Meeting The Ugly Stepsisters (Anastasia and Drizella) in MK?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to work this character meet into our touring plan. Any advice on where and when they generally meet?

I'm trying to work this character meet into our touring plan. Any advice on where and when they generally meet?
If I’m not mistaken, I think the only place to meet them is dinner time at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian.

Edit: And look at that, I was mistaken!

Last edited:
We have met them in MK but I’m thinking it was only during a party, Halloween or Xmas party and they were on the Tomorrowland die of the castle where Merida meets

We met them at the back of the castle on our last trip which was two years ago, they were great fun & definitely on our list for our trip in a few weeks.

My girls have met them at least twice over the last year in MK during regular park hours. They used to meet behind the castle (but I think they alternate times during the day with Fairy Godmother - girls met her on one of those two trips). We were last there and they were doing construction on that back walkway so they had moved, so unsure if they'll move back.

Edited to add: They are a hoot! I had so much fun just watching the interactions.

We love the stepsisters. I think we have seen them in MK once or twice, but rarely. (though to be fair, we don't do a ton of character greets.)

If they are important, consider a dinner at 1900 PF.

IMPORTANT: At 1900PF, the stepsisters are only in the dinner rotation, not the breakfast rotation.

That character meal is included in the WDW Dining Plan (except the QS one). If you plan to go to this meal, you might want to look at the DDP, as 1900PF is one of the pricier meals.

I live stream every Monday morning from MK, I see them every morning walking around by the carousel, in fact they ride the carousel every once in a while, I have not seen them stop in a specific place to do a regular meet and greet that doesn't mean they don't stop for a quick picture
They also come out for the welcome ceremony on the castle stage that happens every morning 5 minutes before rope drop

Last edited:
They are "roaming" characters - so they don't do a stationary meet & greet the way other characters do.

In the morning, they can often be seen by/near the carousel
They hang out periodically at the back of the castle, or in the vicinity of Castle Couture (we saw them across from the Cinderella fountain a few times).
And they roam around during the Halloween party, that's where I was finally able to catch them!

You kind of have to engage them and play along with them to get them to stop and take photos, but it's super fun trying!

On my last trip, they were alternating meets by the Fantasyland Walls between them and the Fairy Godmother. I had gotten in line just in time for the FG to leave. But was more excited when they said the stepsisters would come out.

If you check the the MDE app, you can select a park and filter by "characters". This is always subject to change, but today they are meeting by the aforementioned walls (that divide Fantasyland & New Fantasyland).

I have met them behind the Fantasyland walls towards SDMT AND near the Cindy fountain, but they were stationary meet and greets, as it showed on MDE and other CMs told me as well. I just assumed it was because of the shade factor.

They have regular stationary meet and greets every day at MK and have for at least the past 11 years. Lady Tremaine used to meet with them, but she was cut from the meet and greet a couple of years ago. They come out in 30 minute sets. I think their last set ends at 3:00. They have around a 30 minute break between sets, and maybe an hour or two break around the lunch hour. I'm pretty sure their first set used to start at 9:20. I think with the early park opening this fall, they might have an earlier set. Maybe around 8:30 or 8:20. You will most likely find them at the walls between old Fantasyland and New Fantasyland, but sometimes their meet and greet is on the side of the castle instead (if you are facing the back of the castle from Fantasyland it is on your right). They usually alternate with the Fairy Godmother (I think most days she is on the side of the castle at least part of the day even if the stepsisters are back at the wall). On their way to their meet and greet spot-especially in the morning- they do tend to roam a bit- maybe ride the Carousel and interact loudly with guests. They are our absolute favorite WDW meet and greet. They have been DD's must do meet and greet every year since she was 2. She became a huge Anastasia fan after seeing Cinderella 2 when she was little. She has had so much fun with them over the years!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter