Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

Since we had awhile to wait I decided to head back to the emporium to pick up a shirt I had seen earlier in the day that I liked. I had to ask a CM if they had any more sizes as all that were on the floor were small and medium. I was lucky and she found more in the back. :thumbsup2
Love that shirt! I have the Disneyland version and love it! I also have the necklaces for DLR that are in that merch line (plan to get WDW in December)!

You looked like y'all had a great time on your trip. I'm enjoying your TR and taking notes!!! We leave in 19 days.

We did have a great trip! I'm jealous you only have 19 days to go, I wish I was back in WDW already!

Love that shirt! I have the Disneyland version and love it! I also have the necklaces for DLR that are in that merch line (plan to get WDW in December)!

It was super cute, love the colours.

June 15 - Animal Kingdom

The biggest day of the trip had arrived! Today was the day we would get to see Pandora for the first time! I was really excited to see it and go on Flight of Passage as I had heard so many good things about this new area. I was so excited! I just love experiencing new stuff at Disney and all my research leading up to the trip led me to believe that this was going to be a good day!

Despite our long day and late night night at Magic Kingdom the day before we were up bright and early. In June AK had morning extra magic hours EVERY DAY, so we knew we had to get there early for those otherwise we would be facing horrendous lines. I normally avoid extra magic hours but there was no avoiding them for AK on this trip and they were a necessity for the Pandora rides.

We arrived at the park at 0720, EMH was due to start at 0800. They had just started letting people into the park! We were late!!

I knew at that moment we could throw away any thoughts of riding Flight of Passage that morning as we were at the back of the EMH crowd despite our early arrival and there was no way Mom could speed walk quickly enough to get a decent spot in line. That was alright though, we had fastpasses for Flight of Passage later in the day.

Since we were not headed to Flight of Passage we took a few minutes to enjoy the Tree of Life in the early morning light.

If I had taken this photo a few seconds later I would have captured a kangaroo hoping in front of the Tree of Life.

Now we were headed to Pandora. It was beautiful! I loved it instantly and I hadn't even been on a ride yet. It was so immersive and I felt that it really did fit into Animal Kingdom well considering how lush and green it was.

We found our way to the queue for Na'vi River Journey. It wasn't open as they were having technical difficulties and they weren't sure when it would open. Mom said she would stand in line anyways in case it opened soon while I took pictures around the immediate area.

Well, I hadn't gone very far when people called out that the line was open. In that moment my life flashed before my eyes as I was nearly taken out by a crazy lady driving an ECV. She whipped that thing around so fast with no regard of who may be around her in her rush to get to the line. If I had not jumped back I could have been seriously injured or at least injured enough to ruin the rest of my trip. I don't judge those who need to use these types of chairs on their trips as there are all sorts of hidden disabilities but if you are going to use one use it responsibly!

Luckily intact, I joined Mom in line for Na'vi. We didn't have time to look around the queue as we walked right onto the ride.

I thought the ride was very beautiful and it made me look forward to what Pandora would look like at night. I know people have mixed emotions about Na'vi but I feel it is just as good as most other dark rides/boat rides.

We took a couple pictures when we exited the ride and then decided to ride again since the line was still short.

This time we had to wait maybe five minutes.

Afterwards we wandered around Pandora and took everything in. We checked out the gift shop and I took a selfie at the famous moss wall much to mom's "delight".

Mom and I tried out the test seat for Flight of Passage. I was nervous that we might be too big as I had heard that if you have larger calves or a big chest the restraints might not click. Well, we did just fine with the test seat so I felt reassured that everything would go okay with our fastpass later.

After that we decided to move on. The park still hadn't opened yet so we decided to go see what else we could get done.

I haven't been to AK at night yet but I think it's beautiful in the morning sunshine and your pictures look great! I love Na'vi and I'm excited to hear how you liked FoP

Nice morning in Pandora! I agree, I quite like Navi River Journey. It's visually very pretty and an enjoyable dark ride.

I'm glad you like Na'vi, don't know why it gets so much hate?!

I haven't been to AK at night yet but I think it's beautiful in the morning sunshine and your pictures look great! I love Na'vi and I'm excited to hear how you liked FoP

It is really fun visiting AK at night, maybe because it is a new experience for me?

Just started reading your trip report today and love it! All of your pictures are absolutely amazing - gets me so excited for the trip we have coming up! Looking forward to reading more!

I went on Na'vi River Journey with the family last year and really enjoyed it. I can't do simulator type rides as I get very nauseous for some reason and didn't think my husband could ride anyway after his strokes. I want to spend more time exploring the area when I go down in a couple of weeks and really spend some time there after it gets darker out.

I hate people like that woman with the scooter. I need to be in one because of a bad ankle, knees and back. I can handle every day life but not all of that walking without being in serious pain. People like her are why those of us that need them get dirty looks. Seriously some ECV users need to have their license revoked. Glad you weren't hurt.

We really enjoy Navi River ride, Pandora is beautiful!

It really is beautiful! I can't wait to go back and share it with my brothers.

Just started reading your trip report today and love it! All of your pictures are absolutely amazing - gets me so excited for the trip we have coming up! Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading and commenting! I always find trip reports get me excited for my upcoming trips!

I hate people like that woman with the scooter. I need to be in one because of a bad ankle, knees and back. I can handle every day life but not all of that walking without being in serious pain. People like her are why those of us that need them get dirty looks. Seriously some ECV users need to have their license revoked. Glad you weren't hurt.

Exactly. I read an article here on the Dis today about a lady that got hit by an ECV and her ankle? was fractured. Horrible.

The biggest day of the trip had arrived! Today was the day we would get to see Pandora for the first time

:dancer:

We were late!!

That happened to me too!! I was plenty early, but they had already let people in sometime before! THere were already loads of folks! I was so sad!
29679331157_465a9371dc_z.jpg

Beautiful!

If I had taken this photo a few seconds later I would have captured a kangaroo hoping in front of the Tree of Life.

D'OH!!

Now we were headed to Pandora. It was beautiful! I loved it instantly and I hadn't even been on a ride yet. It was so immersive and I felt that it really did fit into Animal Kingdom well considering how lush and green it was.

100% agree!

In that moment my life flashed before my eyes as I was nearly taken out by a crazy lady driving an ECV.

Ridiculous. There is actually a lawsuit over this right now. I guess some lady took out another guest and broke her ankle bad enough to require surgery and PT. Everyone needs to be careful and aware- ECV or not. But especially an ECV as they can really do some damage!

but if you are going to use one use it responsibly!
YES!

Cool!! almost an abstract shot. :thumbsup2

awww!

Glad you were able to visit Pandora and see it for yourself. I agree with you; I haven't ridden any of the rides yet but still love walking around the area and taking in all the sights.

Oh my goodness, that lady on the ECV was crazy. Just like parents need to be mindful of where they're pushing strollers, people in ECVs need to pay attention to their surroundings. Even if they are super excited that Navi River Journey opened....:rolleyes:

Exactly. I read an article here on the Dis today about a lady that got hit by an ECV and her ankle? was fractured. Horrible.

I saw that article. Left me with a few questions honestly. They were both on scooters and in one of the stores? But I also read the comments and now I am considering being in pain instead of using the scooter. I am careful but you would be amazed how many people jump in front of me and then give me dirty looks. I love traveling with Kristel because she always has my back.

I feel like I gave Na'vi an unfair shot the first time I rode it because I had waited an hour in the heat opening weekend. I went again on my previous trip with a FP and really enjoyed it! I think as long as there isnt a super long wait its a very beautiful ride! But I think I would say that for my Disney rides haha a wait just dampens the experience!

Oh my goodness, that lady on the ECV was crazy. Just like parents need to be mindful of where they're pushing strollers, people in ECVs need to pay attention to their surroundings. Even if they are super excited that Navi River Journey opened....:rolleyes:

I know, it was ridiculous. Nearly getting taken out over her panic/excitement to get in the line a few seconds ahead of somebody else. :confused3

I saw that article. Left me with a few questions honestly. They were both on scooters and in one of the stores? But I also read the comments and now I am considering being in pain instead of using the scooter. I am careful but you would be amazed how many people jump in front of me and then give me dirty looks. I love traveling with Kristel because she always has my back.

You are right, everybody needs to be aware, the driver, the pedestrian, other drivers. No need to walk or drive like a maniac.

I feel like I gave Na'vi an unfair shot the first time I rode it because I had waited an hour in the heat opening weekend. I went again on my previous trip with a FP and really enjoyed it! I think as long as there isnt a super long wait its a very beautiful ride! But I think I would say that for my Disney rides haha a wait just dampens the experience!

I think a long wait can definitely impact one's enjoyment of a ride.

Catching up.

Luvin the Gaston photos, I think I would be a little awkward with him as well. He's very eh... sure of himself and I think I'd be shy :rotfl2:

The little mermaid was one of my favourite movies when I was little. I want to be a mermaid in fact so totally get the liking the mermaid ride, Small World as well, that'd my favourite. We don't do thrill rides... I think even 7DMT will be to thrill for us, we've never done it though so I may try youtube ride videos before we go to see how thrill it gets :goodvibes

The castle show looks great, love all the photos

Pandora is different looking. I'm still not in love with it being there as it's got nothing to do with Disney but we'll probably try do the Navi River journey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter