Minnie Vans

Cloe Colton

Registered
On my trip this past week I attempted to book a Minnie Van leaving the Magic Kingdom. Every time I tried to select the van to book the app kept saying that the van couldn't pick up from the Magic Kingdom and we would have to go to the TTC which is what I was trying to avoid.

We ended up just waiting for the monorail which was just a huge disaster. Has anyone had this issue before or know what I was doing wrong that caused this to happen?

I was definitely in the minnie van section and not a normal lyft so I am just at a complete loss!

It's just the way the app is and it's wrong. You just have to ignore it. The drivers know they can come to the bus stop at MK

Oh, the why it does that is because all the rest of the Lyft drivers can't go to the MK and do have to go to TTC. The coding can't seem to get it right for just Minnie Vans.

It's just the way the app is and it's wrong. You just have to ignore it. The drivers know they can come to the bus stop at MK

Oh, the why it does that is because all the rest of the Lyft drivers can't go to the MK and do have to go to TTC. The coding can't seem to get it right for just Minnie Vans.

Ugh how annoying! Thanks for the info! I've never done one from MK and thought maybe too many people were trying to get them and thats why it was happening. I guess good to know for the future! I wish I had just tried it to see what would happen! lol because I was definitely willing to shell out the $20 to not ride the monorail!!!

Ugh how annoying! Thanks for the info! I've never done one from MK and thought maybe too many people were trying to get them and thats why it was happening. I guess good to know for the future! I wish I had just tried it to see what would happen! lol because I was definitely willing to shell out the $20 to not ride the monorail!!!
You know it's not $20 anymore...right? It's now $15 + $2.75 per mile -- MUCH more than it formally was for most rides.

You know it's not $20 anymore...right? It's now $15 + $2.75 per mile -- MUCH more than it formally was for most rides.

It was quoting $20. So yes it was only $20. We were only trying to get to the Grand Floridian so not a very far trip. Just wanted to avoid the monorail!

No. If the issue were too many people, there just wouldn't have been a MinnieVan option.

Yeah I definitely should have just tried to do it!

It does seem to vary how it gives the message based on the way it pins your GPS. I know I've gotten sometimes but not others but I'm not clear as to why or how. I just knew it was wrong as I was 100% sure about where the pick up point was. One of our drivers to MK warned us about it too but I already knew at that point

Making sure, you know there was also a boat
And you could do the ferry to TTC and then walk from through Poly to GF. Not a short way but possible

It was quoting $20. So yes it was only $20. We were only trying to get to the Grand Floridian so not a very far trip. Just wanted to avoid the monorail!

Yeah I definitely should have just tried to do it!
You could have taken the resort launch to GF instead of the monorail.

It does seem to vary how it gives the message based on the way it pins your GPS. I know I've gotten sometimes but not others but I'm not clear as to why or how. I just knew it was wrong as I was 100% sure about where the pick up point was. One of our drivers to MK warned us about it too but I already knew at that point

Making sure, you know there was also a boat
And you could do the ferry to TTC and then walk from through Poly to GF. Not a short way but possible

Yeah, we were just trying to avoid all of the mass transportation options! haha MK was closing so we were leaving at the worst time, which I knew, I just hoped I could avoid the craziness lol I just wish they'd install a walkway from MK to Poly. I'd much rather walk than deal with any of them!

You could have taken the resort launch to GF instead of the monorail.

We were really just trying to avoid any of the mass transportation options. They all suck at MK closing, hopefully we will have better luck next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter