Maximilian m pin fake?

Teresadoxie

Mouseketeer
hi!

Not sure if this is the right location.

So we were at Disney world this week and I saw a pin I liked from a cast member so I bought a booster set there so I could trade. My husband immediately loved pin trading and bought a lot of pins from the park so he can trade.

Dang it. Came home and researched the pins and being a newbie we picked up I believe a lot of fakes. But we had a blast trading our $5/6 dollar ones for these.

Ok. Question. Is there a fake out there for the Maximilian robot letter M ? I can’t find anything on this one.

Thanks!

Teresa

Speaking feom experience there are a lot of fakes out there. I’ve often traded pins bought in the disney store for scrappers. Sorry.

Did you purchase fake pins or are you saying the CM traded you a fake pin?

Ive been trading pins in Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris for the last 7 years. I use www.pinpics.com to check which are real or scrappers. I cant get into pinpics right now maybe you might have better luck. Your pin is number 82335. They are very good are putting notes on pins. If there is no note on your pin or the description does not mention anything then I would say its more than likely a genuine pin.

I have specific characters and pins which I collect and then I have about 10 pins which are my trader pins. When I go to a park, my main aim is just to trade out my traders and get a new round of traders. If I come across a real pin, I look on it as a bonus, as I expect all pins I recieve as trades to be fake.

Ive been trading pins in Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris for the last 7 years. I use www.pinpics.com to check which are real or scrappers. I cant get into pinpics right now maybe you might have better luck. Your pin is number 82335. They are very good are putting notes on pins. If there is no note on your pin or the description does not mention anything then I would say its more than likely a genuine pin.

I have specific characters and pins which I collect and then I have about 10 pins which are my trader pins. When I go to a park, my main aim is just to trade out my traders and get a new round of traders. If I come across a real pin, I look on it as a bonus, as I expect all pins I recieve as trades to be fake.

Thank you!!! I will check out the site. And great advice!!

Found it. It was out there as a fake too. So it is possibly a fake as well. Thank you.

I bought real pins from the stores at the park in order to trade. I got fake pins from cm. I want to verify this one

WOW. We have not traded in a few years but all the time we did, CMs would check our pins to make sure they were real Disney pins. They said they could not accept non-Disney pins because they could not trade them to guests. This was consistent across the board and over the years.

I hope that the rules haven't changed. If they have, that is sad.

WOW. We have not traded in a few years but all the time we did, CMs would check our pins to make sure they were real Disney pins. They said they could not accept non-Disney pins because they could not trade them to guests. This was consistent across the board and over the years.

I hope that the rules haven't changed. If they have, that is sad.

you are confusing fake / scrapper pins with non Disney pins

The fake / scrapper pins we are talking about are pins which have been made in the same factories as Disney pins to Disney designs. They are pins which
1. did not pass Disney quality control and should have been destroyed, ie colour incorrect, distorted design, metal not correct, something missing from the design etc etc
2. extra pins which were made after the Disney order but were not quality controlled by Disney.

These pins are sold by the factories or by factory workers on the internet. As they are far cheaper than the high quality pins sold by Disney, people buy them, not knowing or caring they are not authorised by Disney. These types of pins have flooded into the parks and now 90% of pins on CM lanyards and pin boards in the parks are fake/scrapper pins. As these pins are Disney designs, CM;s accept them

Non Disney pins are still not accepted by CM's. An example of a non Disney pin would be a pin from Hard Rock Cafe. This is a genuine pin, bought in a Hard Rock Cafe BUT as it is not Disney it can not be traded to a CM

Sad but true. Seems like at least 90% of pins on the trading boards or cast member laynards are scrappers. I have some in my collection that I keep because I like the design or I think they are cute, so at least they make me happy.

If you are concerned that you only have "real" pins then you should only purchase from shops. If you want to do like I do, I pin trade at boards and cm lanyards looking for pins I like and do not have. It makes me happy to find a new one and I don't really care if it is perfect. I will reject the trade if the pin has a visible flaw.

I started my trading habit by purchasing discounted pins at the Disney store at the outlet mall. Most of them I paid 99 cents each and I bought a bunch.

I like to pin trade, and I have discovered that I have a lot from over the years that are probably 'fake/scrappers'. HOWEVER, I enjoyed finding the pin, I remember when I traded for it, and it will be kept in my collection. I really think that the only time the status of the pin would be an issue is if I ever wanted to sell my collection. These are keepers, so happy from my end of the trade.

I like to pin trade, and I have discovered that I have a lot from over the years that are probably 'fake/scrappers'. HOWEVER, I enjoyed finding the pin, I remember when I traded for it, and it will be kept in my collection. I really think that the only time the status of the pin would be an issue is if I ever wanted to sell my collection. These are keepers, so happy from my end of the trade.
Same here. If I like the pin, it looks good to my eye, I plan to keep it, not sure what else matters. I never plan to even try to find out if the ones i have are scraps or legit pins since I never plan to become some aficionado or trade with anyone other than a CM.

Thanks again BadPink Tink for helping me with my question. Others - the point of knowing if I have a real one or not is to make sure I dont trade it back in circulation. :crazy2::crazy2:

This is an interesting thread to me. My husband and I started collecting pins this past March for the first time! We are in our late 60's, so a little late to the game. I never knew how much fun that could be. We wanted some of our favorites, and had a blast scouring the pin kiosks and stores in each park. Didn't know you could even trade with anyone. We had a goal in mind.
My husband is a wood worker and "turns" bowls and other things on his lathe. He had the idea of making a broad "lip" around the top of the bowl, hollow it out a bit, and put Disney pins in it, then cover it with clear epoxy. It is a neat idea, and we were excited to start gathering our favorites. He is still working on this project, but I can't wait to see the results. It will be great to see the Disney pins around the lip of the bowl with clear epoxy protecting them.
Anyway, we had so much fun finding these pins that we have started a new hobby! We have only bought from the Disney stores on site and kiosks so far, but didn't know about the pin trading. FYI :)

Thanks again BadPink Tink for helping me with my question. Others - the point of knowing if I have a real one or not is to make sure I dont trade it back in circulation. :crazy2::crazy2:
Ah ok. Only the traders at Epcot care. The CM at the various park locations do not and most other park goers do not. There is really no other way to get pins to trade without spending a fortune. I mean, don't know about you but I'm not going to buy a $10 pin to trade away.

Sadly, most of the pins on the CM lanyards are scrapers/fakes. People keep buying from unauthorized sellers on ebay/Amazon/etsy and trading these in the parks. Disney does not control it, so as result they have taken over. If you are doing it for hobby and do not care about the value or that they look "junky", collect what you like from CMs. If you care about legit pins and quality, as many of us do, find sellers on FB who sell legit pins or buy from Disney directly. I think the Disboards has an issue with FB pages being posted, so I will not post links to any groups here in case that is correct, but if you need to find a place where you can buy legit pins at a good price, please PM and me and I will share information with you.

I buy from the parks 2 to 3 pins a trip. The girls however are trading demons. I have pointed out that a lot of the pins they have are not "real" but have been informed that they look just fine in their pin collections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter