So - I initially booked the Before Party. I called and had it changed to the After Party. My decision was like this:

1. We have dinner at 4:15. Probably won't be hungry for desserts that soon.
2. I'd be eating desserts and worrying about getting a "good spot" in the plaza, so I'd probably rush us through the desserts.
3. I figure we'll probably have to hang around a bit after the fireworks anyway while the masses head out - might as well be eating.
4. Helps us miss the initial crowds heading out (although we're staying at the Poly, so will have less of a commute than you).

You might want to consider Uber for afterwards.... the convenience may be worth it. Just a thought.

I decided to switch to the after party too! Same rationale -- after thinking about it I realized I would feel rushed. And I don't think the kids are going to want to spend their last minutes of park time sitting and eating in the rather nondescript Tomorrowland Terrace on our one and only MK day.

Afterward we can wait a bit in the garden, then sit and have our desserts while we wait for the bus crowds to (hopefully? maybe?) thin out.

I decided to switch to the after party too! Same rationale -- after thinking about it I realized I would feel rushed. And I don't think the kids are going to want to spend their last minutes of park time sitting and eating in the rather nondescript Tomorrowland Terrace on our one and only MK day.

Afterward we can wait a bit in the garden, then sit and have our desserts while we wait for the bus crowds to (hopefully? maybe?) thin out.

Yep, that will be perfect for you! This is our first time ever seeing any fireworks show there, so it's going to be really special for us. I. Cannot. Wait.

@sunshine girl
Just letting you know, we had no trouble getting buses after MK closed back to BC/YC, and we saw an AKL bus as well. They continue to come around for pick up knowing that there are still guests in the park. They may have shared buses, but you won't have difficulty getting a bus.

I just booked for March 1. It’s a Friday. Check in time says 6:30pm. I was really debating doing a party but MK closes at 8 that night so I figured it’s better than camping out for hours wasting park time trying to get a good spot on our last night in Disney. What time do you think the fireworks start on an 8:00 closing time? Or do you think the park hours will be updated?

6:30 was also the only available time that night. Is that bc after dessert wasn’t offered? Or it’s sold out?
I fully expect park hours will be extended, but if they are or not, HEA will still start at 8. Showtimes don’t change if park hours do.

The after party is booked via a different link than the before party, so if you want to check availability for the after party, you’ll need to check here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...owland-terrace-after-fireworks-dessert-party/

We are doing the After Party this weekend due to the expected crowds (before party was sold out). This works out great for us this trip as we love Once Upon a Time and that is showing at 7:30pm with HEA at 8pm so we are planning on checking in at 7pm and going straight there for the 2 shows. We are not night people and usually leave right after the fireworks - I know for the before party they would give you to go boxes to take to the Plaza, if we are dragging by then do you know if they will give us boxes to take back to the hotel?

We are doing the After Party this weekend due to the expected crowds (before party was sold out). This works out great for us this trip as we love Once Upon a Time and that is showing at 7:30pm with HEA at 8pm so we are planning on checking in at 7pm and going straight there for the 2 shows. We are not night people and usually leave right after the fireworks - I know for the before party they would give you to go boxes to take to the Plaza, if we are dragging by then do you know if they will give us boxes to take back to the hotel?

I would like to know this as well! We might prefer to get a to-go box and snack while we wait in line for the bus back to AKL... I just have no idea how much energy we will all have after a long day.

We did the sit down party at Tomorrowland Terrace on the 14th. It was fabulous!!!!

We were a party of two and we were seated on the railing. There were some trees between us and the castle that obstructed some of the lower projections but it didn’t take away from the overall experience.

It was my first time seeing HEA. It made me very emotional. So amazingly good.

It was a cool night so we were loving the hot cocoa. Desserts and savory food all good. Cast members walked around and gave everyone a large package of chocolates and thanked us for being there. We probably could have stayed longer after but we wanted to do some shopping so we left right after the fireworks ended.

Two thumbs up. Would totally do again.

We did the plaza viewing party on January 14th and it was great. The food was tasty. I loved the pineapple dessert, my husband loved the cheesecake brownie bites, my daughter loved the chocolate push-up dessert and both kids (4 and 6) loved the decorate your own cookies and sundaes. The egg rolls were also tasty. It was nice to have something savory and a little more filling. The party wasn't crowded at all. We ate all we cared to then we were walked down to the plaza viewing area. The kids played bubbles and danced around with other kids before the show started. During the fireworks we took a spot at the back and basically had a whole patch of grass to ourselves. My daughter spent the whole show dancing and jumping around our area without disturbing anyone. I sat on the grass with my son laying on my lap and could still see everything. It was incredible. Worth every penny for us.

Does anyone know about how early they are releasing dates now? I am interested in the dates for early June.

Thanks

I am sure this has been asked and answered ad nauseam but it is hard to sift through 176 pages, so I apologize ahead of time. My wife and I did the garden view party in March before they added the after party. We are going at the end of August with my sister and her family (MNSSHP will have already started, which we have tickets for on another night) and I had suggested doing the HEA dessert party. Is the garden considerably more crowded since there are 2 parties using the same viewing area or is it about the same but the dessert part is less crowded? I don't want to mislead my sister with what to expect (I'll never hear the end of it).

TIA! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter