Mears vs Uber/Lyft for Airport transfer

LAS321

When you wish upon a star...
We have previously us Mears for our transfer from MCO to and from Disney. While we've never had an issue, I've been reading many negative reviews recently about problems people are having with no-show buses and long waits to get to the resorts. I know using Uber or Lyft might be more expensive, but is it worth it? We'll only be staying for 5 days and have an early arriving flight so we can make the most of the time we have. I'm curious about what other people's experiences have been and what the approximate cost would be. We are 2 adults, 2 carryon suitcases and one larger suitcase Our flight will be arriving around 9:00 AM. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

I too had considered Uber/Lyft for my trip last week but ultimately decided to give Mears Connect another try after a not great experience in December 2022.
I landed at 8:30am.
I did not have to wait very long for the bus to leave the airport. I did find that the bus seemed to be taking their sweet time driving and I was the 3rd resort dropped off. All that said I arrived at my resort at 10am.
The way back went much more smoothly than the previous time I had used it. Our flight was at 9:15am. Our pick up time was 6am (be there waiting by 5:45am). They ended up arriving around 5:50am. We had 2 more stops. The driver told us the pick ups were at 6:10am and 6:20am. We arrived to both several minutes before the scheduled time and everyone was standing waiting ready to hop on.
We arrived at MCO at 6:58am. The driver definitely was not messing around and drove swiftly and safely.

Sorry that I don't have info for you about Uber/Lyft but thought you may like to hear a very recent review of Mears from someone that had an early arrving flight.

I pay up for Uber Comfort or Lyft Comfort instead of the normal one for longer drives because they have more experienced drivers. It has improved my quality of drivers and is my choice of transport for solo travel or traveling with friends.

I won’t even consider Mears now. I tried it one evening early Dec, it was almost 2.5hrs to my hotel, stop 5 of 6. Just to save myself $20-$30. If time matters skip Mears.

We have previously us Mears for our transfer from MCO to and from Disney. While we've never had an issue, I've been reading many negative reviews recently about problems people are having with no-show buses and long waits to get to the resorts. I know using Uber or Lyft might be more expensive, but is it worth it? We'll only be staying for 5 days and have an early arriving flight so we can make the most of the time we have. I'm curious about what other people's experiences have been and what the approximate cost would be. We are 2 adults, 2 carryon suitcases and one larger suitcase Our flight will be arriving around 9:00 AM. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
What is an extra hour plus of time in the parks worth to you? For me its gold! so uber or lyft for me, even if surge pricing. No contest

used Mears last week. Waited maybe 20 minutes for bus at MCO and were third stop after Poly & GF. Took maybe 1 hour to arrive at our resort from airport. Our pick up was much like the one above- 5:50 pick up time for a 9:15 flight. We were last pick up so at MCO by 7. Would absolutely book again.

Starting to think about getting to the resort from the airport.

It looks to me, like for a family of 5 (no car seats), Mears would cost more…
Maybe it includes the return too though?

The last time we were at Disney, they still had the magical express

We went as a couple and never had issues on DME, used Mears once and almost missed our flight home after waiting 90 minutes for our pickup at Poly. 100% taking uber for our 2025 trip!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest