I have been working on my itineraries all day and believe they're done! I'll have to cancel one ADR to make this work and would appreciate any feedback :chat: Please go into specifics. Thanks!

Post #2

Last edited:

:crutches:Are you Medically prepared for your WDW trip?

Lately I’ve read posts where people admit they don’t carry their Driver’s License which makes me wonder if they bother to carry their Medical Insurance Cards. In earnest you should be caring both especially if you have children and/or a medical condition.

When planning our vacation no matter where we travel I make sure we are seen by our physicians and are up to-date with vaccines and medication at least two weeks to our departure. Our physicians provide a print out of our Shot/Vaccine Record for us to take home and for each person I make a list of medications they are taking, dose amount and what it’s for along with any known allergies and print them out. I also research where the closest hospitals and Urgent Care facilities are located and all this information is kept in my Travel Binder . Why? Because anything can happen.

“We love Disney and have gone 7 times. Our last trip, one of our kids got a stomach virus and eventually need to go an Emergency room for IV treatments. The Urgent care centers DO NOT do IV's. The paramedics on Disney's Property told us they did. The Emergency room/Hospital closest to WDW is Celebration Hospital. (The hospital Disney tells you to go to.) This hospital does not have a pediatrician to read any child's labs so most all kids are sent by ambulance to Florida Children's Hospital. That is a $90 cab ride one way. Just be aware before you spend hours waiting around at places that can't take care of your kids.”
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...32037-Walt_Disney_World-Orlando_Florida.html#

Did you know? “I’ve read on line is that calling 911 from any land line on property will get you directly to the Reedy Creek dispatch. However, calling from a cell phone does not guarantee that and you may get an off property operator. In that case, you should specify that you are on Walt Disney World property to get patched over to Reedy Creek.”

Adult Emergency & Tips: https://www.adventuresinfamilyhood.com/2013/08/how-to-handle-medical-emergencies-at.html

The information below is current as of June 5, 2017:

Celebration Hospital

400 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747
Phone: (407) 303-4000
Distance from WDW: 10 miles +/- your location.

Florida Hospital for Children
601 East Rollins Street
Orlando, FL 32803
Phone: (407) 303-KIDS
Distance from WDW: 24 miles +/- your location.

When I say "Have a Safe Trip!” I mean it :flower3:

Last edited:
:crutches:Are you Medically prepared for your WDW trip?

Lately I’ve read posts where people admit they don’t carry their Driver’s License which makes me wonder if they bother to carry their Medical Insurance Cards. In earnest you should be caring both especially if you have children and/or a medical condition.

When planning our vacation no matter where we travel I make sure we are seen by our physicians and are up to-date with vaccines and medication at least two weeks to our departure. Our physicians provide a print out of our Shot/Vaccine Record for us to take home and for each person I make a list of medications they are taking, dose amount and what it’s for along with any known allergies and print them out. I also research where the closest hospitals and Urgent Care facilities are located and all this information is kept in my Travel Binder . Why? Because anything can happen.

“We love Disney and have gone 7 times. Our last trip, one of our kids got a stomach virus and eventually need to go an Emergency room for IV treatments. The Urgent care centers DO NOT do IV's. The paramedics on Disney's Property told us they did. The Emergency room/Hospital closest to WDW is Celebration Hospital. (The hospital Disney tells you to go to.) This hospital does not have a pediatrician to read any child's labs so most all kids are sent by ambulance to Florida Children's Hospital. That is a $90 cab ride one way. Just be aware before you spend hours waiting around at places that can't take care of your kids.”
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...32037-Walt_Disney_World-Orlando_Florida.html#

Did you know? “I’ve read on line is that calling 911 from any land line on property will get you directly to the Reedy Creek dispatch. However, calling from a cell phone does not guarantee that and you may get an off property operator. In that case, you should specify that you are on Walt Disney World property to get patched over to Reedy Creek.”

Adult Emergency & Tips: https://www.adventuresinfamilyhood.com/2013/08/how-to-handle-medical-emergencies-at.html

The information below is current as of June 5, 2017:

Celebration Hospital

400 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747
Phone: (407) 303-4000
Distance from WDW: 10 miles +/- your location.

Florida Hospital for Children
601 East Rollins Street
Orlando, FL 32803
Phone: (407) 303-KIDS
Distance from WDW: 24 miles +/- your location.

When I say have a "Safe Trip!” I mean it :flower3:

Great info here! I usually purchase travel insurance and bring the slip with me. I think I should bring updated vaccination records and medication info just in case. Thanks for the kind reminder and hospital info! :thumbsup2

So we are doing Sept 29th with our son who has down syndrome. It will be his actual bday that day so want to take him to the party. It will be our first EVER :) It is a friday night so now I am getting worried about the crowds..we are going more for the experience [parades, shows] will see what his mood is for trick or treating and hopefully pictures [again....his mood] So for those of you who have been there....suggestions? What are the top things to do/see? I would love to see some of the 'special' characters but don't want to wait the whole night and not get to see other things so we will see.....

So we are doing Sept 29th with our son who has down syndrome. It will be his actual bday that day so want to take him to the party. It will be our first EVER :) It is a friday night so now I am getting worried about the crowds..we are going more for the experience [parades, shows] will see what his mood is for trick or treating and hopefully pictures [again....his mood] So for those of you who have been there....suggestions? What are the top things to do/see? I would love to see some of the 'special' characters but don't want to wait the whole night and not get to see other things so we will see.....

What are your priorities? What does your son like to do? Any certain characters? Knowing that will allow for a better response.

Please take the time to read the first few pages of this thread Post #2 - #7. I'm sure you will find all the information including links and printable pdf's to help you make informed decisions. Once you have created a plan you are more than welcome to post it here for advise.
As always I also encourage everyone to read the remaining pages at their leisure as they contain many links as well. :flower3:

A whole bunch of people here have been looking for it as well. So far nothing. It was already released this time last year. Someone heard from dining it would be released in August, but take that with a grain of salt. CM phone info isn't always the most reliable.
crossing my fingers xxx we are going on Halloween night so I know a lot of people will probably be trying for that same night!

What are your priorities? What does your son like to do? Any certain characters? Knowing that will allow for a better response.
We are thinking more the 'experience' of the party...parades are a must...he LOVES to people watch! I would love to do some of the special pics and maybe Mickey?? He has always seemed to gravitate to the characters... Shows can be a hit or miss for him but I would like to see them. I am really hoping he will get into the trick or treating....he loves to hand out the treats at home more than going...again...people watching! This will be the first time with just him, our older 2 are disowning us :rolleyes1 but they will both be in college. We are a bit nervous as to how he will do all alone but thought this would be fun with just the 3 of us!

We are thinking more the 'experience' of the party...parades are a must...he LOVES to people watch! I would love to do some of the special pics and maybe Mickey?? He has always seemed to gravitate to the characters... Shows can be a hit or miss for him but I would like to see them. I am really hoping he will get into the trick or treating....he loves to hand out the treats at home more than going...again...people watching! This will be the first time with just him, our older 2 are disowning us :rolleyes1 but they will both be in college. We are a bit nervous as to how he will do all alone but thought this would be fun with just the 3 of us!
Aww, I hope you all have a wonderful time. My DD, 20, disowns DH and me because we leave her behind now. She's old enough to stay home, watch the animals, and give mom and dad a break.

You'll have plenty of opportunity to trick or treat. We took a couple special shots - outside of the Haunted Mansion and with the Headless Horseman. The lines for some of the characters do get kind of long, so just prepare yourself to wait. Kenny the Pirate has great strategies in how to maximize your photo ops.

Please take the time to read the first few pages of this thread Post #2 - #7. I'm sure you will find all the information including links and printable pdf's to help you make informed decisions. Once you have created a plan you are more than welcome to post it here for advise.
As always I also encourage everyone to read the remaining pages at their leisure as they contain many links as well. :flower3:
Waiting to get to work to print the PDF's but I have looked over the other pieces....You would think after almost 17 years I would realize however that trying to PLAN anything with Z is kind of a useless attempt....he always tends to do his own thing. I want pictures...he won't get up out of his chair. We want to go on rides...even his favorite...and he decides he won't transfer....always a new experience with him! Sooooooooooooooo hard to plan everything ....

Waiting to get to work to print the PDF's but I have looked over the other pieces....You would think after almost 17 years I would realize however that trying to PLAN anything with Z is kind of a useless attempt....he always tends to do his own thing. I want pictures...he won't get up out of his chair. We want to go on rides...even his favorite...and he decides he won't transfer....always a new experience with him! Sooooooooooooooo hard to plan everything ....

My son has ADHD/Autism, my husband and I take turns with him. If DS chooses not to participate it wouldn't prevent me or my husband from participating even if one of us has to stay with him, taking turns help considerably. Our itinerary is on post #2 feel free to use it.:-)

It seems very weird that I have meticulously planned every day of my trip, yet I have no idea what I am doing the day of the party. Here is what I am thinking, please critique. My daughters are 5 and 3.

11:00 - Eat at T-rex. Wear the kids out so they will hopefully nap.
1ish - 3ish - hoping for a nap
3:30 - 4:30 - FP+ Tea cups, knowing we may not make it.
4:30 - 5:30 - FP+ Peter Pan
5:30-6:30 - FP+ Haunted Mansion
6:30 - 7:45 - Dance party/trick or treat if the kids insist
7:45 - get a spot for the parade, haven't decided on Main St. or Frontierland
9:15 - 10 - Try to catch some Hocus Pocus and get spot for Hallowishes
10:00 - Celebrate the Magic/Hallowishes

Assuming the kids will be ready to drop by then, so anything else would be a bonus. Thoughts?

It seems very weird that I have meticulously planned every day of my trip, yet I have no idea what I am doing the day of the party. Here is what I am thinking, please critique. My daughters are 5 and 3.

11:00 - Eat at T-rex. Wear the kids out so they will hopefully nap.
1ish - 3ish - hoping for a nap
3:30 - 4:30 - FP+ Tea cups, knowing we may not make it.
4:30 - 5:30 - FP+ Peter Pan
5:30-6:30 - FP+ Haunted Mansion
6:30 - 7:45 - Dance party/trick or treat if the kids insist
7:45 - get a spot for the parade, haven't decided on Main St. or Frontierland
9:15 - 10 - Try to catch some Hocus Pocus and get spot for Hallowishes
10:00 - Celebrate the Magic/Hallowishes

Assuming the kids will be ready to drop by then, so anything else would be a bonus. Thoughts?

I'm liking it! What day is your party? I'm assuming your using just a party ticket for entrance? If you arrive to 1st FP then do your second one right away you should have about an hour (4:55-6pm) to do something else before your third FP if you arrive by 6pm:-) Check out Post #5 for more ideas!

EDIT: Oh! Trick or Treat at the Bonus Locations too!::yes::

Last edited:
I'm liking it! What day is your party? I'm assuming your using just a party ticket for entrance? If you arrive to 1st FP then do your second one right away you should have about an hour (4:55-6pm) to do something else before your third FP if you arrive by 6pm:-) Check out Post #5 for more ideas!

EDIT: Oh! Trick or Treat at the Bonus Locations too!::yes::

Thank you for replying! Yes, only using a party ticket and August 29 :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter