made this year. I'll be watching all the posted itineraries for revisions too.

I know I need to look at all my perfectly layed plans and rearrange them, but I'm kind of putting it off until after the first parties. I don't want to get attached to my plans and have to rework them again. Or maybe I'm just making excuses to procrastinate? ;)

Okay my costume is complete! Here it is: The Little Newsie

OMG! This is amazing! So adorable!!!!!

I know I need to look at all my perfectly layed plans and rearrange them, but I'm kind of putting it off until after the first parties. I don't want to get attached to my plans and have to rework them again. Or maybe I'm just making excuses to procrastinate? ;) OMG! This is amazing! So adorable!!!!!

I think those of us who are planning to attend later on should be fine waiting but for those who are leaving earlier you might want to secure time for parade & fireworks hopefully Disney will inform us of more changes and or additions before you all head out but I doubt it.

Party Date = Tuesday, October 3rd, 2 Adults, a 15yo girl (stepD), and a 5yo girl (DD)

DD = Belle
The rest of us were going to Disney Bound, but now I'm thinking about just doing Halloween shirts, because DH and stepD give me funny looks when I try to explain Disney Bounding.

This party plan utilizes our current BBB appointment, which I hope to move back to 6:00 or up to 10/11 AM. This plan would have us arriving LATE to our BBB appointment, not sure how much of a grace period they allow. The CM I spoke with this morning when trying to reschedule just said to get there "as soon as we can" and they would work my daughter in, but I don't know if there is a hard cutoff when you lose your appointment. She asked me where we are meeting Moana, because she didn't even know she was at the Halloween party, lol. So I guess I helped a CM out today, haha.

11:30 - Leave Poly via Water Taxi or Ferry
12:00 - Enter MK with Park Ticket
12:10-12:35 - Me/DD, Meet Cinderella/Elena, FP 12:10-1:10
12:25-12:45 - DH/stepD, BTMM, FP 12:25-1:25
12:45 - Me/DD find a spot for FOF Parade (hub/near Main St, in front of Plaza Restaurant)
Tag Team - DH/stepD pick up QS lunch and bring it to parade spot
12:45-2:50 - FOF Parade (how long will it take the parade to circle the hub?)
3:00-3:25 - Me/DD, Meet Rapunzel/Tiana, FP 3:00-4:00
3:05-3:25 - DH/stepD, PotC, FP 3:05-4:05
3:25-3:35 - All get in line for wristband pickup at Tortuga Tavern
4:00 - Get wristbands at Tortuga Tavern
4:05 - I get in Moana M&G line
4:15-4:35 - Other 3, 7DMT, FP 4:05-5:05 (is 10 minutes enough time to walk to 7DMT?)
4:35-5:00 - DH/DD/stepD pick up snacks on the way back to Moana M&G line
5:00-5:50 - Wait on and meet Moana
5:50 - Me/DD Book it to BBB as fast as we can walk/stroll
6:00 - 8:30 - Me/DD BBB, Reserv. 5:30 (will they let us be this late?) (try to move to 6)
Tag Team - DH/stepD do whatever they want
8:15 - DH/stepD find spot for BTY/Hallowishes by Casey's Corner (will this work for both?) (I want to be able to see castle projections)
8:30-9:10 - Me/stepD pick up QS dinner/merch (Dinner/Emporium)
9:15 BTY Parade
10:15-10:30 Hallowishes
10:30-11:30 Trick or Treating (See Note 1 below)
11:30 - Find spot in Hub (in front of partners statue) for last Hocus Pocus show
12:00 Hocus Pocus

Note 1 - ToT Path 10:30-11:30...
-Leave Casey's Corner and head to Adventureland
-ToT at Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, and PotC Queue
-Circle around backside of Adventureland to Liberty Square
-ToT at Liberty Square Riverboat Landing
-Arrive at HM (DH/stepD will ride if line is short enough, watch "show" out front)
-Rapunzel Tower - Get lantern Magic Shot if line is short enough
-ToT at Pinocchio Village Haus, then Mickey's Philharmagic
-Walk through castle to hub for Hocus Pocus viewing

Note 2 - The only party merch I want will be the Halloween shirts. Where can I buy them? I can run buy them while we are waiting on BTY/Hallowishes while everyone else holds down our spots or grab them along the ToT trail.

Obviously this plan will work better if we can move BBB to 10/11 that morning or 6:00. If I absolutely CANNOT get BBB moved to an appropriate time and I can't be 30 minutes late for our appointment, then I will plan to arrive to BBB 30-45 minutes early hoping to get in a bit earlier and will have to figure out almost exactly what time DH/stepD need to get in line to meet Moana so that we can meet her when BBB is done. It will be tricky timing since I can't be sure exactly how long BBB will take. I would guess that we would need to be in line to meet Moana so that we will actually meet her between 7-7:30. We would probably aim for 7:30 because DD will be ok waiting for a little while and I would hate for DH/stepD to get in the line too early and we aren't done with BBB.

Last edited:

This is the first time ever for me and DD to attend MNSSHP!
We will be attending two parties: August 29 and September 1.

Here is a tentative itinerary, but I'll come back to this post to update.

Hi and thanks for posting your itineraries if you all could follow Post 364 for timing. Please include the date of your party and who's attending along with age that would help us to give you better advise. Thanks! :flower3:

Also your Itineraries have been posted to Post #1

Hi and thanks for posting your itineraries if you all could follow Post 364 for timing. Please include the date of your party and who's attending along with age that would help us to give you better advise. Thanks! :flower3:

Also your Itineraries have been posted to Post #1

I edited my post. Hopefully that will help with the advice!

I edited my post. Hopefully that will help with the advice!

Thanks for updating but you also need to work on the time.
Example:
3pm Be at gate
4:00-5:20 Jack & Sally M&G
5:25-5:45 FP Elena Scheduled for 5:30-6:30
6:00-7:20 Minnie M&G
Note: Blue is the time you should be there and Red is when you should be done and allow 5-10 minutes to get from Point A to Point B.

7DMT FP = 4:05-5:05 > should read: 4:05-4:25 7DMT FP

FYI you should only need 20 minutes to ride not an hour. :flower3:

I'm happy to share our plan - it may be different than others because our trip is a little different this time. Disney isn't the main focus of our trip this time, we are planning to spend a week at the beach, but being so close we couldn't at least spend a day at the park, so decided to do MNSSHP. We are also spending one day at Universal the day after the party. We had planned to do Universal earlier in the week, but some things got changed with our flights and so we've moved the Universal Day...this means we're going to try and watch the first parade and leave earlier than midnight...we'll see if that happens!

Party Date: Tuesday, October 24th
Attending: Me and DD (9)

So...because we just have the one MK day, we are going to spend more time than usual riding the rides and we'll of course do some trick-or-treating, but we won't be looking to meet too many characters. This is okay for us because we met quite a few characters last year. If there is anyone new added for this year *cough Moana cough* then we may add that into our plans as well.

Arrive 3:20-3:30 and be let in when they open up the MNSSHP line
4:00 p.m. - Pick up SotMK card at the Firehouse
4:15 p.m. - get a picture by the pumpkins on Main Street w/castle in background
4:30 p.m. - head to tomorrowland, FP+ for Space Mountain and FP+ for Tomorrowland Speedway (we missed this last trip because of lines) - ride rides and grab dinner
6:00 p.m. - head to fantasyland, meet Minnie, Daisy, Donald (line length depending), ride rides - at 7:00 trick or treat toward Liberty Square/Frontierland
7:00 p.m. - ride rides and Trick or Treat in Liberty Square/Frontierland/Adventureland
8:30 p.m. - get a sweet treat (waiting to see what is offered this year, but probably a funnel cake) and get a spot for the parade
9:15 p.m. - Watch parade
9:35 p.m. - Head to old Wishes FP+ area in front of Casey's to get a spot for Once Upon a Time and Hallowishes
10:15 p.m. - Hallowishes
10:45 p.m. - Maybe Hocus Pocus Show (depending on if DD wants to watch it and how bad the crowd is!)
*We'll either head out after Hallowishes or after doing a few more things depending on what DD wants to do!

Do we have confirmed times from Disney for the Parade, and the Fireworks for 2017 MNSSHP parties? If the parade is 9:15p, I think it conflicts with the Halloween Dessert Party, since parade viewing is not included this year....just fireworks viewing from the terrace.

Do we have confirmed times from Disney for the Parade, and the Fireworks for 2017 MNSSHP parties? If the parade is 9:15p, I think it conflicts with the Halloween Dessert Party, since parade viewing is not included this year....just fireworks viewing from the terrace.
Yes, these times are confirmed. Those doing the dessert party will either need to catch the second parade or plan to arrive late to the terrace.

Parade at 9:15 and 11:15
Fireworks at 10:15

It took me so long to figure how to get ears on clips work. With trial and error, finally got the Pooh and Tigger ears done. They stay even if I shake my head like crazy. Will bring extra clips on the trip for reinforcement just in case.

Now onto the bunny ears. They are longer and heavier. It's going to be a challenge and I am leaving on Saturday. Haven't started packing yet!

IMG_8438.JPG
IMG_8448.JPG

This is our first time going to MK Halloween party. The headless hours-man is only out for the parade right? Where is the best place to watch the parade if your using an ECV how early should you get there?

It took me so long to figure how to get ears on clips work. With trial and error, finally got the Pooh and Tigger ears done. They stay even if I shake my head like crazy. Will bring extra clips on the trip for reinforcement just in case.

Now onto the bunny ears. They are longer and heavier. It's going to be a challenge and I am leaving on Saturday. Haven't started packing yet!

View attachment 259593
View attachment 259595

Those are so cool, I had trouble with my rabbit ears, I sort of have them balanced at the moment.

This is our first time going to MK Halloween party. The headless hours-man is only out for the parade right? Where is the best place to watch the parade if your using an ECV how early should you get there?

For CONFIRMED hours see Post #1 - it's all there, as well as information regarding the Headless Horseman. :-)

For real? Our party tickets show in MDE and I would very much prefer to wear a MB instead of a ticket on a lanyard for the party!

Yep! Here's the Official DIS Board Magic Band link if you have more questions: Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Hi everyone! Just finally finalized our trip. Party night sept 15 (& maybe 17) - thinking about doing the Hallowishes desert party thoughts? Our goals for the party will be characters, HM once & parade, fireworks - no other rides

Hmmm, not really sure what you're asking here and on the Official MNSSHP thread regarding the dessert party. If you were to create an itinerary not necessarily here but in general how would it work out with the rest of your wish list? Doing the dessert party is very subjective and something you'll need to decide. Personally I don't think it's worth it especially since Disney removed the parade from the package. I wonder why Disney still refers to it as a "Premium Dessert Party" there's nothing "Premium" about it and views of the fireworks... well take a look [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/review-tomorrowland-terrace-dessert-party-with-plaza-garden-viewing.3604693/#post-57599810"]here[/URL] and judge for yourself. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter