Minnie Vans - Age Restriction?

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if there is an age restriction on Minnie Vans like there is with Uber and Lyft? (they're limited to 18 or older, no unaccompanied teen passengers)

Children under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter Walt Disney World parks so I'd guess at least that age.

I don’t know for sure, but my hunch is that they would be limited like Uber and Lyft are. You have to have a credit card on file to be able to call a ride.

Hopefully someone knows for sure...

You must use a Lyft account to request the service. You must be 18 to have a Lyft account or request and use a ride with Lyft. So by default you must be 18 to request a Minnie Van

Anyone know if there is an age restriction on Minnie Vans like there is with Uber and Lyft? (they're limited to 18 or older, no unaccompanied teen passengers)
Unlike some states, there is no legal prohibition against transporting unaccompanied minors in Florida.

However, it IS against the Terms of Service for both account holders and drivers with both companies. So theoretically, an account holder could get their account closed, and drivers have been deactivated for transporting kids.

And as you'd expect, there is a large subset of both account holders and drivers who think the rules don't apply to them, so the real results vary somewhat.

I do NOT drive unaccompanied minors and I report the account holder 100% of the time after canceling the ride for that reason. I have had ride requests for children as young as 9, so apparently there are some pretty poor parents out there. I've also had 14 year-olds with their own accounts set up on Mommy's credit card...which, needless to say, I reported and was told the account was closed as a result.

I would assume Disney would follow Lyft's TOS, but the only way to know would be to ask Disney.

I would assume Disney would follow Lyft's TOS, but the only way to know would be to ask Disney.

Thanks for all of the info! I do have a question submitted to Disney, but haven't heard back. I'm assuming the answer will be 18.

I would also assume that, since it's on the Lyft app, it's 18.

You don't need to be 18 to have a credit card, though. Both my kids have an Amex under my account (with spending limits set by me) since they were maybe 14 I think. Since they'd be out with friends sometimes, I wanted them to have it just in case.

I would also assume that, since it's on the Lyft app, it's 18.
I don't assume much with Disney, lol. And certainly NOT with Lyft!

You don't need to be 18 to have a credit card, though. Both my kids have an Amex under my account (with spending limits set by me) since they were maybe 14 I think. Since they'd be out with friends sometimes, I wanted them to have it just in case.
Right, my DD as well. And they could just claim they're 18. Neither Uber or Lyft check anything on rider accounts...except to see that the credit card works!

And the answer is 18:

Can teens use the Minnie Van service without a parent/adult present (with a parent's payment and permission of course)?”
Hello Kristin and welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel where it's our pleasure to assist your family with their plans to visit Walt Disney World Resort.
I'm a huge fan of the benefits of utilising the marvellous Minnie Van Service! My own family have found it so convenient to be transported by Minnie Vans to events such as early breakfast reservations or as a late night transportation option when we're all foot-sore & weary after a long Disney day. Plus I truly love the fun interactions we've encountered from Cast Member Minnie Van drivers - we've even had a driver serenade us with classic Disney songs which certainly created a magical memory for us!
Your great question about teenagers using the Minnie Van Service sans parents really jumped out at me as it could be a useful addition for my own older teens too and after a little research I'm happy to share yes all Guests aged 18 years old and over may indeed order and use the Minnie Van Service.
It may also be helpful to know that to use the Minnie Van Service Guests aged 18 years old and over must firstly sign up online for a Lyft account before downloading onto their smartphone the handy Lyft app. By signing up to a Lyft account users are agreeing to adhere to Lyft's standard terms of service which includes that all users must be 18 years old or over to place a request via the app for the Minnie Van Service and additionally the Guest who requests the service must also ride along in the vehicle.
Sending magical wishes to your family for an Extra Enchanting visit to Walt Disney World Resort!
~ Jane

So as long as they use Lyft they are required to stick to Lyft's TOS
If they ever develop their own system, that is subject to change without question.

By signing up to a Lyft account users are agreeing to adhere to Lyft's standard terms of service which includes that all users must be 18 years old or over to place a request via the app for the Minnie Van Service and additionally the Guest who requests the service must also ride along in the vehicle.
I'm not sure whether the bolded part of Jane's quote above is actually in either Uber or Lyft's TOS. If it is, it has to be one of the most widely-violated phrases in either TOS!

I'd guesstimate that at least 10% of my rides do NOT have the account holder on board. I've driven Moms, girlfriends, boyfriends, employees, and all sorts of other relationships which would not be suitable for a DIS discussion. I've also transported food, power tools and car keys (twice). I even had a request to transport a dog to a groomer once (I declined that one.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter