Military discount for Sea World

nronczyk

Earning My Ears
So I swore into the military about 2 weeks ago and my ship date is the 30th of this month...I’ve been using my dd form for discounts and what not and got myself a free ticket to SeaWorld. So I want to take my little sister who’s 7 to sea world with me, even tho the ticket is for dependents only...If I showed up would they not let me in? I mean would they ask for proof that she has to be my daughter? I’ve read that they ask for a dependent ID if the child is 10 or older but she’s not close to 10 yet...so how does this work?

I unfortunately can't help here, but just wanted to say thank you for your service.

So I swore into the military about 2 weeks ago and my ship date is the 30th of this month...I’ve been using my dd form for discounts and what not and got myself a free ticket to SeaWorld. So I want to take my little sister who’s 7 to sea world with me, even tho the ticket is for dependents only...If I showed up would they not let me in? I mean would they ask for proof that she has to be my daughter? I’ve read that they ask for a dependent ID if the child is 10 or older but she’s not close to 10 yet...so how does this work?
Thanks for your service! I am a retired military member myself.

I think you should be happy to get the generous benefit of a free ticket from Sea World and just follow the rules and pay for your sister. Abuse of benefits such as these inevitably leads to losing them for everyone.

Yeah you’re right! I’ll just buy her ticket! But since I don’t have a military I’d yet could I just show them my dd form for proof?

They have to have ur I’d card to get the free tickets - yes u will have to pay for your sister -⎌he is not your dependent

- army spouse here

Active is treated differently in many SW/BG discounts from those who don’t have military ID card (not retired but served more than two years). My DH honorably served, but only ID he has is DD214 which I’m not about to lug around (do have a screen shot of it) or the verified veteran ID on his PA driver’s license.

How did you get your tix? You can google SeaWorld Orlando military tickets & go online to take advantage of whatever the current deal is for active or other group. The non active deal changed early in July.

Before you can even access the website, SW uses troopID to verify your identify/military status as to what you are eligible to order.

For those who aren’t retired/active but honarably served none-the-less, you just pick up tix @ will call/kiosk at the gate. We are long-time APH @ SW & A. My DH never Has been asked for ID to use the tix. Although I can’t imagine not always having a photo ID with you.

My suggestion is to call SW directly to verify but I doubt there will be an issue with ordering your sister a ticket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter