Mint Julep Bar - NO Square?

DizkneeDenna

Former TDS CastMember
Hi Everybody - just a quick question....is the Mint Julep Bar still in New Orleans Square? Hubby and I were there last March and looked for it. Even asked a couple of Cast Members where it was...nobody knew. We never did find it....then I read a review of it on Mouse For Less website. Can anyone please tell me where it is? We are some of the crazy people going back at Christmas time and I want a Mint Julep. :drinking1

Thanks!

welll I'm as crazy as you going to DL at Christmas time and I have read about that drink and I was dying to try it, anyone can anyone help DizkneeDenna with the the question about her drink? :drinking1

Well, I may be banned from this board, but think thick green koolaid. And it's not even the 'good' koolaid (the one that makes you go dizzy and immediately purchase DVC!) :teeth:

It was there in July - but didn't look last time I was there. It is hidden by the train station and looks like part of another resturant (can't remember which one).

It is on the backside of Cafe Orleans, near the train station. To see it go to the train station and look towards the restarant that is there. It isn't open all the time though.

Actually, it's connected to the French Market restaurant, not Cafe Orleans (they're in two separate buildings), but you can't get there except from around back by the train station at New Orleans Square. It's just a window/counter in the wall of the French Market, so it's very easy to miss.

When you get to the French Market main entrance, go to your right, staying right next to the seating area, following it all the way around to the back, and you'll see it tucked back in the corner on your left.

Or from the N.O. train station, it's to your right on the closest corner of the building.

If you've never had one before, my advice would be to keep your expectations low. I tried one for the first time a week ago because of the good things I've heard about them. But when I finally tried it, I could barely drink it, and wound up throwing 3/4 of it away.

It's definitely not a drink for everybody.

bunninose said:
Actually, it's connected to the French Market restaurant, not Cafe Orleans

thats a better description...I was there in March and it was open...I didnt get the MJ because it was too cold so I got :coffee: instead but you want to go around the side of the FM restaurant towards the train station...and if you cant find it just ask someone in the restaurant :goodvibes

Thanks for all the great responses to my question. I'm torn now.....I still want to try it but Hubby says "NO MORE DVC POINTS" :rotfl2:

We already own points at BoardWalk and Hilton Head! As a matter of fact we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel in December on points. Gotta love DVC. :love:

Still I think I am going to have to risk it and try a Mint Julep just once!

As my sister put it...it's "toothpaste julep". Good thing she humors me and even drinks some of it. I personally think it's one of those Disney things. Dole whip in one hand, toothpaste julep in the other. Definitely an acquired taste, hope you like it!

Is it the same as the Mint Julep served at Blue Bayou?

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter