Mickey Shirt with Bleach?

I made this shirt with bleach, too... but I sprayed the INSIDE of the mickey head and masked off the rest so it wouldn't change colors. Sorry it's wrinkly... it was already packed for our upcoming trip!

018.jpg

Don't know if you were trying to find my instructions I had posted to another thread several years back (with what I call "reverse Tye Dying). I went back and found my original post, corrected for the missing pictures, and started a new thread with some of my earlier, and some of my newer, designs. Hope this helps.

Here's the link to the new thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38718604#post38718604

Here are a few of the shirts I give instructions for
adultanimalmickey.jpg

daniellesblcktank.jpg

lastyears.jpg

Finalshirt-tigercolors.jpg

Anybody think this would work with fabric spray paint? Michael's had some spray paint next to the tie-die kits. I was thinking of a black shirt with gold spray fabric paint & a stencil. Any thoughts?

Did you ever try this? I'd love to see the result if you have a photo.

Thank you for those photos Palmettocharm!!

I just did this one today for my DS7. I can hardly wait until he comes home from school and sees it. :goodvibes

Here's a photo, still wet fresh out of the washer:

IMG_1526.jpg

This is how mine turned out:

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Okay, what did you use for your stencil? Paper? Cardboard? Plastic cutting board? I did it with cardstock and the bleach kept bleeding back into the Mickey Head! :(

Thank you for those photos Palmettocharm!!

I just did this one today for my DS7. I can hardly wait until he comes home from school and sees it. :goodvibes

Here's a photo, still wet fresh out of the washer:

IMG_1526.jpg

What did you use for your stencil?:confused:

Sorry I just now got back over to this section of the boards. Here is full size photo...

Spraytiedye.jpg

And here is a close up...If I can find pictures of the other shirts I did in that bunch I will post those as well.

CloseDaisy-1.jpg

On the close up you can see where a portion of her bow got a little too much glue on it. For the rest of the shirt I used a paint bottle (filled with glue) that had a pin-sized tip and it worked much better! I only had to launder the shirts once, all of the glue came right out.

Love it!!! Great work.

A couple of posters have refered to "freezer paper". What is that? Is it wax paper? Is it in the store by the saran wrap and tin foil?

DH doesn't want to make shirts but we did last time and the kids have asked if we can do them again so it's four against one :)

I think the biggest tip I can give on the spray-bleach method is dabbing around the edges of the stencil as soon as you've sprayed. I tried it without dabbing it afterwords and it spread under the stencil like crazy! Dabbing it worked a million times better!! hopefully I can get some pictures up once they are out of the washing machine and dried!

A couple of posters have refered to "freezer paper". What is that? Is it wax paper? Is it in the store by the saran wrap and tin foil?

DH doesn't want to make shirts but we did last time and the kids have asked if we can do them again so it's four against one :)

It is not wax paper but on the same section. I have made so many shirts with my Cricut and freezer paper. Just make sure when you are cutting out on the correct side. I have had to re cut several times to get my logo the correct orientation.

It is not wax paper but on the same section. I have made so many shirts with my Cricut and freezer paper. Just make sure when you are cutting out on the correct side. I have had to re cut several times to get my logo the correct orientation.

Oooohh, I can cut freezer paper on my Cricut? My mind is already filling with possibilities. I bought some freezer paper and there seems to be a paper side and a plastic side, which one goes on the cricket mat? And do you cut in reverse?

I had to revive this thread. As a non-crafty person, I had to try my hand at this because it seemed easy. And indeed, it was!

Look what I made for DFi and myself :thumbsup2

This one's mine:
90c383a2.jpg

And this is DFi's:
6cd594e1.jpg

I'm a little disappointed that his turned pink but i'm just going to have to twist his arm so he'll wear it. :rotfl2:

I'm so proud of myself for tackling this.

It's not pink it's red-ish orange. Or sunset, or some other name that is close to pink, but isn't pink ;)

They turned out great! It gives me hope that my kids will be able to do it because they want to make their own.

It's not pink it's red-ish orange. Or sunset, or some other name that is close to pink, but isn't pink ;)

They turned out great! It gives me hope that my kids will be able to do it because they want to make their own.

Yes! Good point. It most certainly is NOT pink :rotfl2:

And your kids can definitely do it. If I pulled it off, heck, anyone else should be able to. Though I have to admit that I had to trash one shirt that I totally messed up on. Very typical of me though. One tip: make sure that your spray bottle is on the lowest spray setting. Otherwise, you will soak the t-shirt and it will not look good. :(

One tip: make sure that your spray bottle is on the lowest spray setting. Otherwise, you will soak the t-shirt and it will not look good. :(

Thanks for the tip. I have a shirt that I ruined while cleaning and I plan to practice on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!