• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey at the Oscars

travisimo

WDWCP Alumnus
Hey all, long time no see. I'm just curious what any of you thought about Mickey's appearance on the Oscars with Jennifer Garner. It was one of the few things I saw from the Oscars, and I thought it was kind of funny and cute. Then I read some editorial on the MSN page about the highlights and lowlights of Oscar night, and the writer considered Mickey's appearance to be one of the lowlights. Granted, it wasn't hilarious, and putting live-action and animation together can be a little awkward, but I thought it was alright. Then again, I'm partial. Gotta love the Mouse! Any thoughts?

I was glad to see him there! His appearance was understated and he certainly didn't upstage any of the other presenters. It was comforting to see a familiar face in these troubled times. Besides, I don't how they managed it technically so am impressed!

Loved the fact they showed his age by putting glasses on him.;) :rolleyes:

It was really tacky. It's like ABC forcing Mickey onto the show. Not funny at all. Very disappointed. I would rather see Mickey presenting the Best Animation instead.

he presented Best Animated Short Subject or something like that

I liked it...i think it's cool when animation and people are on screen 2gether!

and Mickey is awesome! I was excited! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter