*May 2019 Check In*

GenGen22

DIS Veteran
I've looked and don't see a May check in so, I thought I would start one. I will be there from May 10-13 at DL. I have a conference in Long Beach from 5/14-5/19 so, added a DL trip in since I'll be in the area anyways. We are also going to a WOC Dessert Party on 5/11. Please do feel free to add events happening in May below and I will add to this post.

Things going on in May:

*Promo tickets must be purchased by 5/18 and expire 5/23
More info here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/special-ticket-offer/

Sleeping Beauty's Castle re-opens May 28thpixiedust:
Star Wars Galaxy Edge opens 5/31
Memorial Day 5/27
Mothers Day 5/12
Cinco De Mayo 5/5

* Grad Nights *
  • May 10, 11, 17, 18, 21, 22, 28, 29, and 31
  • June 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14
More info here:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/06/2019-disneyland-resort-grad-nite-dates-announced/

Mothers Day Brunch and Special Meal Ideas:

PCH Grill - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/paradise-pier-hotel/disneys-pch-grill/

Have a Fun-Filled Mother’s Day
On Sunday, May 12, treat mom to a delicious brunch or dinner buffet―with a generous helping of smiles!

Be sure to bring your camera, because some favorite Disney Characters will be here throughout the day to pose for pictures, sign autographs and give mom a hug.

• Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM
  • Dinner buffet: 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Cost:
Brunch: $46 for Adults & $26 Children
Dinner: $48 for Adults & $28 for Children

For reservations, please check availability and book online, or call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463 up to 60 days prior to your visit. Reservations can also be made in person on a limited basis, subject to availability. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Character appearances and menu items are subject to change without notice.

StoryTellers Cafe: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/storytellers-cafe/

Be sure to bring your camera, because some favorite Disney Characters will be here throughout the day to pose for pictures, sign autographs and give mom a hug.

• Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
  • Dinner buffet: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Cost:
Brunch: $46 for Adults & $26 Children

Goofy's Kitchen: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/goofys-kitchen/

• Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
  • Dinner buffet: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Cost:
Brunch: $44 for Adults & $26 Children

Disneyland Hotel: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/afternoon-tea/

2019 Mother's Day Classic Tea

Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in May, surprise mom with an elegant tea that’s brimming with all the trimmings.

The 2019 Mother’s Day Classic Tea is held from 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM on:

• May 3, 4 and 5
  • May 10, 11 and 12
  • May 17, 18 and 19
  • May 24, 25 and 26
Cost:
Premium: $65 for Adults & $25 Children
Regular: $52 for Adults & $25 for Children

A Tasteful Table
Begin your repast with assorted fresh-baked scones and tea sandwiches with toppings like spring pea chicken salad, crab egg salad, roasted cauliflower on green goddess hummus, or roasted pepper tartine with goat cheese mousse. All accompanied by a selection of hot or cold teas.

Young Guests will enjoy fun-shaped sandwiches in kid-friendly flavors like cucumber, ham and cheese—even nutella and jelly. And befitting a proper tea, the finale entails an assortment of sweet treats.

Make a Reservation
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made online or by calling (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463 daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Pacific Time). Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

All reservations require a credit card guarantee. If you wish to cancel your reservation, please do so at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $10 per-person charge. This charge will also apply to “no shows.”

Last edited:
*Gengen22 5/10-5/13 Delta Hotel Anaheim Garden Grove
*Wench 5/30-6/2 DLH
*sbakersub 5/18-5/22 Anaheim Camelot
*LaurieRL 5/20 Comfort Inn
*jillyh 5/18-5/20 VGC
*hpanno 5/2-5/4 CCI
*Sagacious_Sundry 5/1-5/3 PP
*Brett Wyman 5/5-5/9 VGC
*Eve & Wall-e 5/30-6/3 DLH
*friedela 4/30-5/7 Staybridge Suites
*Belle20006beauty 5/12-5/19
*RedOne3781 5/4-5/8 Hyatt Regency Oorange County
*beccagilgan 5/6-5/9 DLH & Hilton
*BoardwalkGlenn 5/5-5/8 VGC
*Lm3js 5/3-5/5 Dessert inn & Suites
*EastYorkDisneyFan 5/3-5/6 Anaheim Hotel
*sunshiinedaydream 4/30-5/5 Courtyard Convention
*aroseinwintr 5/5-5/9 Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
*172flyer 5/19-5/23 Grand Legacy
*Elk Grove Chris 5/14-5/19 DLH
*SkRiderMom 4/29-5/4 Tropicana
*Dalton5 5/4-5/10 Fairfield Inn
*akmomesq 5/27-6/1 GCH
*Dmto4 5/-5/7 Dessert inn & Suites
*rain_rose 5/2-5/6
*Kdisneygrl 5/1-5/4 Dessert inn & Suites
*jillt2ph 5/9-5/12 VGC
*BuzzyWOL 5/1-5/6
*amandaleigh2 5/26-5/27 Best Western Park Place Inn
*Denise0362 5/24-5/27 VGC
*Saseegrl 5/15-5/18 Hampton Inn and Suites Buena Park
*Rich M 5/19-5/22
*VonSweets 5/5-5/9 Courtyard Themepark Entrance
*Herewegoooooooooo 5/12-5/17
*Whowouldanewman 5/13-5/18 Courtyard Themepark Entrance
*Poohbug 5/4-5/9
*PrincessSitka 5/9-5/15 DLH
*Jen_G 5/23-5/28 Castle Inn & Suites
*MikeSF
*JBeaty0507 5/3-5/6
*Morgan063006 5/11-5/18 Anaheim Fairfield Inn and Great Wolf Lodge
*Malcon10t 5/8-5/9
*Antlane 5/2-5/5 Paradise Pier
*Traveling Tigger 5/9-5/14 BW Stovalls
*Racefans 44 5/4-5/10 Disneyland Hotel
*Kickinwing820 5/28-5/31
*SeattleTink 5/25-5/29
*allisonknits 5/13-5/15
*Jairy 5/8-5/12 Park View Inn
*Shoeshoeshoe 4/28-5/2

Last edited:
My son & I will be there May 30 at DLH & then May 31 - June 2nd at GCH. I’m so excited for Galaxy’s Edge. He is too, but he doesn’t realize we’re visiting yet. I’m trying to make it until the morning we leave before I tell him.

Last edited:
I was aiming for May 6-9 but I can’t go anymore. I’m aiming again for Thanksgiving week. Hopefully Disney doesn’t raise the prices that much in 8 months. I hope you all enjoy your trip!

I'll be there with daughter, son-in-law and 3 grand kids May 18 - May 22. We'll be at Anaheim Camelot Inn because they have a family suite set-up that works well for our group. Planned the dates to get there before the Star Wars crowds, now I'm worried we'll see some bigger crowds than usual because we're at the tail end of the discounted tickets window. But excited regardless of crowd levels!!!

Promo tickets must be purchased by 5/18 (Special Limited Time Offer) and 5/20 (SoCal Resident Offer) and expire 5/23. The weekend before the last week and the 23rd should be fairly busy with people trying to use up their tickets.

Last edited:
My husband and I are visiting Disneyland on May 20 as part of a longer trip to California. We visited WDW last year and loved it so decided to include DL in our California trip this year. We'll be using MaxPass for sure. Would of been amazing to have been there for Galaxy's Edge but I'm ok with missing that insanity although I'm sure the day I'm there will be busier than we planned on because of it. Anyone know what the weather is usually like that time of year?

My husband and I will be there with our daughter, SIL and twin grandsons (5 y/o and 1st visit:) from May 18-22 staying at VGC on rented points.

We are taking a quick trip for my birthday! I jokingly told my H and kids (9, 12) that for my birthday I wanted to ride Guardians until we hit all six songs. So we are going May 2-4th. Staying at CCI. Our last trip was a 5-day at DLH in December of 2017. Excited to go when it’s warmer!

I was aiming for May 6-9 but I can’t go anymore. I’m aiming again for Thanksgiving week. Hopefully Disney doesn’t raise the prices that much in 8 months. I hope you all enjoy your trip!
Sorry you had to postpone your trip. At least you have an alternate plan and it will be where there is a Christmas theme. So much fun!

I'll be there with daughter, son-in-law and 3 grand kids May 18 - May 22. We'll be at Anaheim Camelot Inn because they have a family suite set-up that works well for our group. Planned the dates to get there before the Star Wars crowds, now I'm worried we'll see some bigger crowds than usual because we're at the tail end of the discounted tickets window. But excited regardless of crowd levels!!!
We all try to plan in advance the best we can. This happened to me the year of the 60th anniversary. I made plans to go Memorial Day weekend and then they announced that the 60th Anniversary unveiling and 24 hour party will start day one of my trip. It was really fun. It's what you make of it. Just move onto something else if it is too busy at the one thing you want to do.

My husband and I are visiting Disneyland on May 20 as part of a longer trip to California. We visited WDW last year and loved it so decided to include DL in our California trip this year. We'll be using MaxPass for sure. Would of been amazing to have been there for Galaxy's Edge but I'm ok with missing that insanity although I'm sure the day I'm there will be busier than we planned on because of it. Anyone know what the weather is usually like that time of year?
Is this your first time to DL? Make sure to get your first visit button.

The weather is just beautiful in May. Nice and warm and sunny but not too hot. Spring time is the best!

My sister and I are visiting from the UK on May 1st- 3rd as a part of a longer road trip we're doing to celebrate our birthdays (my 30th and her 24th). We've never been to the western side of America before and we (particularly my sister) are HUGE Disney fans, so we are very very VERY excited! ^.^

We're staying at Paradise Pier and we've also got the WOC Dessert party and the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner thing booked.

Is this your first time to DL? Make sure to get your first visit button.

Nope - my husband actually proposed to me with a Disney coin he made before we were married - 28 years ago:). We have been doing primarily WDW for the past 20 years or so. He hasn't been to the land since before DCA was there. I was last there in 2010 so it's been quite a while. It will just be a first visit for the twins. So excited! Just ft'd with the twins yesterday and one had just finished coloring and cutting out a Mickey:)

Disneyland Hotel Check In May 30 Check Out June 3

I'm going with my sister, who hasn't been to Disneyland in 18 years. Our first day in the park is May 31, the day Galaxy's Edge opens.

We're going April 30-May 7 for the first time, staying at the Staybridge Suites. We are counting down the days! We are also not telling our kids until the morning of :rolleyes1

We originally had a two week California trip planned for August which included 5 days at Disneyland. However, we found out I was unexpectedly pregnant and won’t be able to fly by then. So we’ve moved our trip up to May 12-19th. We had to cut out San Diego and Universal to make it work, but we kept the best part! It’s our son’s first trip and we cannot wait to get there!! I’m bummed I won’t get to ride Guardians, or any of my favorite rides, but seeing my son there will make up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!