Me and my Laptop questions again!!

minnie56

DIS Veteran
O.K..I have found I can Lease to Own at a really good price through Queen's.

I need votes..

Toshiba Tecra A1 Laptop or

IBM R40 Thinkpad (2681-knu ??)

The Tecra has 2.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4M Processor/256 Megabytes of RAM/30 Gigabyte hard disk

The Thinkpad has basically the same except 40 Gigabyte hard disk and a 15"TFT Active Matrix colour display screen compared to the Tecra's at 14"

Any opinions?
Thanks as always!:D

Personally, I wouldn't lease as it becomes obsolete before you've paid for it. That's my .02!

but in all probability she will own this for the duration of University anyway so it will ultimately be obsolete either way. My husband says they're obsolete as soon as you take them home from the store!

For $50 a month for 3 years or $76 a month for 2...I think who cares?

Suits me...a lot less painful than forking it out all in one shot!

I can also get her the top model Tecra for $96 a month for 2 years..I just saw it in the store for $3, 799.00

Bottom line is..the price is better this way. I can also of course buy outright from Queens.

Is there a financing charge included in that? I have found that when it comes to leasing a laptop you actually end up paying about 2000 dollars more in the long run for it. I would personally go with the Toshiba Tecra either one of them.

I have done a lot of pricing around and these still end up cheaper by $300-$600 than what I have seen so even if there is a charge included...I am still in pocket.

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter