Messi Very Busy Summer 2024?

Is that question that different for many of the players? Do many/most/few players the overlap?
Olympics is a U-23 tournament with three overage players allowed. Copa America is the full senior tournament and more prestigious.

Olympics is a U-23 tournament with three overage players allowed. Copa America is the full senior tournament and more prestigious.
Sorry, Buzz, that doesn't help answer my question. Not your fault, it just assumes that I know things that I don't. On average, how many players are/could be on both their country's Olympic team and Copa America team (or the relevant tournament for their region)? I honestly have no idea what percentage of players at that level are under 23-years-old.

Again, not your fault that your answer didn't help (I promise - not a dig at you).

Sorry, Buzz, that doesn't help answer my question. Not your fault, it just assumes that I know things that I don't. On average, how many players are/could be on both their country's Olympic team and Copa America team (or the relevant tournament for their region)? I honestly have no idea what percentage of players at that level are under 23-years-old.

Again, not your fault that your answer didn't help (I promise - not a dig at you).

Most countries does really care about Olympic soccer and it is considered a youth tournament. So, to answer you question, not very many. Most counties won't send their biggest starts to the Olympics and since it isn't a prestigious tournament most starts have no desire to go.

Conversely the biggest confederations tournaments don't generally have a ton of U23 players. There will be some but I'd wager most U23 players that do get capped for the Copa America skip the Olympics.

If Messi goes to the Olympics it is a marketing decision, not a soccer decision.

It looks like Inter Miami's Coach would prefer his Players only participate in one of the events.

But with Messi winding his career down,I think there is a good chance he may go for both.

He has said in the past how prestigious his Gold Medal is to him.

If he was not very close to the end of his career I don't think he would play but I bet he is seriously considering playing.

Mbappe is saying he wants to play in Paris Olympics.

Messi's new energy drink MAS+ is now available for pre-order.

I will get him to autograph one of mine if I run into him in Atlanta.lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter