Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

I am of the opinion that any Disney monorail ride is a good ride.
I love riding the monorail. I miss it because we use to stay at MK resorts quite often in the past and we rode the monorail so much back then!
Wow! What a great lineup!
It was. Genie+ is worth it at MK, easy to stack some great rides
Is... that what you wanted? Hoped for? Just happy you were on in 15 minutes?
I didn’t like it as much as the middle but again I am a ride chicken 🐔 I felt more pressure on my chest area in the back, maybe because it is a little more g force? Or I am lame who knows. I prefer the middle.
This is a great photo. :) I love your windswept hair. You're having fun!
Thank you. I need to try and smile 😃 like I am enjoying the ride
Glad to see the ol' hook hand is still in use. ;)
Yes, I always do this! Pirate ride act like a pirate, 🏴‍☠️
I'm looking forward to seeing this addition some day.
He is cool. I love the effect of the Hatbox ghost. I would love to get stopped in front of him to really check it out!
That's a great magic shot!
I thought so! I hadn’t seen that one before
All parks are so wonderful at night. And a ride that lets you sit and enjoy that?
PM at night is one of my all time favorite things to do! I had to get the foot shot since I was lacking the last few reports!
She's got this thing all figured out!
She does. I blame her for my low scores, lol 😂 she moves the vehicle for her advantage not mine! Except when I ride with other people I don’t do any better :laughing:
Interestingly, I don't recommend IASW at any time at all... ever...
I thought about you when I was writing this part. I knew you would never 👎 recommend doing this. I really wanted to do PPF twice and skip this but Andi thought her strategy was better :confused3
PPF a walk on!
What's not to love about that??
I love this ride!
Don't think I've seen it. Sounds like I'm not missing much.
The music is very random and not Disney at all, very weird!
Nice! I've heard of the effect, but haven't actually seen it.
It just happened all the barrels were spinning. You have to get other guests to join in and spin all at the same time. First time I saw it, very cool
Were you watching the fireworks right about then?
Yes, the fireworks 💥 were still happening
Nah. You've not getting older... you're getting more discerning.
Very true. I agree :rotfl:
You certainly got your money's worth out of AH!
I really think we did, plus I did get an AP discount and for Disney the price wasn’t to bad!
After getting to bed at 2am... no rope drop? Slackers!
I know, big ole slackers! :rotfl2:

We headed to the bus stop by 1am and we were routed to the PO Riverside bus which was there. It did take about 30 minutes to finally get dropped off at FQ! We had to do all the Riverside stops before FQ, and a guest driving an ECV took a long time to get off because she, like I would be, was a horrible driver of ECV 😂
I'm surprised that the bus dropped off at POR before heading to POFQ. The bus always stopped at POFQ first whenever it was sharing with POR, except for the Disney Springs route.
7DMT was next and the second fireworks show was starting, Enchantment was running during the AH event.
Now I know why we heard late night fireworks during our last trip. I didn't know about the after hours party. :) Our trip overlapped with yours and we were staying at POR.

It was. Genie+ is worth it at MK, easy to stack some great rides
::yes::
I didn’t like it as much as the middle but again I am a ride chicken 🐔
Awww. :hug:
I felt more pressure on my chest area in the back, maybe because it is a little more g force?
I’ve heard that coasters are more intense at the back… but I’m not sure if that’s true or just wishful thinking.
Thank you. I need to try and smile 😃 like I am enjoying the ride
So… you weren’t enjoying it?
Yes, I always do this! Pirate ride act like a pirate, 🏴‍☠️
:thumbsup2
PM at night is one of my all time favorite things to do! I had to get the foot shot since I was lacking the last few reports!
It must be done.
She does. I blame her for my low scores, lol 😂 she moves the vehicle for her advantage not mine! Except when I ride with other people I don’t do any better :laughing:
:laughing:
I thought about you when I was writing this part
:goodvibes
I really wanted to do PPF twice and skip this but Andi thought her strategy was better :confused3
She may score higher on Buzz but your strategy is wayyyyy better.
I know, big ole slackers! :rotfl2:
:rotfl:

Yay! It's not quick when it breaks down!
I have been on a few times when it stops and yes it can take forever!
Sounds like a lot of fun rides.
We did get a mix of everything without all the crowds
I can't wait to try this! In just about 2 weeks now!
Tron is very smooth with a fast take off
You're the only one who seems to know where to look. I don't think I've ever gotten my picture from Pirates. I have no idea where the camera is.
There is a pirate in the left side right before the little waterfall and the picture is there!
I can't wait to see this. I'm not sure I've ever seen it.
Very cool 😎
I wonder if they put it in the same place as the DL HM.
I’m not sure since I haven’t been on the DL HM since 2009! :rotfl:
I hope to do this one in about two weeks too!
PM is a favorite!
Because I don't like MK's Buzz attraction! I'm spoiled by DL's. You can take the guns out of their holsters. After I rode it once there, I did NOT like the lack of flexibility for aiming. I'm bad enough and when you fix my gun to the car, I really suck.
I know, Buzz is one of those rides that we have so many memories from even though the ride is not the best!
I've never done Barnstormer.....
32 seconds of your life, lol 😆 it is so short
don't even remember the last time I rode IASW in WDW.
Not a favorite of mine, a time sucker!
I think that was the fireworks show that I saw on my last trip to WDW.
It was short lived, maybe because it was really bad, lol 😆
Is this something they added when they put in an interactive queue?
Yes, it is hard to see because you have to work together with people in line to get the effects all the barrels have to spin at the same time.
When I drove an ECV, I was pretty good at it. I'm glad the bus driver gave her the opportunity to do it herself. Just too bad he didn't realize sooner that it was a problem. I used to get so mad at the men who assumed I was one of those who couldn't drive and just went ahead and did it for me. Thankfully, I've gotten myself past the need for one.
I have seen bus drivers help out right away and other drivers who just stand there! It is good when you can manage it yourself!

That's a packed evening of events.
It really was and I am so glad we did the AH event
I think it looks fun.
Ahh thank you. I blame the 70mph launch :rotfl: It makes me look old!
I see a hook.
Arrr matey!pirate:
I agree, it is very relaxing and beautiful at night.
I remember one Christmas party years ago like 2014 or 2015 and I had an ear infection/cold and just rode PM over and over, lol 😂 it was all I could do.
This picture says it all.
It sure does, Galactic Hero all the way!
Really good advice.
IASW during an AH, no not a good idea, lol 😂 I would have been game for two PPF in a row but alas Andi was calling the shots!
PPF is my favorite too.
❤️❤️ Hopefully we can ride together one day!
I've hear tell of this but never seen it.
Same for me, it was really cute!
I agree and it's rougher at night.
I think you are right
Great photo and I love your sweatshirt.

Wow, that was a lot. I'm still debating doing this next month.
I really thought it was worth it and the price wasn’t horrible with the AP discount!

It sounds like you had a super successful night! 20 min for Tron isn’t bad at all.
It was! I love MK at night and short waits for all our favorites was the best!
We got to see the Snow White effect once! Other people had the barrels going to make that happen, we had no idea about that Easter egg so it was a neat surprise to see it.
This was very cool! We seldom do stand by so it was fun checking out the queue and this was a bonus!
Sounds like a fantastic after hours event. You guys did a ton!
:thanks: It was great!
Yes - 100%. The Peoplemover is excellent at any time of day but seems especially magical at night.
I have a great love for PM ❤️
I loved riding these during the old MK EMH! Storybook Circus was always abandoned and was pretty with all the lights!
I remember those nights, we loved the EMH.
You had such a successful evening at MK! Your stacking gave you a great head start and you accomplished a ton (including snacks!). I’m glad you had such a wonderful
:thanks: It was a wonderful evening

I love the after hours events. I have only done the villains one pre-shut down but I would do one again in a heartbeat (if I have the extra money.) Also - I love your fuzzy grey jacket. I have that one as well and LOVE to wear it.
We have done 4-5 at MK now, none at the other parks. It really worth it at MK. I love that jacket! It is so comfy. I bought it at WL gift shop a few years ago and love it!
Wow, you two accomplished a lot on your MK night! It reminded me of the old Extra Magic Hours, where you could walk on to most attractions and feel like you had the place to yourself.
Glad Andi managed to get a second ride on Tron!
I agree. The EMH years ago was the best! AH at MK is worth it since there are so many good attractions!
I was shocked she waited 20 minutes, that girl does not like to wait at all! :laughing:

I'm surprised that the bus dropped off at POR before heading to POFQ. The bus always stopped at POFQ first whenever it was sharing with POR, except for the Disney Springs route.
It would make so much more sense to drop off at POFQ first since it is just one stop! I have stayed at FQ before and at the end of the night at MK, and have had to go all around Riverside first. Not fun!
Now I know why we heard late night fireworks during our last trip. I didn't know about the after hours party. :) Our trip overlapped with yours and we were staying at POR.
Yes Enchantment was added to the AH this year!
Same here!! I listen to the main song all the time!
We love the music, Moana is a favorite part of mine!
Wow you had quite the night at MK!! Looks amazing!
We did have fun and since we just had the one night at MK it was really worth doing the AH
Wow! You are my hero! What a night and what a line up of rides!!! Fantastic day altogether 👏
:thanks: It was really fun! 🤩 The weather was perfect just a tad chilly at the end of the night!

The Mega people from Mega Con have arrived!

I woke up around 9am and started to get ready. I went down to Scat cats and picked up Mickey Beignets. I got the bag of 3. These were delicious, warm, and made to order little Mickey goodness. Yum! These got Andi moving and we each had one and split the 3rd one.

IMG_2024-03-25-183656.jpg
We had our iced coffee and packed up our room. Andi and I are used to staying 8 nights at Disney so this quick 3 night trip in the bubble was definitely not enough.

We called bell service to pick up our luggage and store it for us. Our plan was DS for an early lunch at Eets. This is the new Indian inspired restaurant in the spot where the old Wolfgang Puck QS used to be.

We wanted to check out Gideon’s Bakehouse but didn’t want to wait an hour so we would decide when we arrived in DS.

It was around 10:45 when we took the boat over to DS. It was another beautiful morning. A little cool on the boat ride but not too cold.

Which reminds me of what is going on here. Guess what? We finally got winter 🥶 No snow for months and 62 degrees last week and right now we have a new 12 inches of snow! As a Minnesotan we always know we are going to pay for the nice weather and of course we are! It looks like December outside now. I had to work remotely today and all school, buses, and activities were canceled and yes it is still snowing! By the time I wake up tomorrow, we will have an additional 4-6 inches but who is counting, hahaha 😆 You have to laugh or you will definitely cry 😭

Okay back to sunny Florida, if it is only in my memories now!

Once we arrived at DS, we went over to Gideon’s and the line was long and no virtual queue so we passed.

We checked out a few shops along the way to Eets. Neither one of us bought anything.

The restaurant was not very busy. You order at the counter and get a number for your table and they bring the food out to you.

Andi loves spicy and decided to try

Spicy Green Chili Naan

IMG_2024-03-25-174534.jpg
green chilies, cilantro, clarified butter

This was very spicy way too hot for me!

I got the bread service to see how it compared to Sanaa.

eet Bread Service with Pimento Whipped Paneer

IMG_2024-03-25-174438.jpg
buttered naan, garlic naan, pimento whipped paneer cheese, masala vegetable sticks, indian pickle, coriander honey, chutneys.

The bread service was very good but Sanaa is the winner 🥇

The naan was delicious and the coriander honey was so good.

The pimento paneer was okay but The Boathouse pimento cheese dip blows this out of the water.

We ate out on the little screened patio area and it was a very nice spot.

The menu has some different pizzas like a chicken tikka masala and several build your own bowls. I think we would go back again and try a couple other items.
Andi liked hers but she even said it was really spicy 🌶️

I wanted to try ice cream from Salt and Straw after lunch, I got a scoop of the salted caramel and baked brownies. This was delicious! Andi didn’t want any ice cream 🍦 :confused3
IMG_2024-03-25-174651.jpg
We checked out the new Basin spot, it moved and no sinks in there, boo 😒 we love to wash our hands. I’m not sure if they will add the sinks. I hope so. It is over by Goofy’s sweet shop now.

I wanted to look in the Christmas shop before we headed back to FQ on the boat.

We gathered up our luggage, said goodbye to FQ, and called for a Lyft.
IMG_2024-03-25-174800.jpg
It was time to spend 3 nights at Universal. Our reservation was for Royal Pacific Resort.
IMG_2024-03-25-175419.jpg
IMG_2024-03-25-175601.jpg
We arrived at the resort and the place was crazy busy. I have never seen the lobby of any Universal resorts this busy, wow!

Andi found a place to hang with the luggage and I went in line to check in.
IMG_2024-03-25-180339.jpg
Thank goodness Universal had many TM’s at the check in area.

Once it was my turn, our room was ready. It wasn’t anything I had requested and it was on the 3rd floor not far from the Orchids lounge and it was the first room after the elevator. This made me really nervous, I thought it would be very noisy.

I asked if there was an upper floor room in a quiet area available and yes there was! Yay! We got the same tower 5th floor way at the end of the hall.
IMG_2024-03-25-180107.jpg
We headed up to this room and it was perfect with a nice view of a waterway and the parks in the distance. I was so happy I asked to switch!
IMG_2024-03-25-175748.jpg
We got the room set up and headed back to the lobby to upgrade Andi’s ticket to an AP. I was going to do the lowest pass except she would have been blocked out on Saturday so we went with the power pass. During Mardi Gras if there is a concert the lowest pass is blocked out and Saturday had a concert. It was only 75.00 to upgrade so worth it!

Stay tuned for a late afternoon in Islands of Adventure and dinner on Citywalk.

Here we are my friend and I, I know I look the same :rotfl: :laughing:
I think I had the same skirt! You look adorable!
It was time for our Guardians fancy ride and it was up and running today, yay! The line system here is crazy, no one seems to know where to go! The LL was snaking around by the gift shop area yikes! It actually moved fairly fast and soon we were in the preshow and eventually the ride. We got row 3 and Conga for our song! This ride is awesome and I like it more each time I ride it!
Nothing like Guardians!! I finally completed the song set and was so excited!
The Wild Mushroom Risotto was the one item we wanted to try.
That looks good!
This was worth the long line. I also picked up the Frozen French Martini 🍸 Grey goose vodka, chambord liqueur, pineapple, orange, and grape juices with lemon-lime foam.
Mmmmmmmm!
This little soft bun was filled with such deliciousness! Best of the fest for me! It even beats my beloved cheese bowl!
Those buns are really good!
The print I found is Halloween inspired and I love it! The artist was at the booth and he was signing the prints. Here is the print I bought and the Artist info on the back! I love it and will frame it and likely display it all year long!
Love it!
We found a table on the patio and Nate, from Paging Mr. Morrow and Dustin from DFB were sitting at the table next to us! I was really excited to recognize a few vloggers. I didn’t bother them, I just watched them from our table, haha 😆 It looked like a huge group was gathering with them and they were waiting to get called into Trader SAMs.
That’s so cool!!
I wanted the Mac and cheese. I have heard many great reviews on Gasparilla’s house made Mac. The restaurant had quite a few vegetarian and chicken dishes. Andi went with the

Mojo Chicken Bowl
I want to try the mac’n’cheese there.
Andi got to see the Hatbox Ghost 👻 she liked the addition.
Awesome! I finally saw where they moved the Donald chair!
I wasn’t sure if People Mover would be open during the AH event so we headed over there. We love this ride. At night, it is a beautiful experience! We took in all the sights and sounds.
Nothing better!
7DMT was next and the second fireworks show was starting, Enchantment was running during the AH event. We did not like this show at all when we initially saw it. We did a dessert party in Jan 2022 and both thought it was bad!
They did Enchantment as the 2nd show?? I would have been disappointed by that.
Our plan was to hit BTMRR next. This was crazy wild at night!
It sure is!!

What a lovely, low-key morning! I don’t know that Eet would be my cup of tea as I’m not a fan of spicy food, but I’d eat that ice cream any day!

I LOVE the Royal Pacific Resort - I stayed there back in 2015 and it would be my first choice for a Universal Resort stay. I’m sorry the lobby was crazy but happy you were able to switch your room and get Andi’s AP.

I went down to Scat cats and picked up Mickey Beignets.
DH and I must have had a bad batch because we were not impressed by the beignets. My sister loves the beignets because they have gluten-free ones. She'll make a special trip to POFQ for them.
It was around 10:45 when we took the boat over to DS. It was another beautiful morning. A little cool on the boat ride but not too cold.
I love that boat. :) And the restaurant was really close to that dock. :)
We finally got winter 🥶 No snow for months and 62 degrees last week and right now we have a new 12 inches of snow!
Same here in the Chicago area. We've had a very warm winter with almost no snow. I actually miss it and wish we would get back to a more normal winter. Although the patch of warm weather was very nice. :)
We headed up to this room and it was perfect with a nice view of a waterway and the parks in the distance. I was so happy I asked to switch!
The room looks really nice. You got lucky on the room switch. We are 50/50 on room switches. One time was fantastic and one time wasn't.

Andi, Andi, Andi - we ALWAYS get the ice cream unless we are trading ice cream for a yummy drink. Oh these young ones. We have so much to teach them.

And sorry about the snow. I spoke with my parents in MN on Sunday and they were ready for the storm. It sounds like you all are getting a lot more than the Twin Cities Metro area. I think they got about 6 inches but then it turned to rain. So glad I moved to VA. Hang in there. Another Disney trip is coming!

I went down to Scat cats and picked up Mickey Beignets. I got the bag of 3. These were delicious, warm, and made to order little Mickey goodness. Yum! These got Andi moving and we each had one and split the 3rd one.
IMG_2024-03-25-183656.jpg

These do look good!

Our plan was DS for an early lunch at Eets. This is the new Indian inspired restaurant in the spot where the old Wolfgang Puck QS used to be.

I'm still sad that Wolfgang Puck closed but I would like to try Eet.

Guess what? We finally got winter

I'm so sorry. Definitely Spring/Summer here.

I got the bread service to see how it compared to Sanaa.

This is what I want to know.

Thanks for the information.

The naan was delicious and the coriander honey was so good.

The pimento paneer was okay but The Boathouse pimento cheese dip blows this out of the water.

Thank you for the detailed review.

I asked if there was an upper floor room in a quiet area available and yes there was! Yay! We got the same tower 5th floor way at the end of the hall.

Yeah you got your request! Looks like a lovely room.

I went down to Scat cats and picked up Mickey Beignets.
Mickey Beignets??? Hello!
These got Andi moving
It sure as heck would get me moving!
Andi and I are used to staying 8 nights at Disney so this quick 3 night trip in the bubble was definitely not enough.
Heh... I don't know if there's a limit that would be defined as "enough". :laughing:
Eets. This is the new Indian inspired restaurant in the spot where the old Wolfgang Puck QS used to be.
Another new spot I'd not heard of... and one I'd definitely try.
Guess what? We finally got winter 🥶 No snow for months and 62 degrees last week and right now we have a new 12 inches of snow!
You got dumped on! We got snow too, but barely enough to cover the ground.
By the time I wake up tomorrow, we will have an additional 4-6 inches but who is counting, hahaha 😆 You have to laugh or you will definitely cry 😭
Oh dear... Remember... it's spring!!!

:rolleyes2
Spicy Green Chili Naan
That sounds good.
I'm not overly surprised by that.
Andi liked hers but she even said it was really spicy 🌶️
Really! Does she normally like very spicy? Now I'm even more curious.
Andi didn’t want any ice cream 🍦 :confused3
Um... What?????
Our reservation was for Royal Pacific Resort.
Nice resort. Really like it there. :)
it was the first room after the elevator. This made me really nervous, I thought it would be very noisy.
Yeah, I'd feel exactly the same.
I asked if there was an upper floor room in a quiet area available and yes there was!
:thumbsup2
We got the room set up and headed back to the lobby to upgrade Andi’s ticket to an AP.
I can't get over how cheap Uni APs are. Especially compared to Disney's madness.

Which reminds me of what is going on here. Guess what? We finally got winter 🥶 No snow for months and 62 degrees last week and right now we have a new 12 inches of snow! As a Minnesotan we always know we are going to pay for the nice weather and of course we are! It looks like December outside now. I had to work remotely today and all school, buses, and activities were canceled and yes it is still snowing! By the time I wake up tomorrow, we will have an additional 4-6 inches but who is counting, hahaha 😆 You have to laugh or you will definitely cry 😭
Ugh!! It's been weird for us in Northwestern Illinois, too! We had 25 inches of snow in one week in January, followed by a week of below-zero temps ... and then nothing. It was in the upper 60s in February! I went on a 10-day cruise Caribbean with my daughter & came home to 30s & snow last week. It was literally 40 degrees warmer in February!! 🙄 Sigh. Be safe!!

I think I had the same skirt! You look adorable!
🥰 That is so funny, we do think alike :rotfl:
Nothing like Guardians!! I finally completed the song set and was so excited!
I’m surprised how much I love it. I getting my sisters ready to ride! I’ve had 3 different songs and 1 repeat!
I want to try the mac’n’cheese there.
Maybe we can plan dinner there one night with a modified monorail crawl :laughing:
Awesome! I finally saw where they moved the Donald chair!
Spill!! Where is that chair? I thought I saw it in the new Treasure in the HM bar??
They did Enchantment as the 2nd show?? I would have been disappointed by that.
Yes, that is why we didn’t care if we saw it since it was not a favorite of ours!
What a lovely, low-key morning! I don’t know that Eet would be my cup of tea as I’m not a fan of spicy food, but I’d eat that ice cream any day!
It was after our late night. I thought Andi would have liked some ice cream to cool down her palate after her spicy 🌶️ bread!
I LOVE the Royal Pacific Resort - I stayed there back in 2015 and it would be my first choice for a Universal Resort stay. I’m sorry the lobby was crazy but happy you were able to switch your room and get Andi’s AP.
I have stayed at 2 of the 3 premier resorts and really like both of them. I should have took a picture of the lobby because it was very busy!
She needs the AP for Horror Nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter