Member Cruise Emails

rg35

DIS Veteran
Does every DVC member get member cruise emails? I do even though I bought resale in 2012. So I'm wondering if they flag users and somehow I'm not flagged correctly and could book a member cruise, or if this just a "dumb" marketing email with no logic that is sent to all members who are opted in to receive communications.

Any DVC Memeber can book a members’ cruise. The only restriction is the use of points to do so.

ETA:
Incorrect. You must have an eligible direct purchase or a grandfathered (pre 3/21/2011) resale purchase.

From the MC details page:

No, you must have qualified points to book even if you want to pay cash and not use points.

Michael posted the details.

Last edited:
Any DVC Memeber can book a members’ cruise. The only restriction is the use of points to do so.
Incorrect. You must have an eligible direct purchase or a grandfathered (pre 3/21/2011) resale purchase.

From the MC details page:
Effective March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their Ownership Interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those Vacation Points to make reservations for the Member Cruise. If a Member wishes to pay entirely in cash, they must still own at least one Contract with Ownership Interests purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, which includes access to Membership Extras such as the Member Cruise, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

I actually have qualified points but don't get the emails. (we would maybe take a member cruise in 2020)

May come into junk mail? Mine was in there today.

Probably promotional emails, which are also somehow blocked for me too. I opted out of ESPNs junk years ago and magical Disney IT can't figure out how to whitelist me for promotional emails again.

No email for me. The only DVC emails I got are ones after I book a reservation. I have all the permissions clicked and I never receive any of the promotional emails. I also never receive any from DCL even though we are gold Castaway club members.

No email for me. The only DVC emails I got are ones after I book a reservation. I have all the permissions clicked and I never receive any of the promotional emails. I also never receive any from DCL even though we are gold Castaway club members.

Yep. Same here. Emailed DVC about it and they blame my email provider. Haha sure Google is responsible for me not getting it and not incompetent Disney IT

I just dont like that if you pay cash for these cruises, you have to pay them in full at time of booking. Give us the same rules as any other cruise and allow us to do a deposit and then pay before a PIF date.

I just dont like that if you pay cash for these cruises, you have to pay them in full at time of booking. Give us the same rules as any other cruise and allow us to do a deposit and then pay before a PIF date.
I’ve never taken a charter cruise other than a MC. They would certainly be stuck trying to fill up a cruise after the PIF day. I think the cancel dates are fair. JMO

I’ve never taken a charter cruise other than a MC. They would certainly be stuck trying to fill up a cruise after the PIF day. I think the cancel dates are fair. JMO
My point is you have to have the full amount of cash to book. With a regular cruise, you put a deposit down and pay in full by the paid in full date (the date varies based on room type, etc.). I would like the member cruise to work the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!